QCRS 2016 Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The memberships are transferrable- so you can join TRA as a L1- you just need to show them your NAR card to prove you have an L1 certification already.

or are you just looking for an excuse to fly more rockets? :)

Oh you know I don't need any excuse for that! Just trying to plan (way) ahead on motor / rocket mixes. Erik gave me the idea to fly my Demon Sport on an I243 and then play the fun game of find the rocket. Just want to know if I can take the test before that or after when I am covered in mud.

The March 19 launch will be my first with QCRS, and I'm pretty excited. I hope to get my Level 2 that day.

Does anybody know whether a 1515 rail will be available on March 19?

Also, will the Wildman be set up for on-site purchases? I think he had to miss the February launch.

Thanks for your replies. I'm looking forward to launching with a great group.

I'm planning on launching with QCRS this Saturday and going for my NAR Level 2. In order to get my Level 2, I'll need either (a) two current NAR Level 2s or (b) one current NAR Level 3 willing to administer the test, witness my flight and complete the paperwork. I already have the test in a sealed envelope (I've studied for it, and if I don't pass my wife will mock me ruthlessly).

Do you think there will be someone at the launch who can help me with this?

This will be my first launch with QCRS, and I'm really looking forward to being with a great group.

Thanks for your replies.

I'm planning on launching with QCRS this Saturday and going for my NAR Level 2. In order to get my Level 2, I'll need either (a) two current NAR Level 2s or (b) one current NAR Level 3 willing to administer the test, witness my flight and complete the paperwork. I already have the test in a sealed envelope (I've studied for it, and if I don't pass my wife will mock me ruthlessly).

This will be my first launch with QCRS, and I'm really looking forward to being with a great group.

Thanks for your replies.

Good luck Saturday!
I'm going to try to make it to the launch. Look forward to seeing your flight.

Dwatkins may be able to help you. Send him a PM. I'm not sure if anyone else that is NAR level 3 will be there.

Thanks for your replies.

Hope you all have good weather and good flights! Regrettably, I wont be able to able to attend.

That's *Guy Code* for- "She found my stash from my last TRF Yard Sale...yum sale and, we're going furniture shopping this weekend." :jaw:

I went out for a very short time and flew the interceptor 54 on a g motor then high tailed back home .
Thank you Brent for the recovery

That sounds rather.......... MILD ........ I know, I'm a smart @$$....
Good to hear you're out and moving around more. Wish I could have been there. My Interceptor 98 is loaded and ready for next month.

Adrian

April 30th? Too far away... L640 on a Demon 98... Maybe K1200 on a 3" Punisher, too...

I've got a custom 5 fin Wildman Gizmo XL-DD that I'll be using for my L3 attempt at Mini-MWP... After a conversation with Jason, I've decided that an M is the way to go (instead of an N). I need about 1600+ average Newtons, but I can't decide on a flavor of motor to use. Which propellant should I choose?? Looking to pick a great 98-4 grain M... Any suggestions?

If you are going 4 grain 98, there is no better than the M3400 if CTI. If Aerotech, M1939 is the way to go.

If it were up to me, I'd go for vmax all the way- M6400 :) But since it's not up to me, I'd echo Jason's request for the M3400.

It's too bad they don't make the C-star in that size (yet).

I've got a custom 5 fin Wildman Gizmo XL-DD that I'll be using for my L3 attempt at Mini-MWP... After a conversation with Jason, I've decided that an M is the way to go (instead of an N). I need about 1600+ average Newtons, but I can't decide on a flavor of motor to use. Which propellant should I choose?? Looking to pick a great 98-4 grain M... Any suggestions?

Do what the Gus would do- Throw "The Swedish Rules down".

M-1790 Skidmark, maybe a little less power but, more dramatic! :eek:

View attachment 287779

"i like when it hurts...let it BURN!"

If it were up to me, I'd go for vmax all the way- M6400 :) But since it's not up to me, I'd echo Jason's request for the M3400.

It's too bad they don't make the C-star in that size (yet).

They did make a C-Star in a 4 grain as a "one time special" for the gizmo-Xl drag race. I was fortunate enough to fly it. Talking to Jeroen later that weekend, he said its so close to the M3400 that it wouldn't make much sense to produce. The performance of that motor was near identical to the M3400, as I have flown them both.

Back