Giant Leap Rocketry - MIA??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wighty44

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Giant Leap Rocketry is still in business? I know they have a website, but I've tried to get a couple pre-purchase questions answered via their "contact me" link and had no reply or acknowledgement after 4 days.

My own experiences with them I've found that they are NOT MUCH on customer service .

Send a PM to Freddiejojo he is the man for GLR iirc. He runs the warehouse or something like it, I have talked with him several times via phone, last time was in the summer.

Give them a call at the number on the website. Someone picked up first time for me on Friday.

Thanks for all the replies. I think it's sad that a company provides a "contact me" link and then fails to monitor it. Although I know I could call them, or PM someone, I'm not sure I want to do business with a company that is not responsive to their customer's needs via email.

There are too many other companies out there who do respond in a more timely manner.

Thanks for all the replies. I think it's sad that a company provides a "contact me" link and then fails to monitor it. Although I know I could call them, or PM someone, I'm not sure I want to do business with a company that is not responsive to their customer's needs via email.

There are too many other companies out there who do respond in a more timely manner.

But not too many that sell Aeropoxy structural.

GLR is a good company to work with, I have no problems with purchasing from them.

GLR is a good company to work with, I have no problems with purchasing from them.
Purchasing is not my issue. I wanted to know certain specifications related to their parachutes and protectors. Their website says nothing about their weight, packed volume, or Cd. I have a specific need that requires that information. Further, their Kevlar chute protectors only say they fit "to X.X" airframe". I need to know the actual protector's width.

I've bought AeroPoxy from them, but I'm frustrated that they don't respond to simple questions that may lead to additional purchases. It's just that simple...:wink:

Purchasing is not my issue. I wanted to know certain specifications related to their parachutes and protectors. Their website says nothing about their weight, packed volume, or Cd. I have a specific need that requires that information. Further, their Kevlar chute protectors only say they fit "to X.X" airframe". I need to know the actual protector's width.

I've bought AeroPoxy from them, but I'm frustrated that they don't respond to simple questions that may lead to additional purchases. It's just that simple...:wink:

Okay now I understand, as has been said before give Kent a call (I believe thats Freddiejojo's name) he is more than happy to answer those kind of questions. I wanted to ask a similar question about their Pinnacle nosecones one time, iirc he responded to my email but the phone conversation was so much more enlightening.

Chute Cd's and packing volumes might be tough ones, I'm not sure most of the manufacturer list that data, one company, Public Missles does list an approximate packing volume but packing volume is highly subjective to the person packing the chute. Most people just base the descent rate on the weight of the rocket, which GLR has listed along with the weights of their TAC series chutes. The regular hemispherical and single piece chutes are made by Top Flight Recovery iirc and maybe the chute protectors.

Keep trying they may have been part of MWP which was this weekend. GLR's business address is in Louisiana but iirc their warehouse where the email are answered from is in Kansas so they may have gone up IL for the event.

Last edited:
This is not a defense, but just an observation of reality. Sometimes when I have to go see someone at work, and they have their inbox on on the screen, I notice that they have thousands (literally) of unread messages. Some people just stink at checking their e-mail. While this is not a good way to make money if you have a web-based business, it also doesn't mean that they aren't willing to help you.

I have found that I get much better responses via the phone than I do with e-mail. I know society is moving more and more toward impersonal electronic communications, but not everyone is there yet.

If I have a question for a vendor, I send an e-mail, and if I don't get a response the next day, I call. And be sure to say, "You can disregard my e-mail." :)

Does anyone know if Giant Leap Rocketry is still in business? I know they have a website, but I've tried to get a couple pre-purchase questions answered via their "contact me" link and had no reply or acknowledgement after 4 days.

Dear Mr. JD and Mr. 44,

Yes, I am still here and why I have not received or answered your question is not known to me. If you email to the following address, it comes direct to me and I will do my best to answer your questions. Goodness knows, I answer the phone looking at the size of my phone bill.

And Mr. JD, I am sorry you had a bad experience. If there is something I can do to make you happy, this is also the way to chew me out as well.

After our re-organization that I completed back in April, things on this end have been much better. The only issue still be-deviling me is on occasion a PayPal order does not come through to me and it ends up in the "PayPalPurgatory" requiring my boss to intercede and retrieve it from the account. I only know there is a problem when a customer rightly calls and asks "where is my order"? Wence I begin the back-track looking for it.

The rumors of my absence by the amount of orders I am handling are greatly exaggerated.

Kent
620-727-0045
[email protected]

Just called Kent. Had a pleasant conversation and he has my questions and will respond. Thanks for everyone's comments, and especially for Kent's reply above...

+1 CUSTOMER SINCE 2004, needed a snap ring for my 29mm slimline mount.
I called for price and much to my pleasant surprise, received two snap rings a few days later in the mail!
Great customer service here!
Thanks Kent!
Ken

Last edited:
+1 got a Mariah and some build parts just a few weeks ago. Kent is great to deal with.

Dear Mr. JD and Mr. 44,

Yes, I am still here and why I have not received or answered your question is not known to me. If you email to the following address, it comes direct to me and I will do my best to answer your questions. Goodness knows, I answer the phone looking at the size of my phone bill.

And Mr. JD, I am sorry you had a bad experience. If there is something I can do to make you happy, this is also the way to chew me out as well.

After our re-organization that I completed back in April, things on this end have been much better. The only issue still be-deviling me is on occasion a PayPal order does not come through to me and it ends up in the "PayPalPurgatory" requiring my boss to intercede and retrieve it from the account. I only know there is a problem when a customer rightly calls and asks "where is my order"? Wence I begin the back-track looking for it.

The rumors of my absence by the amount of orders I am handling are greatly exaggerated.

Kent
620-727-0045
[email protected]

I want to thank you'al for the head's up on our email issues. The webmaster has checked and yes there is a problem he is efforting. In the meantime, I can easily be reached at : [email protected] and my phone number is (620) 727-0045

Thank you, Kent/glr

Is Magnaframe no longer available in larger sizes?

Well here's my story... Last year I ordered aeropoxy and didn't hear anything from them.... Eventually after a month I opened a paypal case... They refunded my money the owner was apologetic and took 100% responsibility... I also contacted the warehouse guy and it wasn't the greatest of service... However they made up for it because one morning I wake up to find not only a package of aeropoxy left by ups but an upgraded quantity at that. So to that I'll be back...

Dear Mr. Thins and Mr. Cook,

As for the Magnaframe, it is being discontinued to make way for a new product to be released as soon as I get over this cold. Mr. Thins, I am also sorry about the PayPal issue, and our webmaster has related there is a problem with the spam-ware (something of that type) that is and has been preventing PayPal orders from coming through. The webmaster is efforting that problem. When I finish here, I have to go through the master list of PP orders to confirm and pull the orders which I have not received normally.

Kent/glr

As for the Magnaframe, it is being discontinued to make way for a new product to be released as soon as I get over this cold.

Cool, because I have a couple of projects that need something lighter than FWFG but stronger than paper and more stable than BlueTube...

My only complaint with Magnaframe was the sealant/glaze that was on it.

Back