BT 60 PARTS ???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Anything cool Im missing as far as designs- got some extra BT60 parts I want to build.
Thoughts are poss -
3 rockets of stock length with varying nose cone and fin config.
2 rockets 2 joined tubes and 1 single -
or 1 rocket with all three tubes.
or or or ???
Had kinda planned D-E power and build thru wall fins.
The 29mm mount tube I have would be tough to make centering rings for a MD.

20151123_164739.jpg

Last edited:
You need two BT-60 motor mounts, a balsa nose block, decals, and a clear payload section. With that PNC-60RL (pointy nosecone without the tail cone) you can clone the Estes Magnum (2032). The nose block should be about 3/8" (I just checked the file) longer than the usual NB (so about 1.875" long).

16552852439_4fe446d7b3_c.jpg

Another cool design is the Maxi Icarus (1331). You can do that with a PNC-60AH, clear payload section, decals, and a balsa noseblock (1.5" long)

est1331@.gif

Another one that is really interesting is the rear ejection model of the Sizzler (2127), this however needs quite a few more parts... (and another PNC-60RL if you do the Magnum)

Last edited:
You need two BT-60 motor mounts, a balsa nose block, decals, and a clear payload section. With that PNC-60RL (pointy nosecone without the tail cone) you can clone the Estes Magnum (2032). The nose block should be about 1/2" longer than the usual NB (so about 2" long).

K'Tesh, I just been through this cloning/upgrading a Ranger.
Best I could do was size 65 12" long for a clear payload section.
Also had to have a custom nose cone turned as any of the stock 65's didn't fit the Ranger profile.
And I had to purchase a 60 to 65 reducer.
Randy at ERockets.biz helped me with what I needed.
Apogee has some clear tubing is stock now, but it's mm based.
If I would have known about the payload section before I ordered all the MMT parts, I would have went with 65 all the way.
It will make a bit of an original though.

K'Tesh, I just been through this cloning/upgrading a Ranger.
Best I could do was size 65 12" long for a clear payload section.
Also had to have a custom nose cone turned as any of the stock 65's didn't fit the Ranger profile.
And I had to purchase a 60 to 65 reducer.
Randy at ERockets.biz helped me with what I needed.
Apogee has some clear tubing is stock now, but it's mm based.
If I would have known about the payload section before I ordered all the MMT parts, I would have went with 65 all the way.
It will make a bit of an original though.

Here's a tutorial on how to cut your own. I use the Lithonia Lighting Fluorescent Tube Protector for my needs. Sure it needs a scrap of BT-60 to act as a shim, but it is doable, and works just about the same.

Here's a BT-60 based upscale of the Cherokee D that I made as a Phantom type teaching rocket.

Estes also sells an assortment of clear plastic payload sections. It contains 3 each of the BT-20, BT-50, and BT-60 clear payload sections.

Last edited:
That Magnum clone is sexy - hmmmm.

Thanks K'Tesh , decisions decisions.

Back