Can I batch up multiple Rocksim V9 simulations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James_Bond

Reaction score
When I run my simulations in Rocksim v9, I go through the process of loading one motor and running a flight simulation one at a time. Can I load multiple motors (non-clustered) and batch up the simulations. For example, I want to load all 38mm CTI motors and run all simulations. I could not find a method myself. Thanks for any guidance.

When I run my simulations in Rocksim v9, I go through the process of loading one motor and running a flight simulation one at a time. Can I load multiple motors (non-clustered) and batch up the simulations. For example, I want to load all 38mm CTI motors and run all simulations. I could not find a method myself. Thanks for any guidance.

Short answer, no. If you are game to do your own programming, you can make use of the xml file format and tap into the console executable, rocksimc.exe, to loop through simulations in batch mode.

Thrustcurve's Motor Guide will do what you want and perhaps so will the venerable wRASP32. I use this method to sort through all the motor choices, then use RS, OR, or RASAero for more detailed simulations.

I am really surprised that most simulators only offer the one-by-one motor configurations. I think a batch mode is absolutely critical, given the 100's of motor options available today.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was afraid of. Sometimes I want to sim all possible combinations, print it, and take it to the field as you might not be able to get that favorite reload you always want.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was afraid of. Sometimes I want to sim all possible combinations, print it, and take it to the field as you might not be able to get that favorite reload you always want.

Agreed. I do the same.

Unless you want to write your own batch program for Rocksim or OpenRocket, Thrustcurve Motor Guide is the practical way to go right now.

Back