AT assembly layout

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarhead

Reaction score
At MWP on Friday I had a chance to meet many new friends due to the fog. So many in fact that I can't remember all the names.
I was shown a picture of an assembly layout (template may be a better term). You would lay out all of the parts on the scale diagrams and use the instructions to assemble the motor. I think there was on for each motor size.
I think this is a great idea for my kids to learn while lessening the chances of an o-ring in the wrong location and the chaos that ensues.
Anyone out here ever seen one of these beauties? I'm sending my daughter to college next year and this would be great for the rocket club.
Thanks in advance.

I have seen that and have actually stuffed a copy in the range box.
The one I reference is more like a placemat with "to scale" representations of each component. I think there was a different place,at for each size case.
You would lay each component on the corresponding photo then assemble using the instructions printed on the mat.
It seemed super simple an almost fool proof.

Nice find. AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! :)

be careful though- since it's from Australia they assemble everything backwards, due to the coriolis force and that they drive on the wrong side of the road.

latest

That looks pretty much like what Jarhead was asking for. Looks like you can lay out the parts and then assemble them in the right places. Nice job!

Maybe we can get one really really big for this?

Thanks for this! I had an extra Soyuz floating around and didn't know where it was supposed to go. Also, I think I put my JEM-ELM in backwards :facepalm:

Maybe we can get one really really big for this?

I am going to need one for my Space Shuttle, cause I took half of it apart to fix a rattle, and I am having a bitch of a time getting the Reaction Control Engines to go back together.

I've been away for a while and haven't looked at this in a few days.
We have some talented folks here who are very helpful.
The rest of you have me LMAO!!!! :rofl:
Thanks as always for the assist and the entertainment. :wink:

Back