Post yer Plunder here....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
What did y'all order today?

I got myself a Black Brant from Madcow (kinda had to, ya know,,, because of my username? :p ).
Got a 6' Rocketman Chute.
Formula 38 to turn into a MD rocket.
A Mouse (1.5"x19" FG rocket for Hannah to build)

And some stuff for my secret santa. :)

I bought a Mouse too :) Hard to beat a fun little FG rocket for $25
Also bought a 2.6 FG 54mm Tomach and a 2.6" FG Nike Smoke form Madcow
A few motors from buyrocketmotors.com

More to come...

Not all that much, my big stuff is coming on saturday and monday! I got some motor retainers and parachutes from Wildman, and then some parts from madcow, as well as a Mini Tomach to make DD. Should be a fun, quick, high flyer!

I'm like you Nate, Im' shootin my wad tomorrow and Monday. My self control got a REAL workout today though.
So many great deals, I had to keep telling myself "but you already have one kinda like that one". I haaaad to buy
a 29mm DD Mongoose though.

I got mongoosed today with a 75mm Carbon fiber. Nice high flier.

I think a bunch of us got Mongoosed today. :grin:

I have the 29mm version in the cart. I'm fighting as best as I can but not sure how much longer I can hold out.... Will the CF airframe accept threads? How would one secure the rail buttons in the 29?

Who ever makes the fly-away rail guides needs to start making them in 29mm.

Ordered a few motors from Buyrocketmotors.com and parts from Apogee Components.
Had 3 kits picked out for the Rocketry Warehouse sale, but none of them went on sale :-(
Was hoping Squirrel Works would have a black Friday sale, but no luck there.
So I guess I saved some $$.

I got a 54mm CF Mongoose from RW, and the 54-1706 motor/K550W combo deal from Buyrocketmotors.com. That's it for me.

Looks like North Texas will be well represented by Mongoose's for the next couple of years. Still resisting...

Just dropped by HobbyKing (forgot all about them today) and picked up this R/C Rocket boost Komet for half price! :grin: :grin: :grin:
63641(1).jpg

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking...ormance_Rocket_Fighter_PNF_AR_Warehouse_.html

Last edited:
It is my first time participating. I've already gone a bit nuts.

So far:
29 and 38 mm special hardware kits
punisher super sport
54mm printed sled
38mm aeropack
29mm mongoose DD
2 pints rocketpoxy
3" fiberglass frenzy xl
60" top flight chute
1/4" Kevlar tethers
38mm Madcow plate-style retainer

tomorrow I'll probably drop a couple hundred bucks on motors at Wildman and/or BuyRocketMotors depending on how the deals shake out. Probably done with kits unless Wildman has a shockingly good deal (Darkstar 3 for $99 heh). And then all the odds and ends - some stuff from Eggtimer and Onebadhawk probably.

my credit card is crying, but the deal I made myself is this is all my rocket buying for the year, other than probably grabbing an L2 motor at some point to cert on. Aww hell, maybe I'll throw that in the sale too.

I said I wouldn't participate in this year's Black Friday because:

#1 too many kits on the build pile
#2 too busy with work
#3 the $700.00 8" Darkstar I nabbed last Black Friday still has the wrapping paper on it

But as it turned out I somehow justified picking up two mice 38s, one each of my 6 year old twins and a Formula 38 in blue berry for me.

I seriously have a problem.

so far:
Madcow FG 98mm Tomach
RW 75mm FG Mongoose
RW CF 54mm Mongoose
Hoping for a something special from Wildman

Well, I'm done.
Wildman Wednesday sale got me a Dink, motor retainer, and MWP 13 dvd.
This morning I got a Demon 54, YELLOW 3" Darkstar & retainer, and a RA 75 for a 4" Wildman Wild Thang Extreme I ordered earlier.
Oh, forgot. I also ordered a Additive Aerospace 75mm sled from Wildman for the 3" Yellowstar.... Tim says the yellow doesn't become translucent like the red, but what the heck. Clear coat it and it's still gonna be yeller....

Adrian

Well, I'm done.
Wildman Wednesday sale got me a Dink, motor retainer, and MWP 13 dvd.
This morning I got a Demon 54, YELLOW 3" Darkstar & retainer, and a RA 75 for a 4" Wildman Wild Thang Extreme I ordered earlier.
Oh, forgot. I also ordered a Additive Aerospace 75mm sled from Wildman for the 3" Yellowstar.... Tim says the yellow doesn't become translucent like the red, but what the heck. Clear coat it and it's still gonna be yeller....

Adrian

Adrian, did you see the price of the MARSA54L? I almost missed it...

I picked up a 4" Nike Smoke and some Aeropack retainers/adapters from Madcow, 100' of 1/4" kevlar from Rocketry Warehouse, and a Punisher 4 w/OBH harnesses, some more Aeropack retainers/adapters (what Madcow had already run out of) and some motor casings from Wildman this morning. I think that's it for me, I might pick up some more electronics for these new kits before the weekend is out (was hoping someone might have the Raven stuff on sale but I guess not), probably some more Eggtimer stuff.

The Nike Smoke would be for TCC's K2045 drag races, I also picked up the 4G casing for that. The Punisher 4 is what I'm hoping to turn into my L3 project, I asked if the tube could be a bit longer than the stock 45" as I'd hope to turn this into the booster for a 2-stage Punisher 4 once the L3 is out of the way and could use a bit more room for the main and interstage coupler as well as hopefully being able to handle 75mm 6GXL loads.

Lets see.
2 SL100's
2 PML Copilots v1.0
1 PML Copilot v2.0
1 RRC2
5 RRC2+
3 RRC3
Sorry, had to go count them all. Then clean up dog puke :puke: :puke: Aren't pets wonderful :kill:
Crap, that makes 14... No I think the MARSA 54L is safe from me, unfortunately... Not that I don't want it, especially at that price, but.... My cc is on lockdown after Wednesday, yesterday and this morning.

Adrian (now if Dix wanted to buy me a MARSA to try, I wouldn't argue.... :wink: I'd give it back, eventually :eyeroll: )

Lets see.
2 SL100's
2 PML Copilots v1.0
1 PML Copilot v2.0
1 RRC2
5 RRC2+
3 RRC3
Sorry, had to go count them all. Then clean up dog puke :puke: :puke: Aren't pets wonderful :kill:
Crap, that makes 14... No I think the MARSA 54L is safe from me, unfortunately... Not that I don't want it, especially at that price, but.... My cc is on lockdown after Wednesday, yesterday and this morning.

Adrian (now if Dix wanted to buy me a MARSA to try, I wouldn't argue.... :wink: I'd give it back, eventually :eyeroll: )

Wow you have a problem (says the person that has had two electronics sell-offs in the last 3 years)! This second MARSA54L only makes 8 for me.

I suppose yer gonna tell me the MARSA54L would be perfect for air starting 2 motors AND dual deploy in my 4-29 SS that I got from you...

Here is my plunder:

Rocketry Warehouse:
Mongoose 29 (Couldn't pass it up)

Wildman:
2x AT F22-7 (For cousin)
2x AT F52-8 (For cousin)
2x AT G64-7 (For cousin)
2x AT G76-10 (For cousin)
2x AT G138 (For mongoose)
2x AT 29/40-120 cases (One for my cousin and one for me)
1x CTI G106 (For my cousin)
1x CTI H410 (For mongoose 29)
1x CTI L935 (For L2 cert)
1x CTI Pro54 tapered closure (For L2 cert)

And now the patient wait until they come...

Sure beat running around outside with all the craziness! Sadly I could only look at the big rockets and wish, but I found items I needed:
38/54 casing starter kits'
28mm sled
madcow aluminum bulk plates
rocketpoxy

MAC Performance Radial Flyer with 46" booster for my L3! And I grabbed the AMW-ProX $120 gift cert for $100. Should have bought ten of them.

Back