It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without what?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmore

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What would not make Thanksgiving for you if something was missing.

For me cranberry sauce. I hat it when it gets forgotten.

Sauerkraut. I know, not exactly conventional, but I always have with thanksgiving dinner. Also, the Turkey Rueben is my favorite way to use up the leftover bird.

Also, the meal must include cranberry-cherry pie.

Seven layer salad. Some say ewe because it has mayonnaise in it *but* it also has bacon. It's also much better the second day.

I never though about a Turkey Rueben, hmmmm..... That sounds delicious, we'll give that a try on Friday or Saturday, do you make it just like a regular Rueben substituting turkey for the corned beef/pastrami?

For me, it wouldn't be thanksgiving without the following:

1. Turkey
2. Dressing
3. Mac & Cheese
4. Some kind of family argument/drama
5. A post-dinner outbreak of Post-Prandial Narcolepsy
6. A general feeling of good will and love for my friends & family
7. Late evening heartburn.

Seven layer salad. Some say ewe because it has mayonnaise in it *but* it also has bacon. It's also much better the second day.

I never though about a Turkey Rueben, hmmmm..... That sounds delicious, we'll give that a try on Friday or Saturday, do you make it just like a regular Rueben substituting turkey for the corned beef/pastrami?

Yep, build sandwich open face style, toss in the toaster oven or regular oven to warm it up, add dressing and close. So good.

Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant at noon on the radio.
I'm usually in transit to one or another cousins' house so I sometimes hear the first part on one station and the rest on another.
You would think one of the satellite radio stations would carry it.

Stuffing and family switching between arguing and laughing...

Teddy

REAL mashed potatoes, and instead of gravy, topped with home made noodles!

What the heck is that? Potanoodles. Never heard of such a thing. Any butter go in it? Come on man got to have some gravy.

Yeah, I said the same thing... My wife's version actually has a gravy in/with the noodles. Not the normal brown gravy I grew up on, but something between a brown and white gravy. Personally, I pass on the noodles.

Yeah, I said the same thing... My wife's version actually has a gravy in/with the noodles. Not the normal brown gravy I grew up on, but something between a brown and white gravy. Personally, I pass on the noodles.
Savage

Turkeys that go "Mooo."

a773c7390680ca99e3d34e217fad573b.jpg

Back