Michiana Three Oaks Launch Dec 5 and Dec 6

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to it and it looks like good weather for this weekend!

Sunny BOTH days and winds hovering around 10mph from the south. Cannot ask for better than that for Three Oaks.

Won't be able to make this one. Making plans for the next Sunday launch.............................in April.

Darn Saturday job.

Come on out everyone! Temps above 40, mostly sunny skies, wind speeds in single digits. It doesn't get much better in the Midwest in December for a rocket launch!

We are launching both Saturday AND Sunday from 10AM EST until 5PM unless we run out of rockets or it gets slow and we want to pack up before dark.

Seriously, come on out and have a great time with the great folks from Michiana Rocketry and a curmudgeon of a backwards coyote.

12,000 ft standing waiver with call in to 16,000.

Lots of fields, a drainage ditch, and a lot of fun.. . hope to see you there! We even have a functional outhouse that won't be taking a flight.

Last edited:
Got the rocket wagon loaded. Get to go to work tonight, get 4 hours of sleep and head off to play. Weather looks great both days looking forward to sering you all again.

The word I’m hearing on the street is we are going to have quite a few at this launch. Weather looks perfect, I’m bringing my 8 inch Gizilla rocket packed with a M1939W white thunder, Big blue formula 150, 6 inch rocket with a large blue thunder motor, and quite a few others. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Gizmo2.jpg 4.jpgIMG_7079.jpgFPWIS1_031613.jpg

Last edited:
Well now I'm bringing a pair of Formulas the Formula 150 in Fluorescent orange tubing and it's little brother. A 3 inch rocket on a J and this is just for Saturday. Sunday a couple of 6 inch and possibly a 8 inch.

A sneak peek at my project for the Spring launch A 12 inch Pershing 1A on a 98mm. Stay tuned.

Pair of Formulas.jpg 2015101095115746.jpg Crouching Tiger M2100G.jpg Pershing 1A.png

Last edited:
I am bringing... something.. .I think.

forgot we had a concert to go to and things are not finished with pack/prep, so it will be a matter of what I can grab and load quietly at 5:30 AM tomorrow. But looking forward to it all the same!

Seriously though, I am probably just grabbing a bunch of rockets with 3D printed parts and some 3D printed saucers, basically the same stuff I was taking to the Purdy Sod farm this summer. If I have time I have some clusters and a 3" rocket or two to try and pack.

Last edited:
Weather change and headaches meant we didn't go to the concert and I got my rockets packed. However, the weather change is concerning.

Weather update for those coming from the West and driving through NorthWest Indiana on your way to the launch.

I don't know what the weather is like where you are. However, here, we have a thick wall of fog that came in this evening that isn't supposed to budge until 1EST. Worse than the less than 1000ft visibility is the fact the fog is leaving a layer of ice on things, so be careful on your drive tomorrow.

There are no weather or fog advisories that I have seen for that part of Michigan. As far as I know, the launch field will be clear skies. If you can make it through Porter County, Indiana, you will probably be fine.

So if I make it, here is what I have packed.. 54mm Darkstar Jr with a Loki H160 Blue, My 3" Do or Do Not, There is no Trident on an I-435, a 3" MAC Scorpion on an I-305, my Stovi which will go up on 7 D12 motors, some other scratch cluster rockets, and a bunch of 3D printed stuff...

Last edited:
It's about a 3 hour drive for me. Sure wish I could make this one. It's gunna be perfect weather.
But the truck has a steel belts showing on one front tire.
Goes in Monday for new tires, shocks and an alignment and oil change.
Lots of build time before next spring I guess.
Have fun ya'll.

freezing fog now extends to Three Oaks. However, forecast calls for it to clear up there by our 10 AM launch start. However, It could still be foggy in Indiana until 1 or later.

Good luck with your launch, Gary. We can compare notes at the end of the day!! Who blew up more!!!!! We've got Manny, so the odds are in our favor.

I'm brining my new 15x up-scaled Estes SWIFT. 7 1/2" x 70"

Mike

I sure wish I could be there to see that! When I was there to pick up my LOC IV, that was in the works and I told Cari after we left that it would be awesome to see. Have fun and be safe!

Thanks Ryan, wish you could be there too, party at mike's was fun, to bad you missed it today.

Mike

Thanks Ryan, wish you could be there too, party at mike's was fun, to bad you missed it today.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Hope you guys had a great time out there today! I'm planning on going to the Dec. 19 launch there, so I hope to see some folks then.

First day down. More big rockets tomorrow. Polish Thunder is in the Rocket Wagon. A number of great flights today and a number of great flights planned for tomorrow. Time to crank up the newton count!!!!

First day down. More big rockets tomorrow. Polish Thunder is in the Rocket Wagon. A number of great flights today and a number of great flights planned for tomorrow. Time to crank up the newton count!!!!

Is/was there much fog up there?

Started clearing off around 10:30 blue sky started popping up around 11:00. By noon it was game on for some heavy hitters.

Have a good time tomorrow y'all. QCRS had a great launch today as well. We all should be thankful for weather like today's. Hope you all had good flights.

Good luck with your launch, Gary. We can compare notes at the end of the day!! Who blew up more!!!!! We've got Manny, so the odds are in our favor.

Had some great flights, started slow but managed to get 1 L and 2 M flights up. I think we had 60 flights in total today, more to come tomorrow. Had a nice turn out and was nice to have some dogs and home made chili at the site. If you get a chance come on out and try a different field and relax and fly.

Latest posts

Back