North Texas High Power Launches-NAR/Tripoli

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin keeps checking the field as it dries out and will announce a launch soon so keep an eye out for it. I have a 98mm M1419W motor I traded Marlin for to fly in Uber Pike. That should be good for about 3700 ft. in the beast so the entire flight will be in view and the sound of the big dia. motors is awesome .

I hear Asa might be in play next weekend. I think we'll know by end of day if that's the case. Not sure if I can make it though :(.

I hear Asa might be in play next weekend. I think we'll know by end of day if that's the case. Not sure if I can make it though :(.
That would be great, I still have these 3 I140s getting dusty. I haven't heard anything about this launch yet so keep us posted.

Yeah, I'll let you know. Actually, I'm kind of late in the game as this has been contemplated for at least several days. I think they're waiting to confirm how much rain we wind up with through the weekend before making the call. I drove down to Killeen last week and I saw a lot of water off 35 near Waco so hopefully it was on it's way out...

That would be great, I still have these 3 I140s getting dusty. I haven't heard anything about this launch yet so keep us posted.

Personally I have a few I405's that need some attention. I am all in for an ASA launch on Sat. From what I see, the weather outlook is favorable.

It's official, here is the post from Marlin. Hope to see everyone there!

HOTROC ROCKET LAUNCH, SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

ASA, TX

Come join the fun! Weather Permitting.

This is a Tripoli sanctioned launch. All Tripoli
rules apply. Please bring Tripoli-NAR membership
cards and present your card at registration.
No one under 18 years old near High Power pads
unsupervised by Level 2 Flyer.

Waiver to 11,000 ft. with Call-ins to 18,000 ft.
Launch Fees, 1 Day $15.00

Port-O-Jon will be provided (donations accepted)

Remember: This is a working farm, large trucks &
equipment use the road, road must be kept clear

All children must be supervised at all times

Please keep all pets on leash

It would be much appreciated if everyone would pick
up any trash or anything that doesn't belong on field

I am proud to help make these "events" an "occasion"

Marlin Philyaw
TRA# 2329 - L 3
Prefect
Triopli Waco #012

Long range forecast is looking favorable. Maybe I can sneak away for a little while that day.

I am all in on this one...weather providing. I am so looking forward to this. I need this bad, NEED!

I am all in on this one...weather providing. I am so looking forward to this. I need this bad, NEED!
Yeah me too. I'm going to pre-prep my rockets/motors as much as I can beforehand and hopefully get off 4 or 5 flights. If you have never been to Asa it is a great field, very hard to lose a rocket so fly em' high!

Going out on a limb here.... 29.362591% chance I'll be there :).

Yeah me too. I'm going to pre-prep my rockets/motors as much as I can beforehand and hopefully get off 4 or 5 flights. If you have never been to Asa it is a great field, very hard to lose a rocket so fly em' high!

I have a planned, nothing too high but excited non the less. I will be flying my Magg on a I405 and more than likely my speed demon of a 4" on the same. I might also fly my Onyx on a H250G, that ought to be interesting.

I am planning on being there and if I can get some family there I will fly the Uber Pike. If not I will try to help as much as possible so Marlin can fly something and save the M for later in the year. Jeff remember to ask me for the long lost wire cutters. Grouch, I would like to get another look at the 2.6 FG Tomach , Marlin is building the 98mm FG Tomach as a replacement for his NYFD rocket.

What??? 29.362591% chance! You need to work on that :bangpan: It's not like this is a monthly event around here.

Yeah, tell me about it. All systems are looking go at the moment. I even built my first snap ring motor today and it was cool. Almost didn't feel the need to read the instructions as I've built them a thousand times in my mind over the years. If I'm able to attend I'm not sure what I can pull off. The current build won't be ready but I've got some other stuff that's been in the too-fly pile for many, many years.

By the way, Aerotech is scheduled to send their next shipment to me tomorrow which should be delived on Friday. So, if there's anything special you need then get the order in ASAP and I'll have them include it provided it's on their shelf.

Are we able to fly Skiddies? I can't imagine there would be any vegetation down to worry about.

Yeah, Skids are cool in Asa:

[video=youtube;cuty9udnpS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuty9udnpS4[/video]

View of the field from about 2 years ago:

904790_1423320604595290_1779469991821658323_o.jpg

I am planning on being there and if I can get some family there I will fly the Uber Pike. If not I will try to help as much as possible so Marlin can fly something and save the M for later in the year. Jeff remember to ask me for the long lost wire cutters. Grouch, I would like to get another look at the 2.6 FG Tomach , Marlin is building the 98mm FG Tomach as a replacement for his NYFD rocket.

++++++++1 on the Uber Pike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M1850???

I got a used 98mm/7680 case from Stu and traded Marlin for a reload for it. It is the same total impulse so it should get about 4000 ft.

Can some pm me the basic driving directions from the Waco area?

My GPS is sort of Tango Uniform at the moment.....

Back