Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife suggested Tim should make an upscale Dink called the "Badonka Dink"

Heyyy,,
Dats a good one...
Wait'll Tim see this...

And the next bigger Dink is born just a bit prematurely,,, lol...

Teddy

Heyyy,,
Dats a good one...
Wait'll Tim see this...

And the next bigger Dink is born just a bit prematurely,,, lol...

Teddy

She already emailed him her idea..

And it's not a "premature Dink"...it's just a little cold outside!

She already emailed him her idea..

And it's not a "premature Dink"...it's just a little cold outside!

hahahahahahahaha.....

Tanks man......

I needed dat one..........lol...

Teddy

Any more updates on the backorders? I'm pretty sure the only thing in my order on the backorder list is the AT 29mm hardware special - I've got a plenty big build pile so I'm not super worried about kits, but I'm getting itchy for my motors.

Just got a call from Jackie. Everything but one thing was in that I ordered, and she offered a swap. Swap accepted.

AP inbound! Let's make some fire and smoke!

Whoo-hoo! I got my shipping notice today! :D I should get it next week. Thank you!! Phil L.

Thank You Wildman Tim & Jackie! 58 pounds of stuff showed up last week, everything is perfect!!

I'll be back soon!!!

Got my order today! Thanks again! Now, I gotta get out and fly some of this....

Phil L.

I thought you were off skiing???

....oh, that must have been someone else.

Thanks to Tim and Jackie getting a missing item out to me in a timely manner. It took me a while to realize that I was missing some Kevlar from my order, and they got it right out to me. Superb!

We have shipped everything except some Aerotech hardware and Cti 98 closures still on back order if you are missing anything else please get ahold of us first thing next week so we can get it cleaned up.

62 Lbs of reloads waiting at the post office!!:grin:

Got to wait till Tuesday to pick it up. :sad:

I thought the first shipment was big at 130 lbs. Now we have another coming in tomorrow that weighs 91 lbs. This should hold us until LDRS in June, hopefully. We have two HPR launches this month, lets burn some AP!

Dang you guys make me sick :(

Forget the bank, I'm gonna go hijack that UPS truck!

Er, wait, I'd better ask first...how many 24's and 29's you think could I whittle off of a 75 or. 98mm? 54s probably would be worth it?

Nah, really, that's awesome, I hope you guys have an amazing season!

One great thing about this hobby, is that you get to enjoy what you can afford to launch and also see what others can afford to launch (with the side benefit of not having to chase them). Launch a little, watch a lot! Looking forward to seeing you burn some of this at LDRS.

One great thing about this hobby, is that you get to enjoy what you can afford to launch and also see what others can afford to launch (with the side benefit of not having to chase them). Launch a little, watch a lot! Looking forward to seeing you burn some of this at LDRS.

+1 I love the smell of other peoples $$$$ burning :)

Dang you guys make me sick :(

Forget the bank, I'm gonna go hijack that UPS truck!

Er, wait, I'd better ask first...how many 24's and 29's you think could I whittle off of a 75 or. 98mm? 54s probably would be worth it?

Nah, really, that's awesome, I hope you guys have an amazing season!

The shipment coming tomorrow is mostly big motors that Wildman didn't have in stock. You might be surprised how many 24's, 29's and 38mm motors we fly. The NAR club we fly with (Superstition Spacemodeling Society) made us pull out a bunch of older Estes kits for when we go out on Friday. Class one rockets abound. Saturday and Sunday we have a 8600 ft. waiver with call ins to 14k. We are mostly flying under the 8600 ft. waiver.

Our other club is TRA/PHX and that's where the big dogs howl. Last month we didn't get our 50k standing waiver, so everybody came out anyway with all kinds of class one rockets. Here are some guys that fly huge research motors (up to a Q) flying little 18mm rockets and having a blast. I only had one rocket that could fly without a waiver, so I flew it twice. Still a bunch of fun.
We have some big plans for LDRS. Scratch building a 5x54mm cluster rocket with LOC 7.5" tube. Sharon is flying her L3 rocket (Gizmo XL) again with the same M1790 Skidmark that she flew to certify with. Not sure if it will have the bottle of champagne in the nosecone again, but should be an awesome flight anyway. I'm flying my 6" Ultimate Darkstar for it's first flight on an M2505.
We usually bring more rockets than we can fly, and sometimes surprise ourselves with all the dirty rockets we take home.

I am looking forward to LDRS. As I recall, the last LDRS at Lucern had 3 days with night launches scheduled. Anymore, I need to have multiple night launches to get all the birds I bring into the air before the waiver expires. I would love to fly a J145 Skidmark at night (5 seconds of sparky goodness).

Last edited:
4 new rockets nearly completed over the last few weekends. Doing fillets every evening. Fillets are my pain!

Hah, that is my favorite part of the build. One set in the morning, one set at night. One full round internal, repeat for external.

Found a couple more boxes at the door today. This is the last of our Black Saturday order:
017.jpg

4 new rockets nearly completed over the last few weekends. Doing fillets every evening. Fillets are my pain!

I'll trade your fillets for sanding fiberglass before bonding....
Although I did buy a new orbital palm sander to try to speed up the process.

Adrian

I'll trade your fillets for sanding fiberglass before bonding....
Although I did buy a new orbital palm sander to try to speed up the process.

Adrian

Try a really course sandpaper Adrian,,
That should go fairly quickly and easily....

Teddy

Back