erockets odd description

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking up parts...and ran across this; https://www.erockets.biz/totally-tubular-body-tube-t-4-5-34-1-pk/ does this page look odd?
the price looks about right for that size tube.
Rex

There's a little problem that I spotted...

Product Description

Totally Tubular Body Tube T-4.5" x 34"
Standard Premium Length 34" Tube
Motor tube for the Estes Mini motors
OD 4.546"
ID 4.476"

Thickness 0.035"

Presuming that the ID is 4.476", that would not be the motor tube for Estes Mini Motors. However, I suspect it's just a copy/paste type typo.

Last edited:
trying to find things can be a struggle. it looks like they are out of the 34" bt55, drat have to change the design. though I could find a use for some of that tube.
Rex

I did discover that looking up parts is easier if you use the search box using your tube size as a search term ex. bt-55 will give you not only the tube but, associated parts which makes life easier.
Rex

trying to find things can be a struggle. it looks like they are out of the 34" bt55, drat have to change the design. though I could find a use for some of that tube.
Rex

Why not try Balsa Machining Service they carry the full range of Estes size airframes in 34" lengths and even heavy wall versions of some, and have great service too! https://www.balsamachining.com/#

Rex

I put in an order for some BT55-34 a few days ago and used up the supply. Got a note from Randy that I exhausted it with the order and he asked if it was OK to substitute 30" for the remainder.. No big deal to me as I was just stocking up and wasn't messing with a particular design. Hopefully he will have them back in stock soon.

so, you're the one! might have to have a friend stop by with a pool noodle...:). no big, design is still mainly in the 'mind sim' stage and looks like I will need a payload/ballast section, ring fin rockets tend to be tail heavy. just placed the order for the parts to build the ring master (including the t-4.5").
Rex

if that is mini motor size, then what do they consider a standard size motor? :)
Rex

Sorry, I was confirming the diameter. Yeah, the mini-motor mention is a mistake, however it got there.

Now I think I figured out why you overlooked it... When I copied it and pasted it, I didn't paste it as text only, then bold the error, I just "dropped in place, as is". So, when you looked at it, you saw the bolded text, and missed the part I was trying to point out.

FWIW, I exchanged some emails with Randy. It seems he's moving away from 34" lengths for many tubes, with a few exceptions. As I understood it, he'll be offering the 18" sizes but not the 30" or 34" once he runs out of longer stock. Those of us with a preference for long tubes will probably need to head over to BMS.

By the way, on my recent order he has been very responsive even over the holiday weekend. It's a pleasure doing business with a guy that checks his email often even on the weekend. Way to go, Randy!

Marc

Nice thing about longer tubes is less waste when doing multiple cuts, like parts for several short rockets which you might only get one tube from a 18" piece but i can get 3 pieces 10" long, of course storing longer tubes can be a pain.

Back