Windows 10 Tested Rocketry software

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amarillo_rocket

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently ugpraded to Windows 10. A few minor issues after the install but nothing major. Simple things like the sound card wasn't enabled. I did test all of my rocketry software for compatibility and found no issues. Windows 10 is very similar to Windows 7 in a lot of ways. I had a serious dislike for Windows 8 and reverted back to Windows 7. Overall I am pleased with Windows 10.

Software Tested
AeroLab
BigRedBee Tracker and GPS setup
Burn Sim
CHEM Version 3.1
DataQ and DataQ Waveform Browser (used with strand burner)
FinSim 4.5
FPred Motor Analysis
THERM V3.3
Open Rocket
ProPep
RasAero I and II
Rocksim 9
Rocksim Engine Edit
Tamex

Add Perfect flight software, Marsa54L software, Tragic little Aerospace programs, and for the GPS Xbee config stuff too!!( XCTU)

if you have windows 7 no need to upgrade at this time. Any version windows 8- immediately upgrade- you will be pleased. nothing added to 10 that i found exciting- new features such as voice control and online storage ate not items of interest to me. Thanks for posting rocketry apps that work- been getting everything installed- so far so good.

You could upgrade to Linux Mint it's free and works great no spyware or data collection like Win 10.

TA

Back