Decal OOPS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorting threw the stacks of crap on my desk (to make room for new stacks of crap) I came across my decals for builds in process.
I had removed them from the file cabinet when we had the apartment heat treated for bugs.
My Hi-Flier XL and Mega Mosquito some how got turned face to face...and stuck.
Pulled them apart slowly, but the film from the skeeter stuck to the XL, so ruined both of them.
Is there a way to salvage these decals? I know some of you print your own decals and use some sort of spray film.
Or should I just order up a new set from Sandman?
JEA

I use a color laser printer to print my labels and the come out great, you don't need to coat them. The Hi-Flier XP labels are white, black and silver. On a laser and ink jet they would be hard to reproduce, the silver would be grey, and the white would be clear or white depending on the stock that you print on. if you use white stock then make sure that you overprint so when you cut the labels there's not a faint white line. The big daddy labels are yellow and black so they would work. Have you e-mailed Estes to see if they will replace them? I know it's not a warranty claim but they might replace them. When they've done it for me I've always rewarded them but purchasing additional product at a later date. I've now got more rockets than I know what to do with. It's not a problem just a temporary condition that will be solved over time. :)

Thanks
Joe

Back