Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, Gus. Tim says all is forgiven.

Actually, you need to teach him WHERE to go in his settings file and, turn any humble friendship requests on so that they may be honored...;)

You callin' me out, Gus? You're on... O-3400 drag race next year?

1. Check your "Friendship Box". :D
2. No...Not calling you out, someone else. :no:
3. The "O" i bought is reserved for Black Rock 2016, along with an N-5800 and, M-2245.

Here it is-Some of you MAY on may not remember that i was going to attempt the FIRST Minimum Diameter flight on the N-5800 C-Star at Airfest many years ago. The electronics i was using (and, they were new for me at that time) had a glitch...The manufacture was there and, refused to help me with the situation...so we packed up the rocket and, drove 750 miles back home...UNFLOWN. When i did get home the Altimeter sled came out and, the offending unit was removed and, promptly smashed by a FIVE pound hand sledge...

Fast forward to the future- With ALL the bravado that has been thrown around, only THREE people have done it successfully since...Skippy, Mike P and, an Aussie friend.

Congratulations...:D

Not its MY year and, MY turn again. The stars in alignment, the finances to build THREE record/bowel shaking rockets and, the time is approved...

IT CAN BE DONE with Composite fins. Let me show you...how to do it.

Either way, whether its successful or not on that one...It will spectacular to say the least.
I may be "Just a Truck Driver" and, very humbled to receive a nomination to a TAP position but, i was working on *stuff* that flew into space and, will kept classified for years to come...When *some* people were still pi$$ing their diapers.
Never count out a *Determined Little German*...I've learned ALOT from watching amazing people over the years...

RANT OVER-

Carl! I did save an N-10,000 out of my purchases today for just you and, I for a possible rematch at MWP-14 this coming year! :D Really missed you and, Mckenzie this time and, hope to see you both next year. Should have some awesome stories too talk about around that time! :D

Check your friendship box again, please.

Nope Gus, yer safe. I was home snug in bed at 5am and cleaning dog puke....:puke::puke:

Adrian

Your NOT supposed to allow the dog to eat Twinkies and, then curl up (im sure) at the foot of your bed....

Alex. Call me!! I will give you the "lowest he said he would go" number

630-555=5150

-Jason

If you call him at THAT number, be prepared to receive photos of things...videos of things *vibrating* *gyrating* *bouncing around*:surprised:...in the future when you least expect it.

THANK-YOU for those *things*! :eek:

3. The "O" i bought is reserved for Black Rock 2016, along with an N-5800 and, M-2245.

Fast forward to the future- With ALL the bravado that has been thrown around, only THREE people have done it successfully since...Skippy, Mike P and, an Aussie friend.

Congratulations...:D

Now its MY year and, MY turn again. The stars in alignment, the finances to build THREE record/bowel shaking rockets and, the time is approved...

Either way, whether its successful or not on that one...It will spectacular to say the least.
I may be "Just a Truck Driver" and, very humbled to receive a nomination to a TAP position but, i was working on *stuff* that flew into space and, will kept classified for years to come...
Never count out a *Determined Little German*...I've learned ALOT from watching amazing people over the years...[/SIZE]

Hmmmmm, Gus you make me want to head up to Blackrock just to see you do this thing! Just have to talk Wayne into it. :wink:

Hey Gus Mike is getting a P-8000 and I'm getting a O-3400 we are flying them at Black Rock next year hope to see you there.

... with the 68 motors I just bought :)

Sounds like the start of a solid inventory. I only purchased 5 motors this year (four K's and one H DMS). I have quite a stash that is aging and need to use it up. My 54mm tub needed a little boost.

I felt left out of the Darkstar drag race with Wayne, Sharon and Ken at Hellfire last summer, so I picked up a 3". Tim talked me into the red "because Sharon doesn't have one."

Joe

Not its MY year and, MY turn again. The stars in alignment, the finances to build THREE record/bowel shaking rockets and, the time is approved...

Now I think I definitely need to make a trip out west next year. Also, please point me in the direction of the build thread.

This guy knows what he's doing. Where will you do your L1? on what rocket? A wildman kit, hopefully :)

L1 will be at our club launch in upstate NY, Syracuse club. I've got a few birds I'm considering ....

A stretched Estes Leviathan (did a build thread here for it)

A RW Rapton 38.

A RW Formula 54.

We'll see which one feels best after they go up on some of the MPR loads I bought today!

Hmmmmm, Gus you make me want to head up to Blackrock just to see you do this thing! Just have to talk Wayne into it. :wink:

Hey Gus Mike is getting a P-8000 and I'm getting a O-3400 we are flying them at Black Rock next year hope to see you there.

Now I think I definitely need to make a trip out west next year. Also, please point me in the direction of the build thread.

Parts are slowly arriving...Plans are to hit XPRS in Sept. with at least two maybe three composite rockets to do some things i've always wanted to try.
I will know in about 2-3 weeks when i *bid* my vacation time off for next year. At that time the project either goes green light or i arrange to have someone fly at least one of them at either XPRS or Balls in my place.

They are-

1. Native Son, a quasi Mongoose/Mon-Gus 98 combination flying on a CTI N-5800 C-Star. Named after my original home state (Nevada...duh).
2. The Freight Train, a quasi Mongoose/Mon-Gus 98 combination flying on a CTI O-3400. Named after a most righteous 60's era Top Fuel Dragster.
3. The Star of David, all Reeser in design built by my hands flying on a CTI M-2245. *SHALOM!*

Three days, Three rockets, Three attempts to not worry about records but, just prove that i can do what i've always wanted to do with little restriction.

Projects go full tilt after vacation bidding...

Last edited:
Parts are slowly arriving...Plans are to hit XPRS in Sept. with at least two maybe three composite rockets to do some things i've always wanted to try.
I will know in about 2-3 weeks when i *bid* my vacation time off for next year. At that time the project either goes green light or i arrange to have someone fly at least one of them at either XPRS or Balls in my place.

They are-

1. Native Son, a quasi Mongoose/Mon-Gus 98 combination flying on a CTI N-5800 C-Star. Named after my original home state (Nevada...duh).
2. The Freight Train, a quasi Mongoose/Mon-Gus 98 combination flying on a CTI O-3400. Named after a most righteous 60's era Top Fuel Dragster.
3. The Star of David, all Reeser in design built by my hands flying on a CTI M-2245. *SHALOM!*

Three days, Three rockets, Three attempts to not worry about records but, just prove that i can do what i've always wanted to do with little restriction.

Projects go full tilt after vacation bidding...

I want build threads, Gus.... Don't disappoint me. Otherwise I'll eat all the Twinkies myself...

You guys and I seem to have very different levels at which we start to pucker.

You've done a nice job of making me feel like I didn't spend much at all. So I've got that going for me. Plus a nice (for my taste) pile of reloads.

Is this like a purchasing Drag Race? I will go up against you ..but not Wayco.

Looks like CaveDuck trounced us both with a PunisheR 4 Pro75 load and tarc supplies . . .

Kenny

I want build threads, Gus.... Don't disappoint me. Otherwise I'll eat all the Twinkies myself...

Shhhhhh....I was actually going to call #3 "The JORF" (J*w's On Rocket Fuel) but, i was told that when i got home i'd find all my stuffage on the front lawn.....She's part C*tholic with a little B*ptist thrown in.

Kind of a "Captist". *They* don't have much, of a sense of humor...Nicht! :no:

Last edited:
Somehow I missed that one. I checked and it was not in the announcement email, or was it part of a package deal?

I felt left out of the Darkstar drag race with Wayne, Sharon and Ken at Hellfire last summer, so I picked up a 3". Tim talked me into the red "because Sharon doesn't have one."

Joe

Oh, Joe - we are going to have so much fun this next year at Hellfire! You with the Red, me with the Yellow and the guys bookending us in black.

We here at Wildmans want thank everybody for the offers this week and will be working hard to get everything packed up and shipped out as soon as we can.
Happy holidays from jackie and tim

Thanks to Tim, Jackie, Kevin, etc. etc for another stonking sale.

2015 seems to have been the sale of the M's

Happy Birthday Eric! :D:point: Some of us don't forget....

2nd'd'd'd! Looking forward to seeing the other Eric C. at some QCRS launches this winter/spring!

Gus: wahoo, some mega plans you have layed out, sir. Let me know if you'd like to *replace* that M2245IM with a long burn 9500-M795 moony....it'll go slower but get higher! Took a 33lb, 4.1" diameter long tall snake to nearly 22k in your backyard: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?62795-Air-X-Delamar-Build&p=694513#post694513 Either way, 'twill be awesome!

Thank you to the Wildmans for another excellent sale. Spent more than intended, and *had to come back again to add to the order. Looking forward to the goodies!!!!

-Eric-

Now -that's- customer service!

I sent an email to Tim at 9:00 at night to see if my order had gone out yet, and/or if I I could add to it. It was all boxed up, ready to go out tomorrow morning, and he was decent enough to dig through, find my package, and add the remaining items!

Thanks again Tim and Jackie, and to all those who helped with your Black Saturday sale!!

See you at Bong :)

Thanks Tim! The Mini Intimidator with DD rocket kit arrived today! Super cool in the red tubing! Already washed and sanded the razor edges smooth.

This little mini Intimidator with DD option will be fun. Gonna be a fun build and best yet, no need to paint!

Ok with that said, are there any new altimeter sleds out that are made to fit this smaller tubing? Inner dia of coupler tube is 1 3/8 in or 34.925mm. length to work with is 4 inches with aluminum plates at each end. My option as to hole placement. Plates have center marked but not drilled.

As usual Tim has made us all very busy over the winter.

Thanks again Wildman crew!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and see ya at AIRFest 2016!

See ya,
Rod

Last edited:
My order apparently arrived at my home today. Too bad I won't be there myself until Thursday...

Any news about the Rocketpoxy Christmas rocket? Sorry if it has already been brought up.

Got my shipping notice yesterday! Given many of the things I bought were not in stock, I'm really impressed how quickly my order was filled! Thanks wildman!

Got my shipping notice yesterday! Given many of the things I bought were not in stock, I'm really impressed how quickly my order was filled! Thanks wildman!
+1 Great service and communication.

WOO! got my shipping notice yesterday also!!!

To bad Im waiting to burn my M motor till July :(

Back