QCRS 2016 Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What day would you like to run it?

You will need to pick up the equipment trailer(s) from storage and set up the range. Tear down after the launch and return trailers back to storage.

We are holding off on ANY lunches until the container situation is finalized.

Please be patient with this everyone. I am not being "pushy" with the landowners. When they give me the green light that the pad is ours to set the container, we will get the ball rolling. Until then. Hurry up and wait.

That would be a nice arrangement to have onsite storage of equipment. One thing to keep in mind is unless the storage
is climate controlled, it might be a good idea to store stuff like wireless launch components and Rf P.A. system stuff
where they are not subjected to temperature and humidity extremes.

Kurt

That would be a nice arrangement to have onsite storage of equipment. One thing to keep in mind is unless the storage
is climate controlled, it might be a good idea to store stuff like wireless launch components and Rf P.A. system stuff
where they are not subjected to temperature and humidity extremes.

Kurt

Is this your official application to be the clubs quartermaster? If so, the job is open.

We have NEVER had the equipment in a climate controlled storage. That's the stuff dreams are made of. The launch equipment is pretty tough. As long as it doesn't sit in the rain, it has been fine for over a decade of unconditioned storage.

Is this your official application to be the clubs quartermaster? If so, the job is open.

We have NEVER had the equipment in a climate controlled storage. That's the stuff dreams are made of. The launch equipment is pretty tough. As long as it doesn't sit in the rain, it has been fine for over a decade of unconditioned storage.

I live too far away. Sure the launch stuff can be pretty tough along with batteries and such but some of the Rf
hardware might not tolerate extremes as well. Just a thought. If you're getting away with it that's good.
The concept on onsite storage is great because it doesn't have to put the onus on any one person to be available.
Just have trusted individuals who can deal with a smaller launch.

I've only been to one non-MWP QCRS launch and it certainly didn't look like all the launch hardware was needed or used. No PA system nor do I think an Rf launch system was needed. Those are the two systems that might not be able to handle environmental shifts as well. All the wired stuff and pad hardware can take it.

I think it's great that there is some upcoming facility on the horizon to store equipment onsite mind you. Kurt

Last edited:
We are holding off on ANY lunches until the container situation is finalized.

Thanks for the update Jason. If there's anything we can help with, let us know.

i was thinking about doing a launch with just a few rails + equipment that I could fit in my CR-V. However, I don't want to do anything that would upset the landowners!

If you want to host a small equipment launch, I will call in the waiver and join you. Call me with your thoughts.

Well, y'all... It was a great year at QCRS! Got my L3 back at MMWP. Launched some great stuff over 10k this year. Best MWP weather possible. Looking forward to next season! See you at the field!

Jason- sorry I haven't called- my work schedule for Jan and Feb has become more in flux over the past two weeks :(. Hopefully it'll settle down soon!

Back