Missile Works Cyber Monday Sale (T-1 day)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No interference issues when using the RRC3 and RTx/GPS in the same av-bay.
We've run the RRC3/RRC2+ with everything we could throw at them, including the 2 watt MURS radios used by the Astro dog collars.

Many thanks Jim. This perfectly solves the tracking problem for my Mad Dog 6 rocket built with HED and no payload bay for a tracker.

Funny that you post that just seconds after I finish drilling my sled for it. Once I realized the the mounting holes were the same as the RRC3 I went to town.

Holes are dependent on how you mount the GPS receiver... the "end-mounted brace" lets you use all (4) holes just like the RRC3, but do realize the GPS receiver sits perpendicular to the main board, thus it must hang over the top edge of the sled, or you'd need to notch out a hole. If you get a flush mounted GPS receiver, you use the (3) hole system.

Hey Jim, I know you recommend the 3.7v 750mAh battery for the RTx, but since I have one lying around, would a 7.4v 1500 mAh battery be good to go with this system? I never set up any of my av-bays for 9v batteries, always for 7.4v 250mAh li-pos, so adding one of these beasts wouldn't be an issue for me.

Sure... my test results w/LiPO's have been:

3.7V 750 mAh - 10 hours continuous
7.4V 800 mAh - 10.5 hours continuous

Holes are dependent on how you mount the GPS receiver... the "end-mounted brace" lets you use all (4) holes just like the RRC3, but do realize the GPS receiver sits perpendicular to the main board, thus it must hang over the top edge of the sled, or you'd need to notch out a hole. If you get a flush mounted GPS receiver, you use the (3) hole system.

Got it, thanks for the info.

Sure... my test results w/LiPO's have been:

3.7V 750 mAh - 10 hours continuous
7.4V 800 mAh - 10.5 hours continuous

Also great info. I will see how long I can get it to run off that battery, should be nice and long.

My better half informs me that we should accommodate buyers who might be *way* outside our timezone...
So, we're keeping the store open until midnight tonight (mountain time).

Thanks to everyone for the support!

Last edited:
My better half informs me that we should accommodate buyers who might be *way* outside our timezone...
So, we're keeping the store upon until midnight tonight (mountain time).

Thanks to everyone for the support!

That is nice. Buy up guys.

I'm going to grab a RRC2 instead of the RRC3, it looks Brian proof... er, I mean, fool proof. (PM'd MWC).

From someone who has 5 of these already, you will not regret it. I did a count the other day when my buddy was asking me about a different brand altimeter for sale on Wildman's sale, and I have 14 Missile Works altimeters from early production ones to the RRC2+ and RRC3's.
None have ever let me down.

Adrian

From someone who has 5 of these already, you will not regret it. I did a count the other day when my buddy was asking me about a different brand altimeter for sale on Wildman's sale, and I have 14 Missile Works altimeters from early production ones to the RRC2+ and RRC3's.

Thanks for the confirmation, Adrian!

Adrian

+1

I've only been in high power and dual deploy for just over a year, the RRC3 was the first flight computer I used, got the LCD to go with it since I use a Mac. But I have never been disappointed with the RRC3, it's done exactly as I've wanted it to do for every flight it's been in. Even survived a Mach 1 shred.

I gotta agree with the reliability here. I've had zero anomalies with my RRC2+s in my short year or so of DD. Great altimeter that's cheap, easy to use, and just works.

Nate

Received my package from Jim Today. Great products and speedy delivery!

Got my package today! Thanks Jim! Now begins the long, slow wait until Christmas when I can open it. I couldn't even get a peak!:no:

Nate

Just a few quick updates for everyone...

As of today, the LAST of our Cyber Monday sales will be SHIPPED (excluding all backordered PET2+ timers).
We're hoping to have those PET2+ units FINALLY built next week.
I'll email everyone on the backorder list when we finally ship.

This years sale was even bigger than last years sale, and I want to say THANKS to everyone for their patience and participation.
Your USPS tracking updates should get sent later today.
Your support is what keeps us going (after 17+ years of manufacturing)!

On another subject (RTx/GPS), I'm adding more firmware support for post sale expansion (radio system configuration for multiple "rocket" transmitters).
The beta boards are here and operational, but I'm adding additional hardware support, so I'll run a 3rd and very limited prototype to ensure it's prime-time "buy and fly" ready.

I've also started on the RTx/GPS User Manual, and Crazy Jim is gearing up for his composition of his now famous "Buy it and Fly it Out of the Box" Starter Guide.
Not sure what we'll call this (there's been a few comical suggestions), but you get my drift... (pun intended).

I've also started on the RTx/GPS User Manual, and Crazy Jim is gearing up for his composition of his now famous "Buy it and Fly it Out of the Box" Starter Guide.
Not sure what we'll call this (there's been a few comical suggestions), but you get my drift... (pun intended).

I still like " GPS/Rtx for Dummies" for quick start manual!:tongue:

As of today, the LAST of our Cyber Monday sales will be SHIPPED (excluding all backordered PET2+ timers).
We're hoping to have those PET2+ units FINALLY built next week.
I'll email everyone on the backorder list when we finally ship.

So you're saying there's a chance.... It'll show up by christmas... :wink:

Thanks again for the sale BTW! Can't wait to start playing with the RRC3 and LCD. Very exciting stuff!

Nate

Awesome stuff Jim. Recently there was the RRC3. The RTx adds to the RRC3 and is even more amazing. What is the next big frontier for MissileWorks? lol

I got pinged by Nate today on the status of his backorder from our Cyber Sale, so I figured I should post this update:

PET2+
We were originally slated for production early in the Xmas week, but part suppliers dragged their feet and fulfillment times slipped to where we missed our window. My fabrication partner left for a New Years vacation and just arrived back home Tuesday. The parts and boards are now delivered and we should have panels running on or before this weekend. Bottom line, next week we should be able to get all the PET2+ backorders fulfilled. Your patience and support are appreciated.

RTx
Still making great progress forward with all aspects of the project. I have my 3rd and final main PCB revisions in transit, and I've just submitted the Bluetooth motherboard design today. Working with landru on a new and improved 3D printed case, and we've got a collection of beta testers providing great feedback and suggestions. Two heavy lifts remain which are the completion of the mDACS support and the User Manual, along with other online webs cart and content tasks. I'm still hopeful that we'll be on target for project completion by the end of the month. I will reach out privately to each of you that took part in our pre-order special and ensure we configure your system for your exact needs.

...Two heavy lifts remain which are the completion of the mDACS support and the User Manual, along with other online webs cart and content tasks. I'm still hopeful that we'll be on target for project completion by the end of the month. I will reach out privately to each of you that took part in our pre-order special and ensure we configure your system for your exact needs.

Jim,

Who needs a stinkin' manual!

computer-manual.gif

...just kidding (you know I do as you have seen some of my bonehead RRC3 and PET2+ programming failures :y:).

-Tim

Last edited:
Hi Jim;
PET2
I'm sure you got a lot going on but I still need one for my cluster Magnum - so please add me to the list :)
Nick Adams

I got my PET2+ today! Very excited to have it, seems to work great. Thanks Jim!

Nate

Back