Public Service Announcent: Yahoo Mail is toast

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
In the run up to the separation of Yahoo from its Small Business division scheduled for a day or two from now, Yahoo mail at this is time non-functional. You can access your inbox but you can do nothing else. Emails are not clickable, nothing can be moved, saved, deleted, etc.

The DownDetector website shows most of the West Coast, large portions of the East Coast, and England(!) are affected by this Yahoo email outage.

In the interim please revert to a non-Yahoo email account, snail mail, carrier pigeon, or morse code.

Cellphone access appears not to be affected and mail is readily accessible.

That is all.

Mine is fine outside of Wed sfternoon when orders could not be prossesed. A couple emails and paypal took care of those situations. Sat night to Sun morning they are doing more work where they say you can't work on your site but you will still recive orders. A bit of hassle but I guess it has to be done.

I'm able to access my Yahoo and Yahoo Business email accounts via smartphone but not on PC. According to www.downdetector.com the problem is global. East and West Coast of USA, Honk Kong, England, and India are down for internet accesss. I suspect the problem will be remedied on 11/16 when the spinoff of Yahoo Business mail to Luminate / Aabasco Holdings is completed. Have some concerns about my business website and associated email. No word on how pay hosting fees, etc...

Wife is not able to access her email at all as she's still running with a Jurassic Phone...a dumb flip phone that barely does texts. This adds to the stress as a number of gift order receipts were sent there and cannot be opened.

Have you checked and/or reset your email settings?

I rarely use Yahoo but my account seems to work.

On the 13th there was an outage, but I'm not aware of any yahoo getting rid of the service thing.

Sounds like maybe the web access is having issues. Or just Yahoo Business accounts?? I am pulling my Yahoo mail using Win 10 mail app and have not seen any issues.

After logging in using IE to I was able to access Yahoo mail with the still functional Basic mail interface. This led me to search a bit further and I was able to discover a work around that was posted in the Yahoo support area.

I flushed my Firefox browser cache, closed out browser, restarted browser and logged back in. This forced Yahoo to come up in the Basic Yahoo Mail interface which still works fine.

Yahoo Small Business is being spun off to Aabasco Holdings but the business mail will remain with Yahoo. Allegedly this transition was supposed to have taken place yesterday (11/16) but I've not yet been notified.

And yesterday Yahoo Small Business nicked my credit card for the usual monthly hosting fee.

We'll have to see how this all plays out.

Back