Missile Works Cyber Monday Sale (T-1 day)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great question, Chris -

Any RRC3 with a firmware version prior to v1.54 only requires a reflash if you intend to tether up your RRC3 to the RTx system.
The RTx system operates with or without the RRC3, so if you want the RRC3 and GPS data streams mux'd together then you'll need to send it in for upgrading (details forthcoming).

We are currently flying/testing a new RRC3 v1.60 firmware version that has additional enhancements for RTx system users (along with other enhancements).
The new RRC3 v1.60 firmware and the new mDACS v1.60 app will be made available when the RTx system is ready to launch (and we're very, very close).
I just finished up yet another handy collection of features to the RTx system firmware last night, and the "beta PCB boards" will arrive tomorrow for final assembly and testing.

Thanks Jim. I am definitely excited about the RTx. I am contemplating adding another RRC3 to my collection. $60 of awesomeness is hard to pass up.

Can we send back RRC3 for the new firemware upate?

Yes, Jim has said so. He will update later. I am sure that he is busy. The RTx is also a stand alone unit, so one would not necessarily have to update the RRC3 to use them. I am not sure of all of the bells and whistles, but I am very excited about them.

T-3 update:
Time for some fine print regarding the Sale...
- We're lifting the "in-stock" inventory requirements for all discounted store items.
- If we're unable to fulfill your order because we ran out of stock, we'll advise you via email as we bring in replacement items to complete your order.
- Cyber Monday sales will be fulfilled in the order they are received and shipped throughout the following week(s).

Wow,,
That's fantastic Jim,,
Thank you for the great sale man...

Teddy

T-2 day update:
Today's update is to let you all know that I'm still in the process of working on tomorrow's update...

If we are trying to ship our altimeters in to get a firmware update and/or get an issue checked out... should we do that now or just wait till after the sale on Monday?

Thanks!

Matt

Do you have a RRC3 "package" which includes the LCD + cable(s) + altimeter?

Hi Brian -

We don't have packages per-se...

The LCD Terminal comes with the necessary cable for the altimeter.
The RRC3 comes ready to connect to the power switch, battery, and ejection charges you inevitably engineer into your rocket av-bay system (via compression terminal connection).

The most complete package we offer would be a pre-printed RRC3 Sled with a "Value Pack".
https://www.missileworks.com/store#!/RRC3-Modular-Sled-Systems/c/9045100/offset=0&sort=normal
Barring the ejection charges themselves, everything is included as a package for you to assemble.

For a complete av-bay package, I'd get the following:

RRC3 Sport altimeter
LCDT LCD Terminal
RRC3 Sled System with a Value Pack (in diameter of your choice)

Matt -

The new v1.60 RRC3 firmware is undergoing final flight-trials at the moment, so we're still not ready for any reflash operation (unless you want to beta test).
If you have an issue that needs attention/triage, you can send it over anytime.

p.s. reflash in ONLY needed if you're tethering up to the RTx, or you just want the latest feature collection (details coming very soon).

T-2 day update:
Today's update is to let you all know that I'm still in the process of working on tomorrow's update...

So does that mean your trying to figure out the T-1 update, or are you still working out the kinks in the RTx system? Speaking of which, can I get a drill chart for it? I'm working on an av-bay that will fit it right now.

T-1 day update:
The RTx/GPS is still in beta testing. Beta PCB boards just last arrived Friday, so after assembling these boards next week we'll be sending them off for additional flight-trial testing.
Because we are very close to releasing the system, I'm going to go ahead and offer the following "Pre-Order" Discount Special:

"Spend $100 now to Pre-Order the RTx/GPS system and receive a $125 credit toward your final production system price".
This also ensures you'll be first in the production and delivery queue as well when these are released.

You can read about the specifics of the RTx system in the following post (and balance of the same thread):
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?126340-Missile-Works-RTx&p=1505774#post1505774

All-up retail pricing for complete RTx end-to-end systems will start at $279.95.
If you do decide to pre-order, you can cancel at ANY TIME and I will credit your $100 pre-order payment for any reason.

Thanks again to all!
Time to start prepping for tomorrow...

I'm very excited for the sale! Will you be announcing a sale price on the PET2+?

Nate

T-1 day update:
The RTx/GPS is still in beta testing. Beta PCB boards just last arrived Friday, so after assembling these boards next week we'll be sending them off for additional flight-trial testing.
Because we are very close to releasing the system, I'm going to go ahead and offer the following "Pre-Order" Discount Special:

"Spend $100 now to Pre-Order the RTx/GPS system and receive a $125 credit toward your final production system price".
This also ensures you'll be first in the production and delivery queue as well when these are released.

You can read about the specifics of the RTx system in the following post (and balance of the same thread):
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?126340-Missile-Works-RTx&p=1505774#post1505774

All-up retail pricing for complete RTx end-to-end systems will start at $279.95.
If you do decide to pre-order, you can cancel at ANY TIME and I will credit your $100 pre-order payment for any reason.

Thanks again to all!
Time to start prepping for tomorrow...

Sold!!!!! I will definitely be getting one. Any idea on when they're available?

Also how does one get involved with beta testing if your still looking for anyone?

I'm very excited for the sale! Will you be announcing a sale price on the PET2+?

Nate

Nate -

We're still not able to put a production date together yet... sorry.
I will knock $5 off the PET2+ price so you can get it ordered provided you're OK with waiting.

Sold!!!!! I will definitely be getting one. Any idea on when they're available?

Also how does one get involved with beta testing if your still looking for anyone?

Thanks Tom!

What I need most for beta testing are individuals that have opportunity to FLY! Send me an email and let's discuss this if you're able to do so.
Production should be ready in early January... I'd say ready by Christmas, but not much work gets done during the holidays.

Hi Jim,

Planning on preordering as well. If I order a RRC3 tomorrow will it need to be sent back for an update when the GPS units become available? Do you currently have any sleds in stock that will hold both units?

Thanks,

John

Jim,

Can you describe what the end-to-end system is? Is that two RTx boards, one configured as the transmitter and one as receiver? And operation requires that the user has two RRC3's already in their possession? Is this correct? Also, as most people will purchase more transmitters than receivers, what is the cost breakdown between each?

-Tim

Figured I'd share this here... Lost one of the screws for the screw switch. Just fixed it today. Used a stainless 6-32, 3/8" screw. Put a locking nut on the back side so now I can unscrew till it stops, and I'll never again accidentally unscrew it completely in the av bay... Love those screw switches.

Hi Jim,

Planning on preordering as well. If I order a RRC3 tomorrow will it need to be sent back for an update when the GPS units become available? Do you currently have any sleds in stock that will hold both units?

Thanks,

John

We're currently shipping v1.54 in all RRC3 altimeters, and this does work with the RTx/GPS unit. It will not "need" to come back in, however if you did want to upgrade when the RTx/GPS system gets released you can send it in at that time for the upgrade. Specifically for RTx/GPS enhancements, v1.60 downlinks the altimeter battery voltage and also provides real-time reflective continuity and event status data. I'll be making the details available when the time comes, and I'm anticipating first production shipments in January.

The RTx/GPS will mount directly to the same holes as the RRC3 (when using the 3D printed GPS Brace). The 98mm RRC3 dual sled is pictured below and shows the optional GPS Brace mount. Alternative mounting is also possible if you purchase the RTx/GPS with a traditional flush mounted GPS module. While you can use 9V alkalines with the RTx system (runs ~1.5 hrs.), we're recommending 3.7V 750mAh LiPO batteries which will fit into the 9V battery holder (runs ~10 hrs.).

The RTx/GPS unit will also bolt onto any 54mm, 75mm, or single 98mm printed sled (when using the 3D printed GPS Brace) if you wanted to mount in a cone or stack 2 sleds together in an extended av-bay section.

RTx Dual Sled.jpg

Jim,

Can you describe what the end-to-end system is? Is that two RTx boards, one configured as the transmitter and one as receiver? And operation requires that the user has two RRC3's already in their possession? Is this correct? Also, as most people will purchase more transmitters than receivers, what is the cost breakdown between each?

-Tim

End-To-End is exactly as you've described above: "two RTx boards, one configured as the transmitter and one as receiver."

This means each RTx board will have a radio module (900Mhz 250mW XBee), and the rocket-based transmitter will also have a GPS module installed. RRC3's are not required at all for the RTx system to operate. If you do have an RRC3 in the rocket, you can connect the RTx & RRC3 together via cable or Bluetooth link, and the RRC3 telemetry stream then gets mux'd down with the RTx/GPS data stream.

End-To-End also means both RTx boards will have antenna's (rocket transmitter w/wire whip and base receiver w/3 dB duckie).

A stand-alone rocket transmitter board should land somewhere around $130 with radio, however a low-end "non-radio" logging GPS RTx board (uploading data "post-flight" via USB) can be had for under $80. This board configuration could eventually get upgraded with a radio for live data streaming.

The RTx/GPS system has 8 unique configurations and they will all plug-and-play with the existing and the new m3 modules... I'll be formalizing all the different configurations as we approach release. My apologies for not having more details at the moment.

End-To-End is exactly as you've described above: "two RTx boards, one configured as the transmitter and one as receiver."

This means each RTx board will have a radio module (900Mhz 250mW XBee), and the rocket-based transmitter will also have a GPS module installed. RRC3's are not required at all for the RTx system to operate. If you do have an RRC3 in the rocket, you can connect the RTx & RRC3 together via cable or Bluetooth link, and the RRC3 telemetry stream then gets mux'd down with the RTx/GPS data stream.

End-To-End also means both RTx boards will have antenna's (rocket transmitter w/wire whip and base receiver w/3 dB duckie).

A stand-alone rocket transmitter board should land somewhere around $130 with radio, however a low-end "non-radio" logging GPS RTx board (uploading data "post-flight" via USB) can be had for under $80. This board configuration could eventually get upgraded with a radio for live data streaming.

The RTx/GPS system has 8 unique configurations and they will all plug-and-play with the existing and the new m3 modules... I'll be formalizing all the different configurations as we approach release. My apologies for not having more details at the moment.

Crazy Jim showed me the system at MWP... Very cool setup.

Back