French People

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Oddity

Reaction score
Compassion and concern for France tonight.
Far more important than here?

Watching on the news now. Can't imagine what people must be experiencing over there. Concern from me too.

Nate

Seemed like it took a long time for the police to storm that concert hall. Well have to wait for the whole story. Very tragic.

Prayers being sent for those who were hurt, killed, and their families. Prayers for the people of France, and against the Evil that did this.

CTvUqVzVAAAU0Cu.jpg

[Edit note, changed the artwork to the above. For those who prefer the Statue of Liberty image I first used, here's the link.]
https://conservativepapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/statue-of-liberty-weeping-crying.jpg

Last edited:
I think now is the time to morn, but tomorrow, we need to join with out NATO partners are support France.

Very sad indeed, it will keep on happening and most likely here too as long as we keep pussy footing around, time for a coalition to rid the problem.

very sad. hopefully it will bring some change to the letting all those in. The west needs to wake up. Get trained and pack 24-7 its a bad world out there and they are not changing anytime soon.

I reconsidered and edited my post...it was so depressing even I couldn't stand it. Pray for those who are suffering and living in fear. This is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Meanwhile...

We are currently importing... (resettling) (whatever)

Up to 100,000 refugees per year from the Middle East...

They are not being properly vetted... (surprise surprise)

What could possibly go wrong?

What has transpired in Paris over the last 24 hours...

Is coming soon to a city near you...:facepalm:

Meanwhile...

We are currently importing... (resettling) (whatever)

Up to 100,000 refugees per year from the Middle East...

They are not being properly vetted... (surprise surprise)

What could possibly go wrong?

What has transpired in Paris over the last 24 hours...

Is coming soon to a city near you...:facepalm:
Sadly, I think your on the right track ! Get those green lights out and turned on folks ! For the past , present, and future vets of wars to come.---And God rested after his work on the seventh day---that was the abridged version !!!! The unabridged version is a bit different !--- And God rested after his work on the seventh day and said " No power on Earth, Heaven or Hell shall stop the Hornet from delivering it's sting to those that doubt peace"----F_A-18_Hornet_Solo_Display_(7278736360).jpg--A really pissed off hornet!

IF in fact someone is celebrating the
Progress
America has made in society since the sixties, then I don't know what to make of that. Pretty much looks like the second stage fired Post Apogee.

I'm sure it's all just been a series of greed and stupidity induced mistakes...
Though, sometimes I think that IF it WAS Just a buncha stupid, greedy idiots, wouldn't they Eventually pass Some legislation or decide SOMETHING that Doesn't screw ME?

Maybe I really am the only human on Earth who remembers the
Our schools are Failing, we MUST do something..
And the demand for the money and authority was met.
Change was made.
Results, worse school performance.
answer?
UNDO what you did?
Nope.
Scream more loudly
Our schools are Failing
Demand for more power and money.
Changes made.
Worse.

Looks like sabotage to me.

The deliberate dumbing down of America
Charlotte Izerbyt or Iserbyt.

You tube interviews are free.

I have to challenge a couple of statements. We are not importing 100K refugees/year from the Middle East. The recent dramatic expansion of the program will allow ~10K refugees over a year or two. Each of those refugees go through 1-2 YEARS of background checks before being allowed to come to the US. The US has been regularly criticized by the Europeans for taking so few of the 2-5K refugees arriving per day from Syria and Afghanistan.

Re: Good guy with a gun. Since the Charlie Hebdo attacks, France has had armed police out throughout France at churches, synagogues, and major gathering points. The only way to have had more security would be to have checkpoints in the streets. I'm not sure a free society would (or should) accept that. Also worth noting that the last terrorist attack in France was stopped not by a good guy with a gun but by three heroes with their bare hands.

I apologize in advance if this is thought to be political. I do not believe facts are political. If you disagree with what I have said here, please let me know where I am factually wrong.

I have to challenge a couple of statements. We are not importing 100K refugees/year from the Middle East. The recent dramatic expansion of the program will allow ~10K refugees over a year or two. Each of those refugees go through 1-2 YEARS of background checks before being allowed to come to the US. The US has been regularly criticized by the Europeans for taking so few of the 2-5K refugees arriving per day from Syria and Afghanistan.

Re: Good guy with a gun. Since the Charlie Hebdo attacks, France has had armed police out throughout France at churches, synagogues, and major gathering points. The only way to have had more security would be to have checkpoints in the streets. I'm not sure a free society would (or should) accept that. Also worth noting that the last terrorist attack in France was stopped not by a good guy with a gun but by three heroes with their bare hands.

I apologize in advance if this is thought to be political. I do not believe facts are political. If you disagree with what I have said here, please let me know where I am factually wrong.

Do the citizens of France have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and their nation? Would armed French citizens who were well trained and proficient in the use of arms have been able to minimize the carnage inflicted by these terrorists until the police and military arrived?

The police and terrorism experts alike have described the Paris crime scenes as "soft targets". Maybe it's about time for citizens to participate in their own self protection. Nothing political either...just common sense.

General Mattis.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Good guy with a gun. Since the Charlie Hebdo attacks, France has had armed police out throughout France at churches, synagogues, and major gathering points.

And those places are probably purposely avoided by terrorist planners. If the planners don't know where there will be armed people that may give a little pause, who knows.

I am willing to hypothesize that if this terror event were to have been tried at the Ohio state fair things would have gone a little differently.....perhaps.

France launched "massive" air strikes on the Islamic State group's de-facto capital in Syria Sunday night, destroying a jihadi training camp and a munitions dump in the city of Raqqa, where Iraqi intelligence officials say the attacks on Paris were planned.

https://news.yahoo.com/france-mourns-seeks-clues-those-085150911.html#

It makes me wonder why the USA hasn't done this, or something like it, after ISIS attacks on our citizens around the world. Go France!! You've just gained a TON of respect from me!!

Here you go boatgeek...

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...-admits-quarter-of-a-million-muslim-migrants/

That was 2013... (Over 117,000 muslim "settlers")

There is no way I will ever believe...

That our current government...

Is properly vetting these people...

Must be nice to live in your world...

Do the citizens of France have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and their nation? Would armed French citizens who were well trained and proficient in the use of arms have been able to minimize the carnage inflicted by these terrorists until the police and military arrived?

The French were well-armed and trained in 1939 and what good did it do them. By the way, I have a French Fusil MAS36 rifle for sale . . . it's never been fired and only dropped once.

The French were well-armed and trained in 1939 and what good did it do them. By the way, I have a French Fusil MAS36 rifle for sale . . . it's never been fired and only dropped once.

Hank,

Having weapons alone is not good enough...

You must be willing to USE them...

See Winston's post 23 above...

The French have been helping us ever since before we were even a country. This is a time for remembering that, and aiding our Ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back