A very Speshll rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danomite45

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My 7 year old son wanted to build a rocket for his grandma for Christmas. At just 7, he's been building rockets for about a year now, so I figured it was time for him to design one himself. He picked out a body tube, wanted it 12 inches, he picked out the fin design, and upscaled the template to fit the body tube. He picked out the nose cone, and picked the colors blue and yellow because they are his school's colors. I had him seal and sand the balsa fins for the first time:

He wanted the rocket to be Special, so he named it so. I guided him to a website where he spelled "SPECSHLL" ,picked out the font, color and size. He was insistent on the spelling.

The one thing he didn't do was tape off the rocket or use the spray can. His fingers are not quite strong enough yet.
Here's the end product:

we have a blue and yellow CATO chute on the way, then it will get shipped of to Grandma and Grandpa.

Aw man, the kid's a natural !

BTW my fingers get tired holding a spray can nozzle too. One of these may help:

spra.jpg

Last edited:
I am so jealous! My 6.5-year-old is just not interested enough, and my 4.5-year-old can't pick his nose and chew gum at the same time. That is really cool and something to be treasured!

BRAVO!

Please tell your son how impressed we are with his design, and his work!

We look forward to seeing additional work from him in the future!

Back