QCRS 2016 Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the N once certified. I would take a conservative stance, do what you need to do to get it up there and recover within the waiver. If this was out west and you could have it drift a few miles (yeah, I know it's DD) no issues but I'd contend
you'd be better off getting it up there in sight and down within sight with a tracker just along for the ride for insurance purposes. Best of luck. Kurt

Hope you all have good weather and good flights! Regrettably, I wont be able to able to attend.

Neither will i regretfully- I work Saturdays...:rant:

but, i am prepping for Mini Midwest Power! ;) I'm thinking my Extreme Wildman Rocket on an L-1060 GREEN SNOT *snork*:yawn: PHUTTTT! :tongue:

Neither will i regretfully- I work Saturdays...:rant:

but, i am prepping for Mini Midwest Power! ;) I'm thinking my Extreme Wildman Rocket on an L-1060 GREEN SNOT *snork*:yawn: PHUTTTT! :tongue:

My plan for mini-MWP is:
1) Gizmo, L3 attempt (motor TBD)
2) Demon 98 on L640 DT
And assorted other fun Sport stuff, maybe a small drag race or two.

I may have to make mini MWP. Leave the rocket wagon at home and relax and just fly some rockets

Does anyone know if Tim Lehr will be having his famous steak cookout ( and big ass bonfire) at his place at Mini MWP on May 14th this year?
Usually I get a notice by now to RSVP for this, haven't received anything so far.:confused2:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Tim Lehr will be having his famous steak cookout ( and big ass bonfire) at his place at Mini MWP on May 14th this year?
Usually I get a notice by now to RSVP for this, haven't received anything so far.:confused2:

In the middle of ironing out the details now. It won't require an RSVP this year, but we still hope to have a party. With Tim's healing shoulder, we might all need to "chip in" a bit of the manual labor portion of the party. I think everyone would be willing to do so if needed. Stay tuned for an update and an announcement.

In the middle of ironing out the details now. It won't require an RSVP this year, but we still hope to have a party. With Tim's healing shoulder, we might all need to "chip in" a bit of the manual labor portion of the party. I think everyone would be willing to do so if needed. Stay tuned for an update and an announcement.

I'll bring a big bag of Pork Rinds and, some of my famous EXLAX BROWNIES! :lol:

What? No ones flying anything? L:cyclops::cyclops:KS like the pads are open again...NO WAITING! :no:

I'll bring my sense of humor :p, a small rocket :D and, some "Tijuana Pyrotechnics" for the Saturday night debauchary...Remember that year when we set Claude on fire? :facepalm:

Seriously though, it will be great too see everyone again and, bringing some extra food to chip in is well within reason considering all that Tim and, the club have done for us over the years...

resurrecting 20 yr old rocket, hope to fly
this weekend, if Tom remembers to pick me up :)

john

Weather looks pretty crummy for this weekend- hope it improves! Otherwise I'm staying home to work on rockets.

resurrecting 20 yr old rocket, hope to fly
this weekend, if Tom remembers to pick me up :)

john
I haven't forgotten......
The kids from S&T want to come and get some cert flights in as well.
I'm praying the weather cooperates. Chelsea graduates on the 14th so MMP is doubtful.

To all planning on attending the April 30 launch,

I will be making the "go/no go" call Friday night. I will post here the answer and also reply to about 10 different email inquiries. If the launch is scrubbed, it will have a rain date of May 14th and 15th. Hope to see you all on Saturday.

To all planning on attending the April 30 launch,

I will be making the "go/no go" call Friday night. I will post here the answer and also reply to about 10 different email inquiries. If the launch is scrubbed, it will have a rain date of May 14th and 15th. Hope to see you all on Saturday.

So.... Just a party at Tim's Saturday. Who's bringing the hootch? :headbang: :headbang: :horse:

Adrian

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1461934701.922255.jpg

If this forecast does not change, there will be no April launch.

Sorry to have to report this. The April lunch has officially been cancelled due to poor weather conditions. Hope to see you all in 2 weeks for the 2 day Mini Midwest Power launch.

Sorry to have to report this. The April lunch has officially been cancelled due to poor weather conditions. Hope to see you all in 2 weeks for the 2 day Mini Midwest Power launch.

Well, poop! Oh well. Maybe I'll get the Marsa installed in my LMTV rocket for May now...

Adrian

2 weeks!! I'm excited

:lol: MY Evil plan worked! Just to seal the deal, I washed my pickup on the way home from work yesterday AND, mowed my yard!

Double Voodoo...:rolleyes:

Why? So I could guarantee a better turn out for Mini Midwest Power-I hate working Saturdays but, it pays the bills...

I just miss frolicking in the fields and, playing with flame!:D
Loooo... To the beautiful *Sparkie* flame! Looooooooooo....:eek:

I am now sacrificing a Chicken to the blessed Gods of Earth, Wind and, Fire for clear skies in two weeks...View attachment 289732

That's right BLAME ME! :lol:

I already have Thursday and Friday off for MWP. Hoping to do my L3, and also fly my wildman vindicator Jr. 2 stager on a K-J combo.

Looks like MWP was the end of QCRS 2016... Post pics here to beat the winter blues!

Back