Upscale super vega

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g zilla

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me wher the center of pressure is on this kit. I know stock it is way over stable with those giant fins. I am in the process of building one based on loc 7.67" tubing going to be 14+" tall and 2 stage.The bottom section is quit heavy now. Planning on launching next year at LDRS. This rocket is based on the super vega not the smaller original kit. Thanks

Can anyone tell me wher the center of pressure is on this kit. I know stock it is way over stable with those giant fins. I am in the process of building one based on loc 7.67" tubing going to be 14+" tall and 2 stage.The bottom section is quit heavy now. Planning on launching next year at LDRS. This rocket is based on the super vega not the smaller original kit. Thanks

I can't help myself. 7 inch diameter and 14 inches tall. Its a flying watermelon.

I'm doing an upscale standard Vega, but I played around with it in RockSim, and the CP doesn't seem to change much despite the stretched body tube.

The CP stays right at the forward end of the smaller aft fin set.

Back