Grant Thompson's rocket tutorial - great video -

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbecks

Reaction score
Some great ideas here.

[video=youtube;r2lDXoW78u0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2lDXoW78u0[/video]

You are right about that. I especially like the method of sealing the leading edge of the signboard but slicing a section out and using a sticker and the way an Estes motor can be screwed in. I have used hot glue a few times recently myself and it is definitely in my list of rocketry glues.

I could have sworn this video had been posted before, but was happy to see it again!

I watch his videos a lot, and he posted an interesting one not too long ago - he took apart a video game controller and turned it into a launch controller for rockets! Pretty cool project!

He also has one on how to make your own recovery wadding out of toilet paper. I'm definitely trying that one.

Why? For what it will cost to treat a roll of toilet paper, you can get a huge bale of treated insulation at any home improvement store that will last your entire club into the next century. It's shredded newspaper treated in borax. Per flight cost... Under a penny.

I've been using pink home insulation and have been wondering why people buy or make there own as well. It was $7 for a 2' long and 1' deep bail

Is that stuff biodegradable? If not, it won't fly, so to speak, at my club launches. I use the cellulose myself.

Back