MAC Performance Rocketry --- Only a few days left!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Only a Few Days Left before our Black Friday sale starts. 10% off on all kits 11/27 - 11/29

Make sure to check out the new Pinnacle Nosecone Tracker/Electronics bay kits available in 38mm & 54mm to fit our 3" and 4" nosecones.

We've also added Piston Deployment kits designed to work with all of our kits with no modifications needed.

Check them out at- https://shop.macperformancerocketry.com/collections

Mike Crupe
MAC Performance Rocketry

FLY CANVAS!

Last edited:
Some photos of MAC Performance Rocketry kits in action - first my 3" Rayzor XL on the awesome L935-IMAX to ~13,000', and then my blue Firestick XL which flew on the fun J145 skidmark long burn - cool motors like this are possible because of the unique canvas phenolic tubing - light enough to fly low thrust or smaller, inexpensive motors, but still strong enough to handle any 54mm motor you can fit in there! Both used the piston deployment kits - the perfect fit of the machined couplers in the airframe tubes means the pistons slide like a dream and do a great job of protecting your parachute and lowering the necessary BP charge size. More videos/pictures/data to come in the next few days :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The nosecone tracker bays are really sweet - the perfect way to easily mount BRB trackers or eggfinders in your NC for a new or pre-existing kit. Looking forward trying a few out myself!

Great looking paint on the FSXL Rocket! I just received mine and can't wait to start the build - also glad to hear the J long burn works well. What Altitude did you get with that motor?

Great looking paint on the FSXL Rocket! I just received mine and can't wait to start the build - also glad to hear the J long burn works well. What Altitude did you get with that motor?

Off the top of my head, the backup altimeter was beeping out ~3,700' I think. It's a baby J ~700n-s, so on full I's it'll be hitting in the 3,500' range, which is pretty impressive performance for a rocket that can also take an L935. One of the nice things about 4 fin designs (my personal favorites) are that they seem to be much more dynamically stable - so even on a relatively low thrust motor in decently strong winds, it flew arrow straight and stable without any noticeable weather cocking;).

I don't see the fsxl on the website, is it still available? Last time I looked at the site I was wishing there was a 4 fin kit.

In case any of you were unsure of the capabilities of canvas, my stock, split-fin 3" Rayzor XL flew on the biggest motor you can fit in there - the CTI L935 Imax. It went about 1,050 mph (~M1.4) and got around 13,000' despite having traveled over a mile horizontally before apogee due to strong winds up high - on a perfectly straight flight I could see one getting 14,500'+ :cool:

[video=youtube;xXKgkLEmGfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXKgkLEmGfM[/video]
**it should say M1.4, not M1.7

I think my 3" FireStick XL is my new favorite rocket! It flew flawlessly, with a beautiful slow but perfectly straight and stable boost on the awesome J145 skidmark long-burn. The stickershock decals for these are really sweet too!

In case any of you were unsure of the capabilities of canvas, my stock, split-fin 3" Rayzor XL flew on the biggest motor you can fit in there - the CTI L935 Imax. It went about 1,050 mph (~M1.4) and got around 13,000' despite having traveled over a mile horizontally before apogee due to strong winds up high - on a perfectly straight flight I could see one getting 14,500'+ :cool:

I think my 3" FireStick XL is my new favorite rocket! It flew flawlessly, with a beautiful slow but perfectly straight and stable boost on the awesome J145 skidmark long-burn. The stickershock decals for these are really sweet too!

very nice flights! the loki L1040 won't fit?

[video=youtube;xXKgkLEmGfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXKgkLEmGfM[/video]

Great flights!

I was a bit concerned about the strength of the canvas, but this is great proof of their strength. Very cool that these kits can take such a wide motor range.

very nice flights! the loki L1040 won't fit?

Thanks! I think the physical case would just barely fit, but with the extended closure I don't think it would fit anymore in a stock Rayzor XL. One could probably ask for an extended booster though! :wink:

What is the motor retainer you are using? Looks good with the boat tail.

Back