QCRS 2016 Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
The QCRS 2016 Season has been announced.
Check out the website at https://qcrs.us/
Launch Site directions can be found here.
Check back often for updates, pics, and videos... See you in the field.

Launch dates are:
December 5th, 2015
January 16th, 2016
February 20th
March 19th
April 30th
May TBD
June TBD
***Break for Crops***
Midwest Power 14 TBD
November - No Launch
December TBD

I'll try to make it for all the launches- QCRS is a great flying field!

Weather looks good for Saturday...
Testing the Jolly Logic Chute Release on Saturday... If all goes well, I'll fly a bunch of tests...
Also, maiden flight of the Demon 98, maybe a K740 C*
Definitely my red and black Shredder Jr.
Anyone else?

I'm mixing for this launch as we speak.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1448862375.307113.jpg

6800 Ns M2800 flying in my Ultimate Darkstar, should do 8k'.

Time to buy some snap ring pliers... And lots of baby wipes... And muddin' boots...
Dammit... TIM, I need some things...

LOL!! Of all the things Tim sells.....he ain't got nuthin from THAT list!

Jason is right over 3000 different things in stock and none of them are on that list

Okay then.... Time for a run to Farm and Fleet? Anyone need some camo trucker hats? ;-) wait, didn't Adrian, like, live at the Farm and Fleet?

Okay then.... Time for a run to Farm and Fleet? Anyone need some camo trucker hats? ;-) wait, didn't Adrian, like, live at the Farm and Fleet?

I just had an Agri-Fab 130 lb. pull behind spreader shipped to my house from Farm & Fleet...

Nope, just visit from time to time. I usually leave there having spent a lot less money than I do at Tim's...

Adrian

The Season's Upon Us!

Capture.JPG

[video=youtube;qTx-sdR6Yzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTx-sdR6Yzk[/video]

Demon is prepped with a K740, Shredder Jr. Is prepped for two flights. Reactor is prepped with E18.
... Perhaps I'll bring the Punisher along as well? Mayhap the Batray? So many choices!
It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

How long was that there until Emily asked when it was going away? ;)

Not long at all... :lol: She then promptly asked if the bottom of the rocket was dirty. I said no of course not, but it does have some grease on it hence why it rests on paper towels.

I don't think she is the biggest fan of me using the living room as a staging area for rocket launches or gun trips, but it is what it is... :grin:

Not long at all... :lol: She then promptly asked if the bottom of the rocket was dirty. I said no of course not, but it does have some grease on it hence why it rests on paper towels.

I don't think she is the biggest fan of me using the living room as a staging area for rocket launches or gun trips, but it is what it is... :grin:

Funny. My wife has commandeered some of my rocket workshop space for her guns and crossbow (hunting and target competition) and I'm not a big fan of that. To be fair though, my "operations" have spilled over into the basement so I can't be too vocal with my complaints.

If I can get the day off, I'll be there with a tote full of EX motors to burn! Plenty to share, without kaboomies!!

Demon is prepped with a K740, Shredder Jr. Is prepped for two flights. Reactor is prepped with E18.
... Perhaps I'll bring the Punisher along as well? Mayhap the Batray? So many choices!
It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

Manny is coming out to drink beer and blow up rockets; and he's all out of beer :)

"We the unloved..."
We the unloved. :sigh:

"Who work Monday thru Saturday..."
Till the day we retire. :sigh:
or- The day we expire...:sigh:

"Wish all our friends a happy day of flying..."
BULL$#&%! :rant:

"I wish you a pleasant day..."
Of vicious Earth, Wind and, FIRE! :rant:

Just kidding...;)

I wish you all a happy day of flying with calm winds, soft ground and, lots of camaraderie (aka BULL$#&% sessions...:rolleyes:) all day long!

See you guys at Mini Midwest Power 2016. :sigh:

and, i WANT pictures, videos and, such afterwards...too see what i missed.:point:

Last edited:
"We the unloved..."
We the unloved. :sigh:

"Who work Monday thru Saturday..."
Till the day we retire. :sigh:
or- The day we expire...:sigh:

"Wish all our friends a happy day of flying..."
BULL$#&%! :rant:

"I wish you a pleasant day..."
Of vicious Earth, Wind and, FIRE! :rant:

Just kidding...;)

I wish you all a happy day of flying with calm winds, soft ground and, lots of camaraderie (aka BULL$#&% sessions...:rolleyes:) all day long!

See you guys at Mini Midwest Power 2016. :sigh:

and, i WANT pictures, videos and, such afterwards...too see what i missed.:point:

I'll be thinking of you, dear Gus-a-rooni... Tell you what... I'll have a breakfast of Twinkies in your honor. And a Monster to drink. And beef jerky for lunch. Actually that's kind of my standard fare anyway, but I'll do it while thinking of you.
Prep is done. Should be good turnaround time, barring unforeseen issues. Chute release is already packed in the Shredder. Just have to remember to turn it on... LoL.
See you all in the morning!

1449272856381.jpg

Chute release is already packed in the Shredder. Just have to remember to turn it on... LoL.
See you all in the morning!

I'll be watching with keen interest how that Jolly Logic thingy fares...I might have some Black Rock projects for 2016 that might benefit from its use.

Please keep me posted.

NOW go PUNISH that little thing!;)

Latest posts

Back