29mm AT Forward Closure Delay Depth

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiley

Reaction score
For those of you that have 29mm high power Aerotech hardware, how deep is the recess for the delay in the forward closure? I haven't been able to find any drawings of the closure itself, but I know from some of AT's assembly drawings that it looks to be just over 5/8" deep. Thanks!

Wiley

The 29/40-120 measures at .8 inches. From the drawings on the other 29mm sizes I estimate around .714 inches or a little over 5/8" as you said.

Steve G

Last edited:
I'm looking at designing a closure for snap-ring 29mm hardware, so now that I think about it, that dimension isn't all that critical. Of more importance is the tubing material that the 29mm RDK-PLUS delays are cast in. Are they paper or plastic? The last delay kit I bought had the delay composition cast into paper tubes, but I can't recall if those were "-PLUS" delays.

Tony, that's what I was going to go after, but the shipping is atrocious. $50 for a few sticks of delay element is a bit much.

If you have an on site Aerotech vendor..maybe he can get some thrown into his next Aerotech order?

Tony

Can you just buy the Reload Delay Kits instead? They can ship USPS Parcel Post.

Those are what I'm interested in. Do you know if the delay material for 29mm high power motors is cast into a paper or plastic tube?

Yeah, they're cast into a thin clear wall plastic tube, at least they are in the CRDK's. Kind of hard to make it out, but take a look here

crdk_bt__15137.1435943187.1280.1280.jpg

I've never seen an Aerotech delay grain that was in anything except the thin plastic tube. AT uses a paper delay liner in both the Hobbyline and HPR.

Well, if that's the case, I should be good to go. Thanks guys!

Back