does anyone know where i can buy an old style timer triggered by pull pin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketor

Reaction score
Ive been trying to find a small timer that can be triggered by a pull pin instead of just a g switch. perfectflight no longer makes sells them. cant find a xaviar distributor. Id rather not build my own. does anybody have any ideas ?

yup..... he is referring to the Xavien XDSRT, damn good piece of hardware.

well thanks, I appreciate the input. the only problem I have with the xdsrt is the size. I was hoping for something smaller. I have found misselworks in lyons Colorado sells a pull pin timer. its still larger but I guess I will have to deal with it. there are many uses for a pull pin. anything can be triggered besides a g switch. I was trying to use it as a backup to a tender descender. if the drogue doesn't get the main out a charge can blow it out but only after the descender separates. if the drogue charge fails or it strips the idea was we could still get out the main. additional circuits such as a Arduino can trigger the timer without the power circuitry needing to be designed.

I have a Blacksky Timer2 I am willing to sell. The company is long gone (I think) so there is nothing you can look up. I think I still have the instructions as well. It is about 1/2" by 2"

You could always just desolder the G-switch from a timer and insert any other sort of switch, pull-pin or otherwise. The G-switch on my Perfectflite Minitimer3 is huge and would be easy to bypass.
-Ken

I have a Blacksky Timer2 I am willing to sell. The company is long gone (I think) so there is nothing you can look up. I think I still have the instructions as well. It is about 1/2" by 2"
Hey Al- if the Blacksky is cheep enuff, I have an experimental (emphasis on 'mental') bird to fly it in. Still available? Scotty and I used to fly together and I still have one of the prototypes (Timer2a!) as a keeper piece.

I have 2 x Missile Works PET timer version 1.
It can be triggered by pull-pins.

Make me an offer??

JD

IMG_20151107_204051116.jpg

Hey thanks for the input, I got convinced to buy a missile works altimeter. just seemed like a simpler solution than trying to create a 3ird event trigger for a 2 event altimeter. Might be a great project but there are already solutions out there. I guess I would rather try and find solutions for problems not already solved. It was also worth it to talk to Jim. Happy launching everybody.

Back