Cz's Wildman Demon 98 Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA... I wish... I've always wanted to see an uninterrupted build thread on TRF... Using CJ's builds are great, but it's such a pain to find all the steps through all the joking around. I figured not too many people would be on TRF at 9:30 on Turkey Day... Glad you're following it, though.

It's doable...

Build the rocket, photographing as you go. Upload the images to Flickr to save time later. You can also do the write up in a text editor ahead of time to speed things up a little.

Give your build thread a dull name, then post as many "dummy" replies as you'll need as fast as you can (you'll need to change the text some between replies). After all the dummy replies are done, go and fill in the information with the images and change the name of the thread to your real thread's name (under "Go Advanced").

I heard the Demon 98 will fly for the first time this weekend at QCRS. The Demon sport too, if I can convince my wife to bring it and fly.

I ordered a Punisher 98.

But then Tim mentioned that he hadn't sold a Demon 98 yet (Black Saturday, early morning specific). I felt bad, so ordered the Demon instead.:). Will build it sometime in the next month-to-8 year span.

...and a Onebadhawk harness set for it too. Though I'm old fashioned and slow to catch on:cyclops:, I'm looking forward to finally trying out one of Teddy's fine products!

-Eric-

I think Tim is a sly salesman as I ordered mine within 5 minutes of the sale starting.

I think Tim is a sly salesman as I ordered mine within 5 minutes of the sale starting.

I found it a bit hard to believe as well. Nonetheless, my criteria for this purchase was listed as "something fun" on my pre-Black weekend anticipatory list....so either one fit the bill:).

-Eric-

I heard the Demon 98 will fly for the first time this weekend at QCRS. The Demon sport too, if I can convince my wife to bring it and fly.

Convince her? Just bring it.....
Is that a Demon in your pocket???

I ordered a Punisher 98.

But then Tim mentioned that he hadn't sold a Demon 98 yet (Black Saturday, early morning specific). I felt bad, so ordered the Demon instead.:). Will build it sometime in the next month-to-8 year span.

...and a Onebadhawk harness set for it too. Though I'm old fashioned and slow to catch on:cyclops:, I'm looking forward to finally trying out one of Teddy's fine products!

-Eric-

hahahahahaha....
Oh man,, me too Eric...
That sounds exactly like me...
When I hear how quickly some folks get a rocket built I am amazed....lol...

And I sure am glad your trying out one of my harnesses....
Thanks man.....

Teddy

I ordered a Punisher 98.

-Eric-

I bought one. I'll get mine built sometime before or after Eric gets his done :facepalm:

Hey Eric that sounds like my build schedule... :cool:

Adrian

That must have been off the website , I wasn't watching those.
Thank You by the way you are going to love these, we have all of the receipts rung in and are in the process of combining multiple orders to start shipping.
Out in the shop I am kitting up stuff so as soon as Jackie has the combined orders done we can stat sending them out.

First flight of the Demon 98 went to 9,228ft on a CTI K740 C*.
Gorgeous flight.

Nice CZ! Hope you can post pics or video - very nice build thread too

I'll get my "dumb rocket" pic up asap, and Justin was there filming, so video will be up as soon as he processes it.

I'll get my "dumb rocket" pic up asap, and Justin was there filming, so video will be up as soon as he processes it.

Cool. Love the K740. I trusted someone else with the stills last time I flew one. Only have slow-mo video as a result.

Hey I recognize that barn.

Feeling a bit unsure whether or not the grains that I made a few weeks ago for this project would be safe to fly, last weekend I decided to make a 75/6000 load of this formula and test fly it this weekend in my Ultimate Darkstar. Here is a video of the flight:

[YOUTUBE]xsJ6TsRZkRc[/YOUTUBE]

s6

OpenRocket is easy... But there will be a Rocksim file available on Tim's website tomorrow. I just don't have Rocksim...

Was there a Rocksim file ever released? I don't see it on the Wildman site...

Note: well, I'm getting pretty close on size and weight without opening my box (sitting in hotel room)...

Scaling.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I didn't need any new kits, but after posting this rocket on the URRF raffle prize list and staring at it... I need one! Hopefully I can bring one home from URRF!

I thought I didn't need any new kits, but after posting this rocket on the URRF raffle prize list and staring at it... I need one! Hopefully I can bring one home from URRF!

You won't regret it. I've got an L640 waiting for the Demon. Did fantastic on a K2045, too.

Mine just came in the mail yesterday. Started it about ten minutes later. I'll start attaching the fins either tonight or tomorrow morning. That red FG doesn't look like much when it's dry, but when I washed it, it's beautiful. Awesome rocket.

Mine just came in the mail yesterday. Started it about ten minutes later. I'll start attaching the fins either tonight or tomorrow morning. That red FG doesn't look like much when it's dry, but when I washed it, it's beautiful. Awesome rocket.

Woohoo! Go Ryan, go! I'm sure she'll be fantastic!:)

I ordered a Punisher 98.

-Eric-

Well, my build timeline is a tad bit shorter. Finished up internal fillets this morning. Tonight I'll epoxy the CR, and over the weekend I'll attach the BT and do external fillets. I ordered two One Bad Hawk harnesses last night. My first time trying out Teddy's products, but I'm sure I'll love them. I should have this beauty finished by Tuesday.

Well, my build timeline is a tad bit shorter. Finished up internal fillets this morning. Tonight I'll epoxy the CR, and over the weekend I'll attach the BT and do external fillets. I ordered two One Bad Hawk harnesses last night. My first time trying out Teddy's products, but I'm sure I'll love them. I should have this beauty finished by Tuesday.

I've got nylon in mine, but also now have some OBH harnesses from my L3 that I won't be using very often, so.... yep, they're going in the Demon.

I ordered a 25' nylon for the drogue and a 25' Kevlar for the main. Both have the third loop. Just a few last things I need to order before flight. A 3D printed sled for my RRC3 being one. I absolutely can't wait to see this thing go up on a big Sparky

Teddy puts out some great straps. I like using nylon straps. What I do is make up a shock cord protector bag. Almost all the nylon shock cord is in a bag and slid into the airframe. It really keeps the cord protected and clean.

Back