Egg payload attemp 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbecks

Reaction score
Here is my third attempt at sending an egg up and having it land safely. please leave a comment! I like comments lol.

[video=youtube;ubDCx-l20bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubDCx-l20bQ[/video]

And a bonus, a horrible failure of a rocket and my wife's master piece (must see it truly is art)

[video=youtube;W18mdnClXqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18mdnClXqs[/video]

The estes alt that "failed" might have something to do with the design of the rocket. They work by measuring the pressure and with the lack of 'static' portholes in the body it wouldn't be able to measure anything. In the instructions it should suggest three or four 1/8" holes in the body.

I followed the direction pretty closely. I had 8 1/8" holes in the rocket body right where the altimeter sat. I do know the altimeter works as I did the hand suction test and it gave a reading.

Yes the field is great!

I followed the direction pretty closely. I had 8 1/8" holes in the rocket body right where the altimeter sat. I do know the altimeter works as I did the hand suction test and it gave a reading.

Yes, the field is great!

I confess, I have watched both of your videos...however, I have no sound card in this computer, so I cannot hear the discussion nor your explanation. So I have had to guess at what you're saying and pointing out. (Actually, that's pretty funny, as I can imagine all sorts of things to accompany your gestures... but I digress!)

The point I was going to make was that you can invest in a little "insurance" the next time you try to loft a raw egg... by using a.....

(waiting for all the kids to leave the room....)

condom to slip the egg inside before you place it into the capsule or payload bay.

Should you have a problem, and a failure on the part of the egg...it's a much easier clean-up and reset when all that goo is trapped inside a "tied-off" condom.

Skipping all those rude jokes about keeping the goo on the right side of the rubber....

Yes, I know it's a waste of a good condom, but look at it this way.... they come in packages of at least 3 at a time....and you'l have some extras to either try again or to celebrate with! LOL!

Thanks for the idea that's would have saved my rocket on my second launch. Oh the uses of a condom.

Thanks for the idea that's would have saved my rocket on my second launch. Oh, the uses of a condom.

And once you've mastered THIS use, we'll show you some OTHER uses that are A LOT MORE FUN! :lol:

(Seriously though, if you do try this "containment of the mess", I urge you to look for an UN-lubricated brand, cause today's silicone ultra slippery one will try to slip through your fingers, and it becomes extremely difficult to tie or untie a knot in the end when you've got an egg safely slipped down into it. Plus, the moisture can create a vacuum inside, keeping the intact egg from wanting to slide back out again....
This is the voice of experience speaking, you understand...:blush:)

Last edited:
So this is where I learn about the birds and the bees! How exciting.

Back