What are your thoughts on this ebay doozie?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenECoyote

Well-roasted Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Check this "guided missle" out before it gets pulled:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guided-mis...349351?hash=item235cd578e7:g:z~kAAOSwhcJWNpgx

Guided missle radio controlled rocket launch pad launch a guided missle rocket:

Description:
"One of a kind. Designed enginered and built by my late husband. With this radio controled rocket launch pad you can change the telemetry of the guided missle right from mission. Control. You have total control. Of the telemetry and launch of this guided missle This is for advanced. Rocketeers only. Every thing. You. Need to. Launch guided missles is included. Launch pad. Battery packs rocket missle rocket. Fuel engines. Igniters. Charger units. Transmitters and recievers.
Super rocket science fun.."

s-l1600.jpg

1 of two things.
1) it's a scam
2) her late husband really did make it and she has no clue at all.
Those would be my guess. Definitely not going to bid on that lol

I think it's quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen posted here in a while. That's friggin' awesome sauce! I'm still giggling. 100% 'Best of Craigslist' material right there!!!

If the starting bid wasn't so ridiculous I would be tempted to bid on it just to light up the circuit boards at the NSA. :D

I'm giggling again. Wiping tears from my eyes in fact. I've just asked the seller for more pictures. Because "It's unlike any I've seen before".

I might just take a beat-up rocket and some old junk and sell it for $100. That's how it works, right?

While I do think the listing is funny, I'm inclined to feel bad for the seller. She probably knows nothing about our hobby, and she could very well still be mourning the loss of her husband. She probably doesn't know the difference between a body tube and a nose cone. She probably needs the money to pay bills due to the loss of her husbands income, and therefore probably taking a stab in the dark as to how much that doohickey is worth. I think a little compassion goes a long way...

While I do think the listing is funny, I'm inclined to feel bad for the seller. She probably knows nothing about our hobby, and she could very well still be mourning the loss of her husband. She probably doesn't know the difference between a body tube and a nose cone. She probably needs the money to pay bills due to the loss of her husbands income, and therefore probably taking a stab in the dark as to how much that doohickey is worth. I think a little compassion goes a long way...

Thank you for trying to derail the mocking train. Compassion does go a long way.

I didn't click on. The ebay listing link, I just. Read the description under the. Picture in the first. Post. I'm at work and. Don't. Think. Ebay. Is on the approved list of websites we. Can look at so it'll get. Blocked if I. Try. How much was it selling. For?

Whenever I see anything with English butchered that badly I always assume it's a foreign person that's using bad automatic translator software, and in this case probably using it to scam someone. Probably not a woman with a dead husband.

I didn't click on. The ebay listing link, I just. Read the description under the. Picture in the first. Post. I'm at work and. Don't. Think. Ebay. Is on the approved list of websites we. Can look at so it'll get. Blocked if I. Try. How much was it selling. For?

Whenever I see anything with English butchered that badly I always assume it's a foreign person that's using bad automatic translator software, and in this case probably using it to scam someone. Probably not a woman with a dead husband.

That could very well be the case. We'll probably never know as I'm sure no one here will be bidding on that. But, I do know that English does get butchered that badly, and by people that should know better. Hell, sometimes I swear some of the people I work with can't read or write because they're so dumb and screw up everything they touch.

Starting price is $75 and shipping (to me at least) is $20.

I think it's real since I can see that she has other items for sale as well as ended sale items. also has 3 positive seller feedback reviews going back a few months.

I'm really into research & information mining. ;)

There are a lot of people in this country that speak english as a second language. That does not mean that they are using translators to write in english. They are often doing the best they can with the skills that they have. Poorly written sentences and a lack of knowledge about an item listed on eBay does not mean the listing is a scam. This is an example of a poorly done listing on eBay. The photos are not clear and there is not a list of parts included with the auction. I am sure that if anyone was interested in this item would ask for more information from the seller.

Personally, I am offended by those who have chosen the path to mock and make accusations about this person.

Just for the record, I'm making light of the item...not the seller or situation.

I think trying to sell a remotely armed rocket is a recipe for danger and also may be a significant violation of the law or established codes (who knows...may even be a federal offense). I think all of us here know the safeties and procedures we have to go through for a safe launch and this item seems to not quite jive with that.

FYI,

The rocket pictured is a Quest RTF Thunder model available in the late 1990s.

Personally, I am offended by those who have chosen the path to mock and make accusations about this person.

Personally I am offended by bleeding hearts that have no sense of humour. This whole don't want to offend anyone theme is getting old. We live in a society that has become so concerned and sensitive to others and to what end, people today are more offended than they ever have been. Recognize and take ownership that being too easily offended is a form of self-victimization, you own it.

Personally I am offended by bleeding hearts that have no sense of humour. This whole don't want to offend anyone theme is getting old. We live in a society that has become so concerned and sensitive to others and to what end, people today are more offended than they ever have been. Recognize and take ownership that being too easily offended is a form of self-victimization, you own it.

I am not a bleeding heart. However, I do have compassion for people. I do take ownership for my actions. This is not about being over sensitive instead, it is about people who should know better on how to treat someone. If you met this person in the flesh would you act the same and make fun of what she is trying to sell and how she writes or would you offer help? But, since we can all hide behind a keyboard we think it is ok to make fun of people that we don't know. Does mocking someone make you a better person or will helping someone make you a better person?

So, go ahead and call me names, I know who I am and it is not who you think.

I sent her an email suggested she post more pictures. This looks like a low power Estes type kit from one of the pictures.

I figure she does not know what she had or she is very manipulative. I do not see control surfaces on the fins.

I sent her an email suggested she post more pictures. This looks like a low power Estes type kit from one of the pictures.

I figure she does not know what she had or she is very manipulative. I do not see control surfaces on the fins.

Actually, the way I understood it was that the only base/launcher was the RC part ("With this radio controled rocket launch pad you can change the telemetry...") and I was assuming that once you launch the rocket you have no control over it. Almost like the little RC tanks that you can aim and shoot little plastic bb's with. I'm guessing she figures this is a "guided" missile if you guide the launch angle or direction. :)

Back