Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new favorite combo is a 54 airframe with a 38 hole... Small enough to fly on 24mm Es and sturdy enough to fly on 38mm Js... That combo makes it simply the most versatile mid to high power rocket out there. ... The interceptor 54 is pretty amazing. Now, if only there was a Punisher Sport.............. Hey, Tim, I've got an idea...... ;-)

you mean like this

punish sport red.jpg

Will any of the other Jr or mini kits be available in colors besides red?

Could someone give a quick idea of the difference between the "club exclusive" and "regular" sales in the past? I'm new to HPR and probably wouldn't spend enough next year at Wildman for the $30 club fee to make sense - but I'm also keeping an eye on this fall's sales for a good kit to go L2 on, so if there's a smokin' deal there exclusive to the club it might make it worth it.

It can be quite significant. You very likely will make up the Wildman Club cost in just the sale, and then anything else you buy during the year is that much cheaper.

Well I originally signed up for WM club membership to get the extra 5% off Hobbyline RMS ..

I still reap the rewards from it everytime i fly motor hardware from a Black Sat sale, or a rocket like the DarkStar 3 . .

Kenny

I'd like to see a picture and/or some specs...

Build thread here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?130046-4-quot-Punisher-%28KCCO-The-Chive-themed%29-Build-Thread&p=1517239#post1517239

Parts list:

- Booster:
45" long
2.02 lbs

- Fins:
1.36 lbs

- Coupler:
8.25" long
0.48 lbs

- Nose cone, tip and eye bolt:
0.80 lbs

- 75mm motor mount tube:
16.5" long
0.62 lbs

- Switch band:
1" long
0.06 lbs

- Centering rings:
0.06 lbs

- Aluminum avionics bay plates:
0.26 lbs

- Quick links & hardware:
0.16 lbs

- 2 yards of flat 1" Kevlar:
0.08 lbs

5.9 lbs total thus far

Attachments

• DSCN0360.jpg
    DSCN0360.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0361.jpg
    DSCN0361.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0362.jpg
    DSCN0362.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0363.jpg
    DSCN0363.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 13
you mean like this

I've been hoping for a "real" Punisher in 38-54mm airframe sizes from the moment the first 3" Punisher was released. Correct me if I'm wrong but the ones smaller than 3" do not have the HED nosecone do they? If I'm wrong and they do have it, then sign me up for a couple at least! That nose cone on the 3" (and presumably the new 4") is THE crux of the whole thing, and it's what makes the 3" Punisher the coolest rocket kit released in the last year or so.

Hoping for more HED nosecone offerings,
s6

I agree with Stealth. The HED is what makes the Punisher so cool. Hope it's standard with smaller versions too.

Build thread here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?130046-4-quot-Punisher-%28KCCO-The-Chive-themed%29-Build-Thread&p=1517239#post1517239

Parts list:

- Booster:
45" long
2.02 lbs

- Fins:
1.36 lbs

- Coupler:
8.25" long
0.48 lbs

- Nose cone, tip and eye bolt:
0.80 lbs

- 75mm motor mount tube:
16.5" long
0.62 lbs

- Switch band:
1" long
0.06 lbs

- Centering rings:
0.06 lbs

- Aluminum avionics bay plates:
0.26 lbs

- Quick links & hardware:
0.16 lbs

- 2 yards of flat 1" Kevlar:
0.08 lbs

5.9 lbs total thus far

Your workshop is so neat and tidy... Mine looks that way for about 1 day every month or so.

I've been hoping for a "real" Punisher in 38-54mm airframe sizes from the moment the first 3" Punisher was released. Correct me if I'm wrong but the ones smaller than 3" do not have the HED nosecone do they? If I'm wrong and they do have it, then sign me up for a couple at least! That nose cone on the 3" (and presumably the new 4") is THE crux of the whole thing, and it's what makes the 3" Punisher the coolest rocket kit released in the last year or so.

Hoping for more HED nosecone offerings,
s6

That would require a new 54mm nosecone with a coupler av bay and a tip that can connect to a harness........ That would be cool.

Sounds like I'll give it a go. Should be fun at any rate, and what's $30 to a high power rocketeer anyway ;). Couple more logistics questions if I may:
1) Are all the deals announced to members prior to the Wednesday presale (e.g. if you repeated last year, I would totally have grabbed a Darkstar Jr. on Wednesday then kicked myself when the 3" went on sale)?
2) For folks that participate in the Wednesday presale, can you consolidate with your Saturday orders to save shipping/hazmat (sounds like a lot of this is basically a presale, so it's not like I'd be expecting things to ship between the sales anyway)?

Looking forward to getting some rocket food and an L2 kit (unless Madcow tempts me too much first with a 3" XL Frenzy - I have a thing for split fins, what can I say...)

Your workshop is so neat and tidy... Mine looks that way for about 1 day every month or so.

Thanks! Yeah I have to keep things neat and tidy otherwise I get anxious when the OCD kicks in! :facepalm: The rest of my modest work area, storage, and safe are all kept crazy neat. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing the other holiday sales.

Thanks! Yeah I have to keep things neat and tidy otherwise I get anxious when the OCD kicks in! :facepalm: The rest of my modest work area, storage, and safe are all kept crazy neat. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing the other holiday sales.

My bench doesn't get that clean unless I'm staring a new / serious build...lol...

Teddy

I certainly would like to see a Dark Star extreme in the sale. I wouldn't bind being surprised seeing something like a Blackhawk 75 either ;-)

If a Blackhawk 75 is in the sale, I'm buying it flying it for my level 3 project ;-)

I hope Aerotech is better prepared for this years sale!
Since Charlie came on board the fill rates have gone up to about 98% and turn around 1-2 weeks on orders from (24-98mm) average. It may be a little longer for post B.F. orders but should be under 5 weeks from what I was told.

It starts in a week .
We have at least 1 brand new rocket that has never been seen buy the masses and I think its a winner, some new twists on some old favorites .
We have some smoking deals on to much to list here.
Remember the Wednesday sale is for current club members only and you can not join during the sale.
The Saturday sale will be open to everyone.

Back