Crazy Jim - Homer Says "Hi"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I wore a NAR polo shirt to Homer Hickam's book signing last night. So, he asked me about rockets. When I answered by telling him about our local clubs, almost out of the blue, he asked if I know "Crazy ... uh ... "

"Jim," I replied.

"Yeah, Crazy Jim. If you know him, say 'hi' for me." Then he talked about Thunda Down Under and the full-scale V2 launch.

-- Roger

FYI- Bryce went too! I've ben trying to nail him down at three different launches to talk about it, but we've both been too busy...He's was the Left Coast rep for Thunda Down Unda! I hope CJ brought his rocket by signed by Homer back to the States! What a trophy!

Roger......

Thank-you for passing that along!

Homer & I had a great time at Thunder Down Under. We actually spent more time [hours] talking about his other passion, scuba diving, than we did rockets!

Very cool CJ. A friend and I had dinner one night a few years ago Quentin one of the rocket boys. No they didn't tear up a railroad track for the metal. The ladies had a little problem with Quentin chewing his Red Man and spitting it into his water glass as we were all eating. It was a great time.

Gary

Back