Rocketry Warehouse Big Black Friday Sale Anouncement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Please call them. Over the past month I've called 5 times - before noon. In each case (twice today) the call was promptly answered. Today I was called back because they noticed an incompatibility in the new order I placed earlier. That call kept me from getting something that would not have worked correctly.

Last edited:
I placed an order after Christmas. They just called about one of the parts. Hopefully they are getting caught up.

JD

I got a shipping notification today for the replacement for my Terminator airframe that arrived cracked. Thanks, RW!

My conversations with Curtis is that RW had close to 700 orders from BF, so this is reason why they are behind. Not to mention that Floyd is ill, which doesn't help any. I have been ordering items from RW for years now and they have always come through on everything for me from the standard products to any custom work that I wanted. They will work with you if you have any issues with their products. Like everyone, I am also waiting for my BF order and I know it will be here soon.
700 orders? Wow! No wonder they're so behind... Still, a little communication would be much appreciated.

Still showing as CC Processing.
Mine too.

Agreed. Please call them. Over the past month I've called 5 times - before noon. In each case (twice today) the call was promptly answered. Today I was called back because they noticed an incompatibility in the new order I placed earlier. That call kept me from getting something that would not have worked correctly.
Was that before 12:00 PM Eastern Time? I am on Pacific Time and have always called in the afternoons with no answer and no returning of my calls - maybe earlier is the ticket.

Does RW have a fax number?? That's about how annoyed I'm getting.

Yes, Eastern time. They are located in PA. Im not sure about a FAX, check their website.
Thanks wighty. The only number listed there is 814-270-2381. I also tried Curtis' number for ProLine Composites which is 814-536-8491 - it rings a few times, and then disconnects.

Something just seems messed up about this whole situation. I may be wrong about this but isn't RW a major supplier of tubes? Post #208 says there was a mistake by the tubing supplier. Dec. 15 "should have most orders shipped in time for Christmas". Seems if there was a problem with the supplier, RW might have mentioned that instead of the "in time for Christmas". Jan 6th, "most orders should be shipped by the end of next week". Jan 9, post #310, "500 orders". I thought it was 700!
And please spare me the "aw shucks, they got over 700 orders be patient"stuff.

I'll be honest. even with all the delays.... I wish I grabbed a goose 75FG. maybe next year.

Has anyone checked up on all these excuses we've been getting? According to Curtis's Facebook page, he's in Co. skiing. I guess that's more important than filling orders.
Am I the only one who's seeing all these discrepancies?

Could someone with magic access please ask them about order #4633 the next time you get someone on the phone? I paid for it over a month ago (according to my bank statement) and still no product and no contact. Everything that I ordered was low hanging fruit.

Would asking for a kit to come with no fin slots take longer (because they have to order a tube with no fin slots) or shorter (because they don't have to cut the slots)?

Could someone with magic access please ask them about order #4633 the next time you get someone on the phone? I paid for it over a month ago (according to my bank statement) and still no product and no contact. Everything that I ordered was low hanging fruit.

I finally got through. Seems the magic solution is to call until you get through, then get shipped that day.

I just talked to Curtis and he said he had just, like 5 minutes ago, cut the custom coupler for the extra 29mm nosecone I had asked for with my order and it would be shipping today. within 5 minutes I had a tracking number. I believe it was already being boxed like he said, he knew exactly what my order was. Sounds like he is making good progress.

Like many people said earlier, with just a line or two of communication on their web site, this entire thread could have been avoided.

He was there yesterday morning and afternoon - I spoke to him 3 times.

Well maybe he shouldn't be posting about his little vacation to Beaver Creek Ski Resort 5 days ago and telling everyone here he's working as hard as ever to get those 500, no wait scratch that, 700 orders out. Has any of you people, who HAVE spoken to him, asked him what the hold up was/is? I wonder if you would all have the same answer. And correct me if I'm wrong, he IS the tubing manufacturer, RIGHT?

Like many people said earlier, with just a line or two of communication on their web site, this entire thread could have been avoided.
After all the discrepancies I brought up in the post above, I don't think I would believe anything on the website. That's just me though, you all go ahead and believe what ever you want.

I'm not really seeing discrepancies. Flyidd's sick. Curtis is covering a business he doesn't run. There were an Ftin of orders. The exact number doesn't mean much to me, it's a lot.

Is it ideal? No. Does it suck? Yes. Is it some kind of conspiracy? I don't think so.

So basically once you call your order ships?

No, once you call....and actually get through to a human your order, if available, ships that day. That seems to be the pattern. If there is no causality there, there sure is an awful lot of coincidence.

I do have to chime in that I never called or emailed, Curtis called me when he pulled my order and saw an error in bulkhead size. So he is filling orders without calls. (Everyone e who ordered isn't in this thread)

For what it is worth, I got through on the second ring about an hour and a half ago.

Back