It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without what?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alkaline Tide, often accompanied by bloating, belching and extreme flatulence. Yummy!

Lime Jell-o with pears. Nobody but me eats it. My mother always made it, and I suppose when you are 4 or 5, you remember things like this. And it becomes tradition. I also remember desperately wanting one of the turkey legs. That did not become a tradition for me. :)

Candied yams and Pumpkin pie.....
How the heck did this thread get this far without those 2 mentioned ?????

Teddy

I mentioned pumpkin pie....I know but just before you

I know,,
Your post is what made me say that...
This thing is 2 pages long already,,
and until you,, nobody said Pumpkin pie..
I think we've all been around epoxy too long.. lol..

Teddy

My home made mac n cheese with bacon, sautéed onions and garlic. Pumpkin pie for dessert.

You have a Kindred Brother

Other faves:

• Cherry with pineapple
  • Orange with fruit cocktail

Al,

Great to know there is someone else who has sampled these Jell-o wonders. And I'll have to try the cherry with pineapple -- that's one I've not tried.

On a related note, a friend and I concocted a Jell-o treat we would break out when camping the night before a rocket launch. Sitting around the campfire, we would peel off the lids on vanilla Jell-o Pudding, and pour Kahlua into the small space at the top. Stir and enjoy! These picked up the name "Pudding Delights", and have been the source of enjoyment at campouts for years. Other toppings can be substituted, such as Bailey's Irish Cream. Besides vanilla pudding, chocolate and butterscotch can be used. Experiment and enjoy. :)

Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant at noon on the radio.
Though for me, I haul out the version on the vinyl 'Alice's Restaurant movie soundtrack' my folks were kind enough to let me have when I moved out back in the 1980s.
Hanging out by the stereo, listening to that old LP on Thanksgiving, is one of my first/favorite memories.

Though for me, I haul out the version on the vinyl 'Alice's Restaurant movie soundtrack' my folks were kind enough to let me have when I moved out back in the 1980s.
Hanging out by the stereo, listening to that old LP on Thanksgiving, is one of my first/favorite memories.

Great plan. I was able to hear it all on my regular music station as dinner was a little later this year. Then I caught the end of an interview with Arlo on public radio as a run up to the public TV show of his current concert tour (50th anniversary of the event). I'll stream that later tonight.

Some years ago, one of my very understanding nephews sat with me and watched the movie all the way through. He was late-teens, early-twenties at the time and even I was surprised how slowly the movie was paced. He at least said it was interesting (may or not have been true).

Back