rivets or button head screws in cardboard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
I have a long rocket that needs to be able to break down into shorter components. It is made of shipping tube, and I am breaking apart sections with couplers and LOC stiffy inserts inside the couplers.

I was going to use rivets or button head screws, but am a little concerned with the metal on cardboard. Should I try to insert something, use a specific glue to reinforce, not worry about it, or run away from this idea entirely?

Those might do it, though I think one of my important factors was the width of the screw. The wider it is, the less likely to cut farther, I think.

Those might do it, though I think one of my important factors was the width of the screw. The wider it is, the less likely to cut farther, I think.

Personally I never use screws unless I have a T-nut mounted securely on the inside of the airframe. This is great when you are doing three or four, but would take quite a bit of effort if you are doing it for several sections of tubing.

Back