MDRA returns to Higgs Field Nov 21 for ESL 209!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom you are such a gentleman...
And you're as usual 100% correct..
I do appreciate all MDRA does for us,,
So much so I feel guilty I don't get down there more often...
At least to help set up,, but I'm far enough that would mean staying an extra day....
I can't wait to see all of the guy's again,, this is going to be a fun launch for sure...

Teddy

See you there, gentlemen. I am only launching three, so I will have more time for helping and socializing.

Well, I can call it for tomorrow...I can't make it. Hope Peter is there to shoot Tom's big ones! And other launches too, of course :) I am bummed as my Fett Boy will have to wait once again.

I may or may not (mostly may) have crammed Hellraiser, Mondo Kraken, The 4" "Bluefin," a 4" Hornet, 3 G-forces, a King Kraken, a Bucky Jones, a Space Ark, and a gaggle of little ones into the trunk of a Ford 500.

Rocket jenga.

Later!

--Coop

Cain't wait....
It's going to be a great launch. ...
With great people I haven't seen in too long.....
I hang my head in shame.....lol.....

Teddy

What a great day of flying. We had 2 successful level 3 cert flights (CONGRATULATIONS Coop & Jeff) and many level 1 & 2 flights. The winds were moderate and the skies clear until about 2:00. The Dewalt rocket flew to 7,500' on the O-4000. Great seeing everyone today, Winds are suppose to pick up for tomorrow but you never know......

There should be some pretty interesting footage going up on YouTube of a K500 cato as well...(my L2 cert attempt)

What a great day of flying. We had 2 successful level 3 cert flights (CONGRATULATIONS Coop & Jeff) and many level 1 & 2 flights. The winds were moderate and the skies clear until about 2:00. The Dewalt rocket flew to 7,500' on the O-4000. Great seeing everyone today, Winds are suppose to pick up for tomorrow but you never know......

Thanks so much, Scott! Your assistance was much appreciated!

I'm not going to try downloading altimeter data or going through footage until I get home. In a hotel now--Nikki and the 3 kids are sleeping. Heading to the field after breakfast to fly the E-J birds we brought.

Later!

--Coop

What a great is was indeed..
It was so nice seeing all of you guy's again...
The weather was fantastic too...

Teddy

Got some decent video of my 3'' MAC Performance Rayzor XL on an L935 Imax to 13,000' and of the first flight of my 3" FireStick XL on a J145 skidmark ling burn - really liked this motor, 5 seconds of awesome sparky-ness! :)

[video=youtube;xXKgkLEmGfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXKgkLEmGfM[/video]
**it should say M1.4, not M1.7

23305782385_3f4b5f1206_z.jpg
23223188531_831201d113_z.jpg

Great lift off shots! Really liked the sparky pad cam. I'm guessing the main came out at apogee on the Rayzor XL? That's quite a haul for recovery. What tracker were you using?

Great lift off shots! Really liked the sparky pad cam. I'm guessing the main came out at apogee on the Rayzor XL? That's quite a haul for recovery. What tracker were you using?

Thanks! I'm not really sure what happened, but the altitude plot I got through telemetry clearly shows a distinct decrease in speed @ 600' until landing - which was what the main was set for, so I don't think that it came out at apogee. It was even drogue-less, so I'm a bit baffled as to how it drifted so far away :confused:

I was using an entacore AIM XTRA - integrated flight computer, IMU's, GPS, etc. For the Rayzor, I have the antenna mounted on the bulkhead, but since for this flight I wanted to try out the pistons I was forced to use the really tiny antenna, which when combined with the metal eye-bolts, quick-links and charge cups in close proximity means reception was spotty at apogee. With the longer antenna, I get much more solid data/connection for the whole flight.

Attending once again at Higgs Farm is the Spring Grove High School Team from Pennsylvania.
Lead by teachers Brian Hastings and Renee Eaton the group always is enthusiastic and brings interesting rockets.

Their website https://springgroverocketry.weebly.com/

image12.jpgIMG_1151.JPG

Always nice to see the high school people come out Tom...
Thank you for paying forward...

Teddy

The Tube Fin flight Saturday 11/22/15 MDRA.
Spring Brook High School from Pennsylvania was the team that made the flight possible.

image2.jpg [video=youtube;NXETDsCtYAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXETDsCtYAU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
The Honest Joan launched Saturday at MDRA Higgs Farm to 1000' on a CTI M3100.
Joan pictured with the rocket at home in Pennsylvania.

2012-06-16 003.jpg [video=youtube;NRPplfAz87Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRPplfAz87Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back