Aerotech Ad.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speed

Reaction score
Who is the guy in the Aerotech ad holding two motors(Rockets magazine), and why is he fliping us off? :eyepop: Just curious if anyone else saw that.

I don't think that is an intentional "bird" there. I think that you're reading into it a little bit too much.

However, if Aerotech is listening, for the love of all that is holy please replace that ad with something better. ANYTHING! I have ranted about this ad before - there is no redeeming value in it at all. It is a snarky inside "joke" and if anything it makes me want to use your product LESS. It's your marketing budget but I think that most rocketeers are more interested in looking at a KICK@SS flame behind a rocket than some people standing in a parking lot holding motor cases and windchimes.

But hey what do I know. I have a philosophy degree and apparently should be a welder.

I agree... Spend the money to attract the customers -- if you wanna include a pic of your DMS motors, that's cool, but showcase what the motors DO.... And stop playing games with that other manufacturer. After all, are you really winning anything? They're the ones that are drilling holes into your motor cases, rendering them useless... What does that mean? Oh yeah... No more cases to put your loads into...

Focus on selling your product -- pics of impressive liftoffs, etc... And just a thought... Focus on the motors' performance, not a combined output of your motors.. Not everyone has a deep wallet to be able to afford a N2000/4xM1315 cluster -- so let the motors speak for themselves...

Aerotech used to take the latest motor off the design/R&D/Certification line and put them right into the latest HPR/Sport Rocketry publication so that EVERYONE knew that Aerotech was coming out with a new motor and that was the one everyone HAD to get. I remember when the M1315 was introduced... Lots of skeptical folks, with the 75mm realm just being tapped by Aerotech... I was not more than 14 at the time.

I'm seeing lots of talk over on the propulsion forum about new developments... Just a thought.. Get out to launches, talk to the consumers, and learn from what they give you.

Oh yeah, don't take away my simple AT reload system.. I lost a bird that I was hoping to abuse, not kill, on the J570 due to the EZ delay... My warranty claim was processed and I have a new J570, but my "BAR" rocket is dead, unfortunately..

....Just sayin'.

Mike

This ad?

oEM44.jpg

AMW-ProX will trade you a brand new CTI case for a used Aerotech case of the same size. Robert then drills holes in the Aerotech case and adds it to his wind chime collection. So the idea in the Aerotech ad is that with DMS, you don't need a case at all. Hence the woman holding the windchimes while everyone sports a DMS motor.

All that aside, I, too, think the Aerotech ad misses the mark. Here's my take on it. :grin:

ATad.jpg

Oh my...:duck:.

I wonder if the ad started out as a photo directed at the CTI vendor in question and the gesture in question was supposed to be a subliminal message to them (and it wasn't intended for general viewing). However, AT liked the image so much, it gets used in an ad, and most people don't get the references (and the offending digit was overlooked).

Last edited:
He's definitely not flipping the camera off. But yes, while I do like seeing the motors, the ad isn't in good taste. That has been my only qualm about AT lately. As smart and talented as they are, I'm surprised at the lack of professionalism.

Remember when DMS were being introduced before they were called DMS? They wanted to call them ProSU or something and of course CTI didn't like that, so AT came back with the name "SU-FU," meaning "Single Use Force Unlimited"...and seemed to be serious about it until people complained. I got the joke, but was like, "seriously?!".

Either way I'll keep flying AT, the motors are great! But I'll keep flying CTI, AMW and Loki too!!

I like the ad, granted those that have not been in the hobby for at least 10 years or so would not understand it. It wasn't Aerotech that started the wind chime thing.

I still don't like the idea of that woman who looks stone drunk holding a rocket motor.

I guess it's also an old picture? Seems like none of those motors have thrust rings. Perhaps predicting the future, or maybe those are all JetHitch motors? :duck:

Who is the guy in the Aerotech ad holding two motors(Rockets magazine), and why is he fliping us off?

That's the guy that glues on the thrust rings on the DMS motors.

That's the guy that glues on the thrust rings on the DMS motors.

:roll:Funny indeed! However goofy pictures do not make very effective advertising, and the only reason most people understand the hidden messages with the wind chimes is because we have a relatively small hobby community here.

Just spoke to Carl over at AT. I was told that the paper thrust rings are going to be replaced with fiberglass ones. I don't know if this is already hitting shelves now, or how soon it'll happen.

BTW... I find this hobby amazing at how easy it is to speak to people who actually are "in-the-know".

I still don't like the idea of that woman who looks stone drunk holding a rocket motor.

Really?? Are you just making that assumption based on her facial expression?

We all have a right to our own opinions but come on, they wouldn't put an ad up with someone flipping the camera off, Nor would they have someone drunk, or looking drunk, in the picture.

The windchimes are just in bad taste......IMO

Really?? Are you just making that assumption based on her facial expression?

We all have a right to our own opinions but come on, they wouldn't put an ad up with someone flipping the camera off, Nor would they have someone drunk, or looking drunk, in the picture.

The windchimes are just in bad taste......IMO

I'm just being silly. I guess I should have put in a few :wink: :grin: :lol:

Just spoke to Carl over at AT. I was told that the paper thrust rings are going to be replaced with fiberglass ones. I don't know if this is already hitting shelves now, or how soon it'll happen.

BTW... I find this hobby amazing at how easy it is to speak to people who actually are "in-the-know".

Looks like mine which was a pre-order from BMS doesn't have the fiberglass thrust ring (I just received the motor Tuesday and BMS received the shipment last Wednesday or so). However the thrust ring appears to be fully bonded to the motor casing. So the FG thrust rings maybe coming shortly.

AerotechL1000W DMSmotor package.jpgAerotechL1000W DMSmotor.jpgAerotechL1000W thrustring.jpgAerotechL1000Waccesories.jpg

All that aside, I, too, think the Aerotech ad misses the mark. Here's my take on it. :grin:

View attachment 276374
Now that's cute! ;)

Being very technology illiterate, my eyes see this-

I'd photoshop out all the motors and, put a nice wide white border around the picture.

The guy on the picture left gets a left handed Gibson Semi-Hollow body guitar in his hands...
The guy in the back holds a set of crossed Drum Sticks...
The guy in the picture right gets a left handed Fender Jazz Bass in his hands...
And, the lady in front gets a nice shiny Triangle complete with ringer stick thingy...

Call them the *Windy Farts* "A progressive new age Jazz band." Managed by Dewey Cheatham and, Howe Productions-

But, that's just the way my mind works. :rolleyes:

I think i'll STILL fly CTI.

Now that's cute! ;)

Being very technology illiterate, my eyes see this-

I'd photoshop out all the motors and, put a nice wide white border around the picture.

The guy on the picture left gets a left handed Gibson Semi-Hollow body guitar in his hands...
The guy in the back holds a set of crossed Drum Sticks...
The guy in the picture right gets a left handed Fender Jazz Bass in his hands...
And, the lady in front gets a nice shiny Triangle complete with ringer stick thingy...

Call them the *Windy Farts* "A progressive new age Jazz band." Managed by Dewey Cheatham and, Howe Productions-

But, that's just the way my mind works. :rolleyes:

I think i'll STILL fly CTI.
We used to have a restaurant in Spokane, WA when I lived there called "Dewey Cheatham and, Howe" Warm Beer, Cold Food and Poor Service. It was actually a really good restaurant.

I was so disappointed to learn that there weren't guys named Dewey and Cheatham in Yes.

Like it or hate it, that ad seems to have gotten a lot a attention in one day.

Latest posts

Back