Wildman's Holiday Specials

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching all the cool new product up top flash by when it went down

Kenny

In the meantime... Does anyone happen to know how the ra38p-tw retainer (looks like that's the only model on sale) will fit on a LOC tube? Blasphemy, I know, but I've got to ask.

In the meantime... Does anyone happen to know how the ra38p-tw retainer (looks like that's the only model on sale) will fit on a LOC tube? Blasphemy, I know, but I've got to ask.

The "-tw" indicates that it will include a thin metal band that is perfect for making a standard AeroPack fit on a thin-wall fiberglass motor mount. Rather than wait/make AeroPack retool their entire line for the new thinwall fiberglass, the thin metal band works perfectly.

Tried to order TWICE and got an error both times. Cannot get back to the website: "Error 503. The service is unavailable."

Yep. It barfed again. Waiting on the hosting company to get things running again.

-Kevin

The "-tw" indicates that it will include a thin metal band that is perfect for making a standard AeroPack fit on a thin-wall fiberglass motor mount. Rather than wait/make AeroPack retool their entire line for the new thinwall fiberglass, the thin metal band works perfectly.

I think I seen these bands last year. I assumed they were something to protect the threads although that seemed unnecessary.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured, but how does the adjusted diameter compare with a LOC diameter? It seems like It'd be a close fit, but I'm looking for some confirmation before I pull the trigger.

Yep, I've gotten to the very end of check twice and it's gone down.
I've definitely uttered words the same as "troj" "I cannot post the string of words I just uttered, or I'll be banned from here."
Will have to sign off for a while life is getting in the way of rockets.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured, but how does the adjusted diameter compare with a LOC diameter? It seems like It'd be a close fit, but I'm looking for some confirmation before I pull the trigger.

My understanding is that AeroPack includes a spacer to make it fit the thinner walled tubing.

-Kevin

My understanding is that AeroPack includes a spacer to make it fit the thinner walled tubing.

-Kevin

Cool, good enough for me, Worst case I guess I'll be doing some sanding on one piece or another, I'll get my order in just as soon as the website is back up. :madnote:

Regardless, thanks for working the problem Kevin, good to see you around on here.

Nate

Dink.jpg
I did get this pulled down...

First person to get me steps that allow me to recreate the checkout problem gets a $50 Wildman gift certificate. I'm not kidding -- paying this out of my own pocket, because I cannot recreate the problem and I know you folks are experiencing it.

-Kevin

When I go to check out, the "total charge" shows up as only the shipping. Is this the same error? Will my order go through?

Nate

I got the same error, tried a second time, and it worked.

Tried twice so far. No joy.... This is at the last step of check out. Payment page. Also no total shown when I get to the shipping address same as page...
OK, Kevin, you can sleep a little easier. Third time was a charm. Order placed. Discover card abused....

Adrian

Last edited:
Back