UKAYRoC 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilC

Reaction score
UKAYRoC 2016 has opened for team registration. If you know a school, scout troop or any other youth organisation that is looking for a rocketry challenge then follow the link for more details.

https://www.ukayroc.org.uk/

Dear Phil,

Thank you for the advanced notice of the event. Great it's being held on home ground this year.
I am happy to support the selling of the event to local schools in my area. A couple of questions however.

1. Given that I'm able to create some interest, what support and advice is on hand to grow the I the interest? Is it from the ADS or other authorities such as yourself? I may be able to create initial interest but am not sufficiently qualifies to discuss the inevitable questions of safety, liability, and actual cost. Subjects I'm sure will be uppermost in the minds of school authorities.

2. I noticed the regulations are set against current U.S. standards. Is there a "read across" to UKRA standards and codes?
I ask this as it may be a greater encouragement to schools to realise that there is a UK authority behind the scheme (apart from ADS of course).

Finally and realising that this subject may not be of interest to other forum members, please do not hesitate in replying privately if you'd prefer.

Best regards,

SO.

Dear Phil,

Thank you for the advanced notice of the event. Great it's being held on home ground this year.
I am happy to support the selling of the event to local schools in my area. A couple of questions however.

1. Given that I'm able to create some interest, what support and advice is on hand to grow the interest? Is it from the ADS or other authorities such as yourself? I may be able to create initial interest but am not sufficiently qualified to discuss the inevitable questions of safety, liability, and actual cost. Subjects I'm sure will be uppermost in the minds of school authorities.

2. I noticed the regulations are set against current U.S. standards. Is there a "read across" to UKRA standards and codes?
I ask this as it may be a greater encouragement to schools to realise that there is a UK authority behind the scheme (apart from ADS of course).

Finally and realising that this subject may not be of interest to other forum members, please do not hesitate in replying privately if you'd prefer.

Best regards,

SO.

I'll pm you my email address so we can discuss this offline.

UKAYRoC 2016 concluded with the International Rocketry Challenge at Farnborough Air Show. Teams from the UK, USA, France and Japan competed on the airfield in front of the world's aerospace industry. In a very close competition the USA narrowly beat the UK, with France third and Japan fourth. Prizes were presented by British astronaut Tim Peake and HRH Prince Michael of Kent.

It was an amazing couple of days in which the students got to look over American military aircraft, met three Astronauts, were entertained in the Raytheon and Lockheed-Martin chalets, and received presents of luggage, sunglasses, umbrellas and all manner of goodies from the sponsoring organisations. I'm really looking forward to UKAYRoC 2017!

A video of the IRC final is available on the UKAYRoC website https://www.adsgroup.org.uk/fia2016/rocketry-challenge/

UKAYRoC 2016 concluded with the International Rocketry Challenge at Farnborough Air Show. Teams from the UK, USA, France and Japan competed on the airfield in front of the world's aerospace industry. In a very close competition the USA narrowly beat the UK, with France third and Japan fourth. Prizes were presented by British astronaut Tim Peake and HRH Prince Michael of Kent.

It was an amazing couple of days in which the students got to look over American military aircraft, met three Astronauts, were entertained in the Raytheon and Lockheed-Martin chalets, and received presents of luggage, sunglasses, umbrellas and all manner of goodies from the sponsoring organisations. I'm really looking forward to UKAYRoC 2017!

A video of the IRC final is available on the UKAYRoC website https://www.adsgroup.org.uk/fia2016/rocketry-challenge/

Very well done, thanks for posting !

Sounds like a all round great experience!

Back