Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm four orders in, and have definitely joined team falcon punch, among other large rocket purchases...I just tell myself I'm making up for the three years of black Saturday sales I missed while deployed. Three plus today means four orders is reasonable. Besides, who needs high credit availability? They'll give anyone a loan to anyone these days :)

Two? .... What am I? Chopped liver?
You add a Demon to the pile Gus? You'd better or else I'll join in on the texting fun...

IF your there, Adrian's there...that's scary...

Your probably sitting around thinking i want to "P"...really need to "P"...probably playing with my "P"...

NOT going to happen, spent the wahzoo already. :no:

I checked out WM sale. Some great prices for sure. I had an order over $300 in my cart ready to check out, but went back and cleared it. Decided I had other things I should spend my money on this year and my membership expired so I didn't buy anything this year. I don't even remember when it expired? Probably a few months ago. I need to write this down. If I decide to join I'll write down the date.

Troj? (Off subject) Shhhhhhh.....Could you *teach* Timmy how to correctly reply to a friendship request?
Don't make me cancel my order and, go over to the RW sale! :lol:

Oooops! Getting coal for Christmas...coal for Christmas...:(

Thanks for your hard work in keeping Tim's website up, i can barely figure these computer thingy's out much less think what it's like to set up all this organized chaos.

No worries, Gus. Tim says all is forgiven. He says not to mind the "used" looks to the nozzles on your reloads. You can trust him - they're new.... ;)

To David...DAVID! My SON, for producing what i think will be a great new toy in the arsenal...Make mine lighter and, stronger than the others...

Santa will be dropping one of these off for me too. Maybe not in time for Christmas, but definitely in time for Black Rock next season. Question is who's doing the build thread? A finely tuned machine like this will need more than my typical ham-handed approach. I don't want to be killing the patient. Dr. David, will need to open up his appointment book at Wildman West, 'cause I am going to need a consult or two.

IF your there, Adrian's there...that's scary...

Your probably sitting around thinking i want to "P"...really need to "P"...probably playing with my "P"...

NOT going to happen, spent the wahzoo already. :no:

Nope Gus, yer safe. I was home snug in bed at 5am and cleaning dog puke at 6:30am....
I wasn't invited :sigh: :sigh: or needed :cry: even though I offered. I guess someone had to stay home and make purchases.... My Discover card is gonna send me a get well soon card....

Adrian

LOL, I think it's slowing down at Wildman's.
I just got a little text from the elves...
Better step up the calls... The elves are restless....

Adrian

Thanks Wildman, this was a great sale. I got almost everything I wanted. The only one I didn't pull the trigger on that was on my wish list was the Darkstar 3". $150 was a nice price for that bird, but it didn't stack up to the steal of a deal on the 2.6" Darkstar. Half the price for a slightly smaller kit was too much to resist.

Thanks again, looking forward to a busy building season.

Folks:

Treated myself to a red 4" Punisher and a sled for it. Anyone up for a punisher drag race next year at URRF ?

Hope everyone got what they wanted.

Cheers
John ..

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Darkstar, but I was curious as to what the difference between the Darkstar Jr and Darkstar 2.6 are, outside of the 2.6 being slightly larger and a 54mm MMT.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Darkstar, but I was curious as to what the difference between the Darkstar Jr and Darkstar 2.6 are, outside of the 2.6 being slightly larger and a 54mm MMT.

I don't know the products well enough -- for the best information, give Wildman a call. He'll be more than happy to fill you in.

-Kevin

The 2.6" Darkstar has a 2.6" diameter body tube. The Darkstar jr has a 2.1" diameter body tube.

The 2.6" has a polycarbonate nose cone. The jr. has a FWFG nose cone.

The 2.6" has a 38mm or 54mm motor mount. The jr. has a 38mm motor mount.

Hope this helps.

The 2.6" Darkstar has a 2.6" diameter body tube. The Darkstar jr has a 2.1" diameter body tube.

The 2.6" has a polycarbonate nose cone. The jr. has a FWFG nose cone.

The 2.6" has a 38mm or 54mm motor mount. The jr. has a 38mm motor mount.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I ended up going with the Jr because it had all the dual deploy parts with it as well.

Alex. Call me!! I will give you the "lowest he said he would go" number

630-670-4608

-Jason

I could say that too, except Sharon did the ordering. Big motors add up quickly, and we're both L3's

You guys and I seem to have very different levels at which we start to pucker.

You've done a nice job of making me feel like I didn't spend much at all. So I've got that going for me. Plus a nice (for my taste) pile of reloads.

Thanks. I ended up going with the Jr because it had all the dual deploy parts with it as well.

I've got one of those as well. Nice kit, goes together well. And you get some serious altitude out of it too, especially when you add the booster stage :y:

While my wallet might disagree, I'm glad I caught the sale this year. As a recent BAR, let's just say next flying season will mark my transition from BP to APCP with the 68 motors I just bought :) All MPR and one H128 for my L1 cert in the spring!

Thanks Wildman!

While my wallet might disagree, I'm glad I caught the sale this year. As a recent BAR, let's just say next flying season will mark my transition from BP to APCP with the 68 motors I just bought :) All MPR and one H128 for my L1 cert in the spring!

This guy knows what he's doing. Where will you do your L1? on what rocket? A wildman kit, hopefully :)

Back