Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hosting provider is in taking a look to see what happened; I'm waiting to hear back.

-Kevin

Ok, I know everyone is "busy" at this very moment, but I'm looking for some info/clarification on the Punisher "Sport" models --

Mainly - tell me about the nosecones! It seems like the regular "sport" is a molded glass (not polycarbonate?), and the "super sport" is filament wound - yes?
And the big question - ARE THESE TRUE "HED" STYLE LIKE THE ONE ON THE 3" PUNISHER??? Meaning, do they have the extended straight open end that is airframe ID and accepts the forward end of an AV bay?
I'm assuming they will have a screw on tip, yes? Aluminum or composite?

As far as I know, the "Punishers" that were smaller than 3" up to this point did NOT have a real HED nosecone - they were simply a regular rocket with a Punisher fin shape. This holds no interest to me. But I've been waiting for real HED nosecones in 54mm and 38mm ever since that first Punisher hit the scene, and it seems like that time has come. Has it? Are we there yet?

Pictures, descriptions, specs, "I saw one and it looks like X", etc., please.

Have fun club members - leave some for the rest of us on Saturday!

s6

you guy will have to wait for the Demon that's on Saturday.

WWHHHAAATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
Of all of them that's the one I'm dying to see.......

Comon mannn...
Have a heart........

Teddy

Ok, I know everyone is "busy" at this very moment, but I'm looking for some info/clarification on the Punisher "Sport" models --

Mainly - tell me about the nosecones! It seems like the regular "sport" is a molded glass (not polycarbonate?), and the "super sport" is filament wound - yes?
And the big question - ARE THESE TRUE "HED" STYLE LIKE THE ONE ON THE 3" PUNISHER??? Meaning, do they have the extended straight open end that is airframe ID and accepts the forward end of an AV bay?

As far as I know, the "Punishers" that were smaller than 3" up to this point did NOT have a real HED nosecone - they were simply a regular rocket with a Punisher fin shape. This holds no interest to me. But I've been waiting for real HED nosecones in 54mm and 38mm ever since that first Punisher hit the scene, and it seems like that time has come. Has it? Are we there yet?

s6
The punisher sport has a filament wound nose cone and the coupler goes up inside just like the old ones just much lighter.

Comon mannn...
Have a heart........

Teddy
That's the one I've been waiting for also

airplane7.jpg

s6

Yes. I saw the nosecones myself. Tried to get one out of Tim's shop but he wouldn't let me take it... I want one.

Comon mannn...
Have a heart........

Teddy, because I like you, I'll fill you in on some details. But you have to promise not to tell anyone, and more importantly, you can't let Tim know I told you anything!

The Demon

It has a round body tube

and a pointy nosecone

And it has more than two fins.

Tim,,,,,
No way......
There is just no way..........

You broke the freakin internet.............

Teddy

Ya know Kev,,,
You're surprisingly calm at the moment........

Teddy

Count me in as one who was checking out when the server crashed, and I had a Punisher SS in my cart. :(

I have to head out for a while. I really hope I don't lose my chance at getting this. :(

Steve

Ya know Kev,,,
You're surprisingly calm at the moment........

That's where you would be wrong.

This is my absolute *worst* nightmare, and I'm in a position where I'm waiting on someone else and cannot see what's going on. I can run the site locally against the live database, which tells me the code should be fine and the database is good.....but something is awry on the production server.

To say I'm a bit frustrated right now would be putting it mildly.

Monday, I get to relive this "fun" with a site that has dozens of production web servers and will do several million dollars in sales....

I think that someone infected the server with a virus... All that looking at Dinks... I don't know much about the intertubes, but I know computers get infected that way...
:confused2:

Count me in as one who was checking out when the server crashed, and I had a Punisher SS in my cart. :(

I have to head out for a while. I really hope I don't lose my chance at getting this. :(

Trust me, when something like this happens, Tim will make sure you're taken care of.

-Kevin

Back