What the heck is this?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a burnishing tool or a tool used with carbon transfer paper to me. It could also be an accessory for a dial indicator.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have a whole box. I guess I could use them to apply decals or epoxy.

I bought a case a few years ago for $10 plus shipping on eBay.

That is for setting rub off lettering. Letraset is a brand of rub off lettering. I had to do a lot of that in days past.

That is for setting rub off lettering. Letraset is a brand of rub off lettering. I had to do a lot of that in days past.

That's the other thing I had seen these ballpoint tools used for, lettering. They also work for burnishing self adhesive metal foils, trim monokote and other similar products like Bare Metal Foil into tight corners.

Looks like a dart missing it's fins.

erm, what was it listed under? "box of weird **** for $10 alex" "hey I should buy that"

That's the other thing I had seen these ballpoint tools used for, lettering. They also work for burnishing self adhesive metal foils, trim monokote and other similar products like Bare Metal Foil into tight corners.

It' actually a handy little tool.

Definitely not a self-sealing stem bolt. Which are, of course, very useful if you want to triple your production of reverse-ratcheting routing planers.

Last edited:
That's a Pick-N-Pry burglary tool. If you don't have the smarts to pick a lock, you can turn it around and start prying.:wink:

Chuck It looks like a deluxe burnishing tool for applying dry transfer decals. The long flat blade end is for making sure everything is stuck down before you start vigorously rubbing with the polished ball end to transfer the letter/number/image. Or it could be a custom torture tool for baby bunnies. Seriously-I could use a couple of those if you would sell. Then all I need are bunnies.....

Last edited:
Back