Aerotech Ad.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like it or hate it, that ad seems to have gotten a lot a attention in one day.

True, but nothing in that ad makes me want to fly one of those motors. Joining the ranks of the BARs about 3 years ago I decided to go with CTI reloadables based on ease of use, and quickly collected 3 CTI starter sets (29, 38 and 54mm). I know that in some sizes AT is more economical, but my rocketry activities are more restricted by time than money (up to a certain point). I don't have any projects yet where the 'no case' attributes of their DMS motors is of value to me.

We used to have a restaurant in Spokane, WA when I lived there called "Dewey Cheatham and, Howe" Warm Beer, Cold Food and Poor Service. It was actually a really good restaurant.

I LIKE that one Rich! :lol: There's a place up in Oswego NY (at least it might still be there) called "Sarcastics" that advertised "Wine, Food and, Attitude!" on their sign...No large truck parking though.

I'm sure along the same line too! ;)

True, but nothing in that ad makes me want to fly one of those motors. Joining the ranks of the BARs about 3 years ago I decided to go with CTI reloadables based on ease of use, and quickly collected 3 CTI starter sets (29, 38 and 54mm). I know that in some sizes AT is more economical, but my rocketry activities are more restricted by time than money (up to a certain point). I don't have any projects yet where the 'no case' attributes of their DMS motors is of value to me.

Do you fly with CRASH? I used to fly with them a few years ago.

I fly mostly F & G so I usually go with aerotech reloads. I like CTI but I don't like the price at that size. I just flew less of them. And, I usually had a couple of single use aerotech motors in my kit.

Goofy ads are fun and this one has generated a lot of interest (at least in this forum). Hopefully they change it to something else soon.

Goofy ads are fun and this one has generated a lot of interest (at least in this forum). Hopefully they change it to something else soon.

My vote is for a photo of a few new bags of 29/120 reloads and a green 38/1320 test firing in the background... But that's just me.

Do you fly with CRASH? I used to fly with them a few years ago.

I fly mostly F & G so I usually go with aerotech reloads. I like CTI but I don't like the price at that size. I just flew less of them. And, I usually had a couple of single use aerotech motors in my kit.

No, I joined NCR (Northern Colorado Rocketry). It's an hour and a half drive, but CRASH's site is not good for high power. I haven't this year, but I have also driven down to Pueblo to fly with SCORE (Southern Colorado Rocketeers). Both NCR and SCORE have really nice launch sites... lots of room with no trees and high waivers if you want them.

I can't argue with the AT price in the F and G range, just never started down the AT path. In general I'm moving towards higher impulse flights, H - J to date. Planning for my first K, probably next spring or early summer. For my budget the compromise is flying 1-2 larger motors vs 5-6 flights with smaller ones.

Who is the guy in the Aerotech ad holding two motors(Rockets magazine), and why is he fliping us off? :eyepop: Just curious if anyone else saw that.

I think you are reading too much into that picture. I've met that guy in person and he's very nice and a real rocketeer. Not sure this comment warranted a thread; I happily buy Aerotech.

You misspelled 'flipping', so no one is perfect, right?

Last edited:
Maaaaaayyyybbbbbbbeeeeeeeee. It would make an excellent test vehicle.... :)

Being over half way across the country, I don't know DizWolf at all. But, I regularly read the threads on TRF.... 'FOR THE LOVE OF SCREETCH, enough already!'

I hope you can tell I'm kidding. In fact, I just noticed the Madcow Black Friday Sale is going to include the 2.6" thin-walled fiberglass Screech. Tempting!

Being over half way across the country, I don't know DizWolf at all. But, I regularly read the threads on TRF.... 'FOR THE LOVE OF SCREETCH, enough already!'

I hope you can tell I'm kidding. In fact, I just noticed the Madcow Black Friday Sale is going to include the 2.6" thin-walled fiberglass Screech. Tempting!

with a 54mm hole now!!!!!

honestly, I'd get the DX3 if I broke.... trying not to...no more kits!!!!!

DMS must be selling well, or Cesaroni would not be developing their own single use motors.

Last edited:
Who is the guy in the Aerotech ad holding two motors(Rockets magazine), and why is he fliping us off? :eyepop: Just curious if anyone else saw that.

His name is Kim, he is the shipping manager. If you think he is giving you the finger in a nationally placed advertisement that may say more about you. A little common sense goes a...nevermind.

I don't think that is an intentional "bird" there. I think that you're reading into it a little bit too much.

However, if Aerotech is listening, for the love of all that is holy please replace that ad with something better. ANYTHING! I have ranted about this ad before - there is no redeeming value in it at all. It is a snarky inside "joke" and if anything it makes me want to use your product LESS. It's your marketing budget but I think that most rocketeers are more interested in looking at a KICK@SS flame behind a rocket than some people standing in a parking lot holding motor cases and windchimes.

But hey what do I know. I have a philosophy degree and apparently should be a welder.

The ad is not intended for the purpose of providing a "redeeming value" and you may want to search that term to see what it actually means. If you have been watching us (I think you have:)) then you should know that we have been busy. Bigger fish to fry, etc. I agree that the ad served its purpose many issues ago and it will be replaced. However, a real ad isn't simply created to replace another one. To your point, ads need to have messages and a specific target (or market) so when we have a new message to send the ad will be replaced.

Also, you are talking about our ad.

I'm seeing lots of talk over on the propulsion forum about new developments... Just a thought.. Get out to launches, talk to the consumers, and learn from what they give you.

Mike

AeroTech attended more launches than any other motor manufacturer this year. I have traveled to about 7 or 8 this year myself so the intel is being gathered. Sorry about your rocket.

Well, to give the guy and AT the benefit of a doubt, it looks like he grips things with that finger more so than his other fingers (look at his other hand).

He is not wanting to hide the label and it is a smaller DMS motor. He is also a germaphobe. I'm almost done with this thread now.

Really?? Are you just making that assumption based on her facial expression?

We all have a right to our own opinions but come on, they wouldn't put an ad up with someone flipping the camera off, Nor would they have someone drunk, or looking drunk, in the picture.

The windchimes are just in bad taste......IMO

So its the wind chimes that are in bad taste? Got it.

I like this- tell us more? :)

What's a 54FCE? extended forward closure?

Yes it is a 54mm Extended Forward Closure that has to be used with long burn motors. Could also go with the 54FCEPT which is the same thing except it has an anchor.

Maybe something like this?
attachment.php

A small insert with a motor in action would also be a good thing... Perhaps an Aerotech photo-of-the-month, or a test stand photo.

No, I joined NCR (Northern Colorado Rocketry). It's an hour and a half drive, but CRASH's site is not good for high power. I haven't this year, but I have also driven down to Pueblo to fly with SCORE (Southern Colorado Rocketeers). Both NCR and SCORE have really nice launch sites... lots of room with no trees and high waivers if you want them.

I can't argue with the AT price in the F and G range, just never started down the AT path. In general I'm moving towards higher impulse flights, H - J to date. Planning for my first K, probably next spring or early summer. For my budget the compromise is flying 1-2 larger motors vs 5-6 flights with smaller ones.

I was never able to attend a launch with NCR. It seems like they have to cancel a lot because of weather or fire danger. I was able to stop by one of the Octoberfest launches a few years ago. But, I only had enough time to watch a couple of launches and buy some motors.

Colorado has some great launch sites

Back