3/4 Mercury Redstone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simply spectacular project.

I am sure it would take some time searching this thread so I will just ask. Who built the motor and what are its specs? I saw the YT video of the static test and know its a Q but thats all I know.

I could see the liftoff and hear cheering, no full distance flight video yet that I found, but sounded good:) Looks like the wind was blowing pretty good.

Way to go guys! Nailed it!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Success! A big congratulations on a successful flight! Check the Twitter feed for the video.

I would guess because while he did not fly in on the Redstone, he was part of the Mercury program, flying on the Mercury-Atlas and that he recently (well, 2016) passed away.

There is the flight video at that twitter link now....

Ah, see others beat me to it. :D I clearly stopped reading the thread too soon before going over there.

Neat stuff!

GREAT JOB!!

I'm wondering, will the rocket still be at the farm next weekend?
Love to get a look at her,,,,

How did it survive post flight?

The parachute with the base/fin piece failed (1 of 4 panels broke loose) and it came down faster than the rest.
Did it suffer an significant damage?

Well done!!! :cheers::handshake::handshake::w::w::wave:

Winds almost scrubbed the launch but there were sufficient lulls to get it going late (very late) afternoon.

It was epic.

yih-OZBuaqcr-Xg8Y1RynXE032ZnQRRCHMwYBdqCIu0wR3ZmmoMtHUxc0eD3zlScNw6qvJixkNCVOykm2c8RhhO77BC_jKxsxgxR-Xu5v4co3UlwZGU677iklelkhdFVbq5z-ECa-YnyzBEvpJk2mts91ixkdQHdKVsl8s5e3YX3ti9uot_rF22vu_negZf1Ri1LixPXFV952jhjShvZYSQoZYX50Jz6eeyOWagaxZhSJfF0DshzYgGkDWxskw0tuui9Xitbe40Pd3xXc4-JcZIR87vqBMrjueEmz2bz1Y-MFvumdG73nrfB4EI5mKRmwaIB9fjuKZJDe2Eo8BwdmHv0bG5YaADfbMaOYaJzU-n1VeIltxBlJMffyQata1d-fFzI2II0QLtkx5nC5FeBQVwEL3VBRNeodoHjYREoy_8kQdbrYlBoByiOTAxsEngPL03Ei46Th-pjD9IzL9YLTPhoRtZA6iPQ8Qibtrojj10xDW_8MEMl2u3uHknn583r0YhD__7WCFldBVefigdBAQgl5PxX-vh7b1ByH937W1TtDo1zjkUDV2UeZdlwdH0Ps1mOj-VwDpckPCmSI1gi37GkOPnSI2xyc2yD9KRG=w675-h900-no

Back