Rocketry Warehouse Big Black Friday Sale Anouncement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So basically once you call your order ships?

he picked up on the 2nd ring, I said hi, I'm calling to check on the status of my BF order. he said "sure, what's your order number". I read it off and he said "I literally just cut your orange coupler 5 minutes ago and put it in the box. it will ship today." then in about 5 minutes I had a tracking number. If I waited 5 more minutes I wouldn't have called...

I called today and got a quick and polite answer, he made a minor change to a orange nose for one of the Mongoose 75s and promised to ship tomorrow. I will post if I get tracking info .

I wish Floyd well. I hope he recovers and Curtis can get back to his regular routine. I really like the Rocketry Warehouse products. Sorry to see this happen. I understand the frustration people feel. I've been there myself.

I called today and got a quick and polite answer, he made a minor change to a orange nose for one of the Mongoose 75s and promised to ship tomorrow. I will post if I get tracking info .

All four orders have changed to shipped, my wildly unsupervised Fridays (wife's term ) are about to get busy.

I called RW today. Curtis was great to deal with. Mine is going out within a day or two and made an adjustment on the shipping for me. Called around 10am. Eastern.

Mine arrived today, too. Nice product. Worth waiting for, just wish that there were more communications. Maybe I'll try again again this spring.

I had been fairly vocal about this issue, so time to be "vocally positive"...

I called the main RW number at 8:30 AM PST Friday morning and Curtis picked right up. My order will be on its way to me on Monday! Apparently they tried to charge my credit card last week, but couldn't due to some issue. (Fraud alert I think.) So I gave him a different card which he processed while we were still on the phone, it went through fine and he said my order is boxed up and ready to go. Woo hoo!

We chatted for a bit and Floyd was indeed very sick for about a month – starting right after Black Friday and lasting through Christmas. Talk about bad timing, eh? So Curtis had been juggling 2 businesses at once (Rocketry Warehouse plus ProLine Composites – his company) and you can imagine what that must be like! He said it was one hell of a couple months filling over 700 orders by himself. (Plus he was also recently out of town for a bit, as some of you had suspected.) Thankfully, he did say that the end is very close by and he fully expects to be through the backlog by the end of this weekend. He was very apologetic about the whole situation.

I got my receipt and shipping notice at 11:30 AM PST yesterday. So there you go!

Rocketry Warehouse has always delivered to me. Both 'regular' order and Black Friday orders. No reservations here.

Hmmmmm.

I got my order today. I guess I should add the relevant details to this thread. Let folks make of it what they will.

First off, yes I'm obviously one of the ones that's been waiting a long time. As I've noted before, my only real build window is December into mid-February, so it has been super frustrating waiting all this time. I've lost the main chunk of time I had to build. This is NOT RW's fault, and I knew the possibility when I placed the order. Still, it's been frustrating for me - it is what it is. My order was simple - just two DYOK deals, some epoxy, and one extra length of 38mm coupler - I had hoped (wrongfully it turns out) that my order would be easy and filled very early in the process, but it wasn't meant to be.

I did call RW last week, got Curtis right away after just a couple rings. He was pleasant and professional. I inquired about the status of my order. He told me that it was "all set to go" but he was still waiting on that stick of 38mm coupler. I thought it odd that he was waiting for it to come from "the supplier", as I thought he WAS the supplier. Whatever, not a big deal. He said, "hold on a moment, let me check" and sure enough he found it there. How long had it actually been there? who's to say? So, he told me that the order could now ship and that it would go out later that day, or perhaps the following day. Great! Now, a number of folks have noted that a lot of orders just happen to ship right away for those folks that call, but I'm not going to second guess Curtis here. I'll take him at his word, and thank him for getting the order moving. Sure enough the email notice came later that day with a tracking number. Sweet!

Oh, actually one other cool bit. I had asked a long time ago if RW had any 24mm FWFG tubing, as I needed a small length for a motor mount. They did not have any at that time. However, I asked Curtis again since I had him on the phone. He replied that he indeed did have some now. I asked if he could add a piece for me in this order, and bill me the difference. He said "no problem", and also asked if I needed some CRs for it. I did, had forgotten to ask for them, and thanked him for reminding me. So, I had him include two of them as well, asked if he still had my billing info to which he replied "yes". Nice - I needed this one small thing and this helped a lot. I have NOT been billed for the added pieces (yet?) - perhaps Curtis decided to gift them? If so, that's pretty cool. If not and the charge is yet to come, that's fine of course.

So, today the order arrived. I'm very psyched (though will likely not have enough time to build the project I had in mind any more - it's now going to take a few months). Opened the box, and everything looks great. VERY will packed, and the parts are (as is usual for RW) great quality. Ends are cut square, CRs and bulkheads fit well, couplers fit very smooth into airframes, etc. The nose cones are especially nice. Excellent stuff. All the parts are accounted for. And the deal was a good one (especially the shipping!). Quite honestly I was a bit giddy fondling "my goodies". But...........then I realized something - all the parts were standard wall thickness. I had specifically requested thinwall. I went back and checked my original order (both the email notice and the order online in my RW account). Sure enough, I HAD ordered thinwall. But that's not what I got. Pretty big bummer. The main project I had in mind for these bits was a scratch-built two stage, that was 54mmAF/29mmMM to 38mmAF/24mmMM. Given the motor sizes, it's pretty important that this is as light as I can build it, and the reason why I specifically ordered thinwall. Standard thickness will work, but it's not ideal, and not what I ordered.

Given the timing, the wait, and the "situation" I guess I'll just keep it and build heavier than I want to. I really don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it all back and starting over. Dang it. That initial high of getting my order sure got knocked down by this, and honestly I'm feeling pretty bummed.

I'll order from RW again in the future I'm sure. None of this is end-of-the-world stuff, and I don't believe that they are bad folks. I realize that Floyd has been sick (and I do hope he recovers well/soon), and that Curtis has been in a nightmare situation. Their products are absolutely top rate, I LOVE the shipping deal; they're a good company. I've built a lot of great rockets with RW bits, and I'm sure I will again. The stuff I got today, while not exactly what I wanted, is very good stuff that I got a great deal on. I've had fine dealings with RW in the past (mostly). I guess I got unlucky this time around - the Black Friday deal for me this time has been "less than ideal".

sigh,
s6

All four orders arrived today in one box and in perfect condition. Three more mongooses in North Texas.

Hmmmmm.

I got my order today. I guess I should add the relevant details to this thread. Let folks make of it what they will.

First off, yes I'm obviously one of the ones that's been waiting a long time. As I've noted before, my only real build window is December into mid-February, so it has been super frustrating waiting all this time. I've lost the main chunk of time I had to build. This is NOT RW's fault, and I knew the possibility when I placed the order. Still, it's been frustrating for me - it is what it is. My order was simple - just two DYOK deals, some epoxy, and one extra length of 38mm coupler - I had hoped (wrongfully it turns out) that my order would be easy and filled very early in the process, but it wasn't meant to be.

I did call RW last week, got Curtis right away after just a couple rings. He was pleasant and professional. I inquired about the status of my order. He told me that it was "all set to go" but he was still waiting on that stick of 38mm coupler. I thought it odd that he was waiting for it to come from "the supplier", as I thought he WAS the supplier. Whatever, not a big deal. He said, "hold on a moment, let me check" and sure enough he found it there. How long had it actually been there? who's to say? So, he told me that the order could now ship and that it would go out later that day, or perhaps the following day. Great! Now, a number of folks have noted that a lot of orders just happen to ship right away for those folks that call, but I'm not going to second guess Curtis here. I'll take him at his word, and thank him for getting the order moving. Sure enough the email notice came later that day with a tracking number. Sweet!

Oh, actually one other cool bit. I had asked a long time ago if RW had any 24mm FWFG tubing, as I needed a small length for a motor mount. They did not have any at that time. However, I asked Curtis again since I had him on the phone. He replied that he indeed did have some now. I asked if he could add a piece for me in this order, and bill me the difference. He said "no problem", and also asked if I needed some CRs for it. I did, had forgotten to ask for them, and thanked him for reminding me. So, I had him include two of them as well, asked if he still had my billing info to which he replied "yes". Nice - I needed this one small thing and this helped a lot. I have NOT been billed for the added pieces (yet?) - perhaps Curtis decided to gift them? If so, that's pretty cool. If not and the charge is yet to come, that's fine of course.

So, today the order arrived. I'm very psyched (though will likely not have enough time to build the project I had in mind any more - it's now going to take a few months). Opened the box, and everything looks great. VERY will packed, and the parts are (as is usual for RW) great quality. Ends are cut square, CRs and bulkheads fit well, couplers fit very smooth into airframes, etc. The nose cones are especially nice. Excellent stuff. All the parts are accounted for. And the deal was a good one (especially the shipping!). Quite honestly I was a bit giddy fondling "my goodies". But...........then I realized something - all the parts were standard wall thickness. I had specifically requested thinwall. I went back and checked my original order (both the email notice and the order online in my RW account). Sure enough, I HAD ordered thinwall. But that's not what I got. Pretty big bummer. The main project I had in mind for these bits was a scratch-built two stage, that was 54mmAF/29mmMM to 38mmAF/24mmMM. Given the motor sizes, it's pretty important that this is as light as I can build it, and the reason why I specifically ordered thinwall. Standard thickness will work, but it's not ideal, and not what I ordered.

Given the timing, the wait, and the "situation" I guess I'll just keep it and build heavier than I want to. I really don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it all back and starting over. Dang it. That initial high of getting my order sure got knocked down by this, and honestly I'm feeling pretty bummed.

I'll order from RW again in the future I'm sure. None of this is end-of-the-world stuff, and I don't believe that they are bad folks. I realize that Floyd has been sick (and I do hope he recovers well/soon), and that Curtis has been in a nightmare situation. Their products are absolutely top rate, I LOVE the shipping deal; they're a good company. I've built a lot of great rockets with RW bits, and I'm sure I will again. The stuff I got today, while not exactly what I wanted, is very good stuff that I got a great deal on. I've had fine dealings with RW in the past (mostly). I guess I got unlucky this time around - the Black Friday deal for me this time has been "less than ideal".

sigh,
s6

Call 'em and talk to them about it. You deserve what you paid for.

I agree with Mike, call em back. Get what you want. Ive "settled" for something I didn't order before (not from RW) just because I was tired of waiting.
Don't be a settler. Don't except second best!

I agree with Mike, call em back. Get what you want. Ive "settled" for something I didn't order before (not from RW) just because I was tired of waiting.
Don't be a settler. Don't except second best!

[video=youtube;ASyhJ0lRIU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASyhJ0lRIU0[/video]

All four orders arrived today in one box and in perfect condition. Three more mongooses in North Texas.

Very cool man. Bring the carbon stuff to the next meeting if you can. Would love to take a closer look.

Wow, surprising email notification today that my black friday order has shipped.

I've only ordered from RW a couple of times and it was the same story both times: my order sat at "awaiting cc processing" for weeks, I sent them emails which nobody responded to, and eventually (after multiple attempts) I got ahold of someone who was able to fix it. The first time was before BF, took a while to resolve and I received the order as promised. The second time was the BF order; I had realistic expectations about long ship times, but with no status change or charge to my card and no replies to multiple requests for info I assumed it to be stuck in limbo. This time I decided not to chase it down any further, since really I spent enough on rocket crap in November and one more kit with some odds and ends wasn't essential. After two months of nothing I guess they found my order wedged behind a filing cabinet and processed it. Looking forward to receiving my stuff. :)

FWIW - I checked the website acct info this morning and the smaller of my two BF orders was marked as shipped.

I called the RW number on the website last friday and after a Magic Jack answering machine message, I left a message; however there was no call back. I just called again and got the same magic jack message. Is there another number to call? I recalled reading that some waited 2 minutes (or longer) for the call to pick up; however the answering system picked up my call after a few rings each time.

I still have two orders from 11/27 and 11/28...one was marked "shipped" a week ago, but no shipping info or email notification provided, so I'm not sure if it was shipped.

I received my Jan 19th order on 1/25 (delayed from Saturday due to extreme weather conditions). All items were correct and the package included the 2 missing items from my BF sale purchases...

I received my Jan 19th order on 1/25 (delayed from Saturday due to extreme weather conditions). All items were correct and the package included the 2 missing items from my BF sale purchases...

Alright...I would consider myself very patient and understanding, but this is getting me a bit steamed now. I have been waiting patiently for about 2 months now, so I would hope that they would fill my order (or provide me an update or return my calls) before shipping an order submitted just last week. Basic good business practice as well as basic common courtesy.

I could be a matter of a few common items with each order being out of stock.

Of course, with the log jam apparently cleared up, a little communication should have happened by now.

I have a few things that I would like to order from RW, but I'm not going to until/unless they clear this up. At least when I gamble in Vegas, I get some thrill before my money disappears.

Newer orders getting the same items that older orders are waiting for. Phone calls disconnecting. Phone calls not taking messages. Phone calls with messages not getting returned. Phone calls that get through getting magic instant same day shipping. RW webpage showing orders awaiting processing when CC has been charged for over a month. Taking a month to charge a CC without contact. Taking money and then not shipping for a month or more. SOME orders just working perfectly.

Things happen. Sometimes a LOT of things happen. Seems like they're ALL happening to RW.

I don't see any way anyone can justify the pattern. It has depth and scope, and if you search you'll find that this pattern is YEARS old, especially (but certainly NOT exclusively) around BF/BS sales. Rationalize it away all you want, noting justifies it.

If any other business took your order, took your money, and took YOU doing all the work to ensure you got your product or refund, you'd cry 'foul'. Just because it's one of our hobby vendors does not make it OK, BF/BS sales or no.

I like my RW products that I got, but I'm loathe to spend any more money with them.....for now.

Last edited:
Alright...I would consider myself very patient and understanding, but this is getting me a bit steamed now. I have been waiting patiently for about 2 months now, so I would hope that they would fill my order (or provide me an update or return my calls) before shipping an order submitted just last week. Basic good business practice as well as basic common courtesy.

depends what's available and what's ordered..... one has nothing to do with the other really....

I don't see any way anyone can justify the pattern. It has depth and scope, and if you search you'll find that this pattern is YEARS old, especially (but certainly NOT exclusively) around BF/BS sales. Rationalize it away all you want, noting justifies it.

If any other business took your order, took your money, and took YOU doing all the work to ensure you got your product or refund, you'd cry 'foul'. Just because it's one of our hobby vendors does not make it OK, BF/BS sales or no.

All small hobbies get this...... It's crap, but... we put up with it. Mainly because no one else can provide what they have.... if they could, we wouldn't be sitting around here bitching about it....we'd just order it someplace else. So it goes....

We love those nosecones.... we'll always come back. It's like that hot chick that never calls back or picks up the tab....but she does that thing with her tongue. You always pick up the phone when she calls...

All small hobbies get this...... It's crap, but... we put up with it. Mainly because no one else can provide what they have.... if they could, we wouldn't be sitting around here bitching about it....we'd just order it someplace else. So it goes....

We love those nosecones.... we'll always come back. It's like that hot chick that never calls back or picks up the tab....but she does that thing with her tongue. You always pick up the phone when she calls...

Meh, businesses come and go, products remain when there is sufficient demand and sufficient profit (re:Twinkies). If the environment supports a product/product line, and the sole vendor folds through poor practice, history shows that someone will fill the void. Happens all the time.

After all, RW filled the void for the products that they deal in, didn't it?

I think that there are enough advanced fiberglass rocket vendors now that if someone were to fold due to poor business practice, the void would be filled relatively quickly.

I think that there are enough advanced fiberglass rocket vendors now that if someone were to fold due to poor business practice, the void would be filled relatively quickly.

I've yet to be sold on any other nosecones just yet. And there's what, three? Tim's mystery supply, Curtis, and Hawk? Did I miss anyone?

Back