Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh OK. Well I could not stand it. I pulled the trigger on the eggfinder DD starter kit.

I ordered the Eggfinder LCD RX - TX combo, a 2nd TX module, and the data cable via email via [email protected] . Haven't received my PayPal invoice yet, but I suspect that will come sometime this coming week. :)

Update: Received my invoice and later today my shipping notice... :smile:

Last edited:
A shipping update...

Our stock on several items was depleted but we've been feverishly kitting the past 3 days to catch up. We've started to ship again, we expect to have all orders out the door before Thanksgiving. We have lots of stock now, and if we run out we still have lots of parts on hand to make more. Order away... :)

Saw your post and checked my email - 4 Quarks, 4 WiFi switches, and an Eggtimer on their way.
Thanks Cris. That should keep me busy in all my free time.
Matt

Just got my egg finder LCD starter kit. 1 week this time of year is incredible. Anyway. Now just have to find some free time to solder. Thanksgiving not the best for factory maintenance man to find extra time. Lol

It took 2 days (TX takes more time than the LCD RX) but both the TX & LCD RX are complete and have been tested sat. with Rocket Locator. The amount of solder provided with the TX kit was enough to finish the LCD RX kit - less my add-on modifications.

If possible in a future PCB modification, I would like to have the option to locate the red LED on the TX and the green LED on the RX to a remote location - even though the HOPE RF module is prefabbed.

Love your kits very easy to solder. I would love to see some smaller stuff with maybe 0604 parts and maybe the egg-timer in a smaller footprint using the surface mount version of the Atmega328. Perhaps build around the femptoduino which is open source.
Femptoduino

0603 parts? No way... my eyes aren't that good, even with a magnifier!

I do have some stuff in the pipeline for 2016, though.

Had it on the wish list for quite some time, and once I saw the price for a Quark, I couldn't reason why someone wouldn't fly DD without a backup (since it's priced at $16). Then, somehow, the TRS Starter Set jumped into the mix, so now I have lots of presents coming :clap:

Oh, what a good boy I've been!
:point:

Had it on the wish list for quite some time, and once I saw the price for a Quark, I couldn't reason why someone wouldn't fly DD without a backup (since it's priced at $16). Then, somehow, the TRS Starter Set jumped into the mix, so now I have lots of presents coming :clap:

Oh, what a good boy I've been!
:point:

I assemble mine is a shallow square pyrex baking dish with white paper underneath. An angled tweezers, toothpicks, good light and head magnification is all that's needed with a cheap low wattage soldering pen.

I put the manual and all the build pictures on a laptop and have Adobe open for the instructions on one Window and the photos in a viewer in the other window. Scroll back and forth and it's a piece of cake. Haven't wrecked a build yet
until after its done! Try dropping a completed EF on the floor after it was working perfectly for 15 minutes after it was finished. Ouch! Kurt

I assemble mine is a shallow square pyrex baking dish with white paper underneath. An angled tweezers, toothpicks, good light and head magnification is all that's needed with a cheap low wattage soldering pen.

I put the manual and all the build pictures on a laptop and have Adobe open for the instructions on one Window and the photos in a viewer in the other window. Scroll back and forth and it's a piece of cake. Haven't wrecked a build yet
until after its done! Try dropping a completed EF on the floor after it was working perfectly for 15 minutes after it was finished. Ouch! Kurt

This is a jig and parts catcher I made for assembling my Eggtimer products. The posts match the mounting holes for the Quark, Eggfinder LCD and Eggfinder TRS, the pins in the post top are removable, small wood screws (#2) are used if the part needs to be made immobile. Its all 6mm baltic birch plywood and 1/4" hardwood dowels.

EggtimerAssemblyJig.jpg

@rhershberger very cool indeed! I'm pulling the trigger on an eggtimer BF order now, and this is indeed interesting!

@rhershberger very cool indeed! I'm pulling the trigger on an eggtimer BF order now, and this is indeed interesting!

took about 20 minutes with some scraps of ply left over from making my kids dressers, I ALWAYS save any scraps of hardwood from projects as they have so many uses for building jigs around the shop.

An anonymous buyer asked me to procure him a TRS LCD starter set and I grabbed a WiFi switch for myself

Kenny

This is a jig and parts catcher I made for assembling my Eggtimer products. The posts match the mounting holes for the Quark, Eggfinder LCD and Eggfinder TRS, the pins in the post top are removable, small wood screws (#2) are used if the part needs to be made immobile. Its all 6mm baltic birch plywood and 1/4" hardwood dowels.

View attachment 276984

That's seriously cool Rich...
That really is a great idea...
Holds everything still for you...

Teddy

Is there anyone willing to assemble a Quark and Tx for me? PM me.

Very nice Rich. You must to a lot of production for others?:D Not necessary though so one
shouldn't be deterred by your impressive setup. It is nice to be able to spin around the device to get the right approach to get the soldering tip in. Varies for right or left handed folks!:smile:
Kurt

Very nice Rich. You must to a lot of production for others?:D Not necessary though so one
shouldn't be deterred by your impressive setup. It is nice to be able to spin around the device to get the right approach to get the soldering tip in. Varies for right or left handed folks!:smile:
Kurt

I actually intend to eventually own most or all of the Eggtimer products in multiples, so I will need it to assemble more Quarks, Eggfinders, and Eggfinder TRS's. My wife is getting me a Digital Multimeter for Christmas so I can better troubleshoot my soldering projects and automotive repairs. I have enjoyed the assembly of my Eggtimer products so far, and the only problem I have encountered was with my Eggfinder TRS didn't want to transmit for the first pre-test so after trying to troubleshoot is on my own and via email with Cris, Cris is going to take a look at it for me when he gets the time (I sent it to him right before the big sale started), hopefully its something simple. I also enjoy wood working so building jigs is something I do a lot thing that are repetitive like the 3 beds that can be bunk beds for my 3 kids lots of repetition and need for jigs. The beds pictured below require over 150 mortises like the ones pictured on the left picture.

Bedparts1.jpg Bedparts2.jpg Bedparts3.jpg

Hmm-I thot Conner (conman)had that gig locked up? Maybe a new mercenary solder soldier for us to hire?

I used him before and I figured he was swamped and I know there are a few others who are more than capable. I was going to tackle them myself
but my damn arthritis and carpel tunnel has been killing me lately.

Hmm-I thot Conner (conman)had that gig locked up? Maybe a new mercenary solder soldier for us to hire?

Some people do it for the fun of it just because they like soldering. I'd have done it for free if I saw it first.

To everyone who purchased Eggtimer Rocketry products during the Holiday Sale, thank you very much for your support! I still have a few invoices to send out, and I ran out of a few products but parts are on the way with the goal of shipping everything out by the end of the week. It was pointed out to me that tomorrow is "Cyber Monday" and that I should be whipped with a wet noodle for ending the sale before then, so I'm extending it one day through Monday. So, if you didn't make the sale, or if you need 3 or 4 more altimeters for the RW/Wildman/MadCow rockets that you picked up this weekend, you still have a chance. You know the drill... send an email to [email protected] and let me know what you want. Thanks again! Cris Erving, Eggtimer Rocketry

A shipping update...

Over half of the orders have been shipped, I had way more orders than I anticipated, particularly in the last weekend. I have parts for almost all of the orders, but unfortunately the LCD PC boards that I ordered in early November failed the vendor's QC (got the notice on Tuesday...), and they've had to be rerun. It will be about a week before anything with a LCD receiver is shipped.

I'm still kitting Quarks and WiFi switches, if you had those on your order and haven't received a shipping notice, sit tight... I expect them to be all done by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for your support!

Back