• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AT SUMO kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot WM sold them maybe I'll wait for the BSS

I am about to retire mine after years of landings on concrete. I will replace it eventually. Somewhere, I thought that I saw a picture of a bunch of new, built, and painted ones that AT is putting out. Probably won't be cheap. I am not sure where I saw the picture.

Here is a llink to Aerotech announcement on 4/7/2015 of ready to fly Sumos and G-Forces. Sumo retails for $165. I am not sure who carries these.

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/news.aspx

Wow ! I'm not sure who the target market is for those but it ain't me (, babe). :confused: I've always like the Sumo but never pulled the trigger at the kit price. :blush:

I would never pay that price an d half the fun is building them

I could not pay that much for a rocket that will take a beating like mine will. One thing about building, is that you can customize and paint the way that you like it. Did you get one at the Wildman Sale for $65? I am kind of kicking myself for not getting one. It wasn't on my radar. I am just buying things that I need for the near future and saving for Missile Works RTx system and supporting equip. I picked up items here and there at a couple of sales. I saw that someone spent $8k at the Wildman sale. Yikes! I don't think that I would be married if I did that! Sounds like fun though.

I could not pay that much for a rocket that will take a beating like mine will. One thing about building, is that you can customize and paint the way that you like it. Did you get one at the Wildman Sale for $65? I am kind of kicking myself for not getting one. It wasn't on my radar. I am just buying things that I need for the near future and saving for Missile Works RTx system and supporting equip. I picked up items here and there at a couple of sales. I saw that someone spent $8k at the Wildman sale. Yikes! I don't think that I would be married if I did that! Sounds like fun though.

I didn't buy one thing this year rocket related! Nothing! I'm not buying any kits because I have a couple that I'm working on. I'm lucky if I fly a few times a year so I'm not going to collect kits that will sit and gather dust over the years and then it feels like a job to build them. When all my kits have been destroyed, lost of beat up then I might consider getting more. I didn't even buy motors

I didn't buy one thing this year rocket related! Nothing! I'm not buying any kits because I have a couple that I'm working on. I'm lucky if I fly a few times a year so I'm not going to collect kits that will sit and gather dust over the years and then it feels like a job to build them. When all my kits have been destroyed, lost of beat up then I might consider getting more. I didn't even buy motors

I hear you on the flying. I have a few that have never been flown. That is the main reason that I did not buy any new kits. I coach kids 10 months a year, and then have family stuff in the summer. All good, but it really puts a dent in my flying. Some day. Good luck with your flying.

Back