Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wildman's Holiday Specials
This year we will be doing a sale for Wildman Club Members only on Wednesday the 25th and our super sale on Saturday the 28th.
It will be posted here after the e-mail is sent out for both days .
Thank You

Thanks for the reminder. I renewed my membership today!

Just a little update.
I have been talking to some of the manufactures and this looks like it could be another record setting year.
We will have some totally new products and some super deals on some old favorites.

Just a little update.
I have been talking to some of the manufactures and this looks like it could be another record setting year.
We will have some totally new products and some super deals on some old favorites.

Thanks for sharing the great news Tim! You've been supplying really great products, so that success and support is very well deserved. I was just talking to someone at METRA yesterday about his L3 build (WM Competitor) and he couldn't stop talking about how much he loves the Wildman rockets. :)

BTW - This will be a record setting year for my rocketry spending. :wink:

My wife asked me for my Christmas list, I said that after all the rocketry vendor BF (etc) sales it would be a very short one.

That sounds fantastic for sure Tim....
As always I just can't wait...
You really got me with that gorgeous red tubing....
There is just no doubt I'm going to have to build a rocket out of that......

And I especially can't wait to see what you're putting together with other manufacturers.........lol...

Teddy

Just talked to Tim.. as usual there will be a Stickershock Coupon with all Wildman Kit orders!

Got a little info on "New products" Im sworn to secrecy so dont ask.. but you know wildman they are gonna be WILD!

I'd like to see a picture and/or some specs. I took the Interceptor AAD 98 Rocksim file and used the components to upscale the Punisher. It seems to be marginally stable unless I add nose weight or stretch the body tube.

The 4" Punisher is no secret... It was on sale at MWP....

Could someone give a quick idea of the difference between the "club exclusive" and "regular" sales in the past? I'm new to HPR and probably wouldn't spend enough next year at Wildman for the $30 club fee to make sense - but I'm also keeping an eye on this fall's sales for a good kit to go L2 on, so if there's a smokin' deal there exclusive to the club it might make it worth it.

I'd like to see a picture and/or some specs. I took the Interceptor AAD 98 Rocksim file and used the components to upscale the Punisher. It seems to be marginally stable unless I add nose weight or stretch the body tube.

Chris- we have 2 of them at our house (in kit form). If I'm not too lazy tonight, i'll take some measurements and PM them to you.

Could someone give a quick idea of the difference between the "club exclusive" and "regular" sales in the past? I'm new to HPR and probably wouldn't spend enough next year at Wildman for the $30 club fee to make sense - but I'm also keeping an eye on this fall's sales for a good kit to go L2 on, so if there's a smokin' deal there exclusive to the club it might make it worth it.

Typically Wildman club sales will have one or more of the following: 1) an "early bird" period, 2) extra discounting of 5% to 10% and, 3) special items not offered to "regulars."

The club membership is a quick way to make money for the business. Another reason the "sales" are so good. Its pretty much a given that if you fork over the membership fee , you will be buying something at the sale. I'm not trying to talk down Tim or Wildman at all . Why the black Friday sales are not made public for everybody is beyond me. Many people only have XX a year as a budget and the membership is expensive, especially if you don't buy anything else durring the year. Two years ago I bought the membership and there was nothing good that I wanted/needed. I fly three or four times a year , so I never bought anything. I know it's my own fault 100.00% , but as I said, if your budget is tight .....

Eric

It is easy to break even on the $30 club price if you buy a kit, motor hardware, or AP during the regular non-sale year. Savings on these three types of items can be very large during exclusive sales.

It doesn't take long at all to recoup the club fee. One project and you have made it back. If you plan on buy more than one rocket from Wildman it is a good deal. On another note, I love the Punisher, my favorite build and flying of the year, and I am happy to see a larger one being made available. However, I only get to fly on a field that would be able to fly the 4 maybe once or twice a year, I am hoping for a 29mm or 38mm based one (sport/mini). I can fly the current one on my home field, but can't put the food in it that it truly deserves.

Chris- we have 2 of them at our house (in kit form). If I'm not too lazy tonight, i'll take some measurements and PM them to you.

Is this still classified as a secret? What motor size does it take? Price?

Is this still classified as a secret? What motor size does it take? Price?

Chris,,
The new Punisher is a 4" airframe
and the 75 mm hole will take some very serious rock and roll......

Teddy

It doesn't take long at all to recoup the club fee. One project and you have made it back. If you plan on buy more than one rocket from Wildman it is a good deal. On another note, I love the Punisher, my favorite build and flying of the year, and I am happy to see a larger one being made available. However, I only get to fly on a field that would be able to fly the 4 maybe once or twice a year, I am hoping for a 29mm or 38mm based one (sport/mini). I can fly the current one on my home field, but can't put the food in it that it truly deserves.

My new favorite combo is a 54 airframe with a 38 hole... Small enough to fly on 24mm Es and sturdy enough to fly on 38mm Js... That combo makes it simply the most versatile mid to high power rocket out there. ... The interceptor 54 is pretty amazing. Now, if only there was a Punisher Sport.............. Hey, Tim, I've got an idea...... ;-)

If you buy one Black Saturday rocket, you've recouped your club fee and then some. Also, once you add up all the savings from all the parts you need to add to a kit (Kevlar, nuts and bolts, parachute, nomex, etc) you're making that fee back quickly. Order a few motors at club price, and now you're making money on the deal. I paid the $30 up front with a lot of hesitation last year. I did not hesitate to renew this year. If you're anything like me, my rocketry plans for the year went from modest to not modest pretty quick and I was glad I didn't lose time saving money...

The club membership is a quick way to make money for the business. Another reason the "sales" are so good. Its pretty much a given that if you fork over the membership fee , you will be buying something at the sale. I'm not trying to talk down Tim or Wildman at all . Why the black Friday sales are not made public for everybody is beyond me. Many people only have XX a year as a budget and the membership is expensive, especially if you don't buy anything else durring the year. Two years ago I bought the membership and there was nothing good that I wanted/needed. I fly three or four times a year , so I never bought anything. I know it's my own fault 100.00% , but as I said, if your budget is tight .....

Eric
Wow I am sorry you couldn't find anything you wanted.
Our big sale on Saturday is open to everyone , but club members get some extra special deals.

Last edited:
Back