Small Tracker

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafael

Reaction score
I recently purchased RW Mongoose 29 w/dd and was thinking what tracker would fit into it. I have an eggfinder but don't know if that would work.

I mount an eggfinder TX in a 29mm tube mounted in cosecones so I can swap it quckly between rockets

1448820497440.jpg

OOOH nice!

I will be doing something similar for me Vertical assault very soon!

Looks great.

The eggfinder will fit nicely in a 29mm tube. If you prefer radio tracking all of them will work. I have a Beeline transmitter that I use in 29mm birds.

I recently purchased RW Mongoose 29 w/dd and was thinking what tracker would fit into it. I have an eggfinder but don't know if that would work.
It will fit, I even squeeze one in 24mm.photo 3-2.jpg However, I think that the 29mm Mongoose nose cone is CF, bummer. It will block your RF transmission. I build all of mine out of glass for that reason.

It will fit, I even squeeze one in 24mm.View attachment 277019 However, I think that the 29mm Mongoose nose cone is CF, bummer. It will block your RF transmission. I build all of mine out of glass for that reason.

Holee cow! You have an Easy Mega in that thing. You must really want that data! Aft antenna? I hope the rocket depicted is not CF as you'd only be able to positions after the antenna is out in the breeze.
Range could be attenuated. Kurt Savegnago

Kurt, almost right. It's an EasyMini. The nose cone is FG and just painted black, the BT and fins are CF. The antenna points to the front. the rocket ready to launch without engine is under 3.8 oz.

egg24.JPG

Keep one thing in mind. A really sensitive directional Yagi for the 220MHZ neighborhood can be up to 6' long. You can cut down on the sensitivity and end up with one on the 2'-3' range. Of course the folding antenna on the newer handhelds which is, I think, a modified loop antenna works well if you are buying new.

Keep one thing in mind. A really sensitive directional Yagi for the 220MHZ neighborhood can be up to 6' long. You can cut down on the sensitivity and end up with one on the 2'-3' range. Of course the folding antenna on the newer handhelds which is, I think, a modified loop antenna works well if you are buying new.

I caught it's an Easy Mini. The EggFinder is on 900Mhz Al. It's recommended to use an Omni directional antenna because the beam pattern of a Yagi might be too narrow on the ISM band for in-flight aiming and tracking. Once the rocket is down and
stationary, I've used a Yagi to increase the ground reception footprint a bit. Works fine and 900Mhz Yagis are easy to carry. Kurt Savegnago

I think I got my threads mixed up. There was another one where a guy was asking specifically about a tiny 220MHz tracker. That was the one I was trying to reply to.

Back