Hump Day Happy Hour Sale start now !! 10/14/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketrywarehouse

Reaction score
Tonight's Sale we will reintroduce the Mongoose 54 at a great price.
The kit tonight is a Minimum Diameter 54mm rocket
It comes standard in Thin Wall Carbon Fiber tubing.
https://rocketrywarehouse.com/product_info.php?products_id=1398

mongoose-54-lg.jpg mongoose54-nc-close-lg.jpg

This will be offered at a introductory price of $189.99
That is 50% off tonight only !!
This is also limited to the first 50 Kits

We are also offering
Grey G12 tubing in 3 sizes ( This Item is in our Bargain Bin)
This tubing is discount for one reason only (inconsistent color)
That is about 40% off
https://rocketrywarehouse.com/index.php?cPath=95
grey-tubing-md.jpg

Please come check out the great deal and check out some of our other new products, lots more to be added in coming days.
www.rocketrywarehouse.com

Remember the sale starts at 7 PM EST and runs until inventory is gone or Midnight (whichever comes first)

Thank You
Sales Dept

Attachments

• mongoose-54-md.jpg
    mongoose-54-md.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 114
It looked awesome enough that I had to grab one.

On a completely unrelated note, my wife really hates Wednesdays for some reason. I can't imagine why.

I'm into scale rockets.

I like low and slow.

I have never had any interest in minimum diameter. Girth is good!

I have more rocket kits than I can build in my remaining lifetime.

I bought one...

Cheers,
Michael

just curious, what nose did you guys go with?

Ahh so tempting isn't it Riley. I picked up the original 38mm OOP Mongoose from a club member and it has a hand laid CF conical nosecone, I will likely ditch for a FW/FG, conical though but something I can put the tracker into. I do like the 5:1 VonKarman.

Ahh so tempting isn't it Riley. I picked up the original 38mm OOP Mongoose from a club member and it has a hand laid CF conical nosecone, I will likely ditch for a FW/FG, conical though but something I can put the tracker into. I do like the 5:1 VonKarman.

I always get a slightly higher and faster sim with ogive. it is so tempting... and a FG nose will be better for a tracker anyways...

I love the combination and the look... I'm just sick of trying to fit electronics in a 54mm AV Bay... :(

Have successfully talked myself out of this one... I think. maybe. aw crap.

For any of you that haven't visited the site, they even list the epoxy as being included. AV-Bay components as well. ARTF!

Cheers,
Michael

I just got a 54 mm FG Tomach that I need to build, so I really don't need another 54 mm MD.

But this one is carbon fiber.........so yeah, I just ordered it.

Since MD can go quite high, would carbon fiber challenge any RF tracking efforts that did not exit the BT? (Maybe an A/V bay in the NC or dangling on the "cord"?)

Last edited:
Since MD can go quite high, would carbon fiber challenge any RF tracking efforts that did not exit the BT? (Maybe an A/V bay in the NC or dangling on the "cord"?)

Yes, CF suppresses RF. You need to design transmitter antenna so it is free/clear during descent or housed in FG NC.

Wayne did also. The Rocket Room is getting overrun by MD rockets, I need to get back to building my short fat rockets to keep up!

That is a surprise. ..

I restrained myself based on his Blackhawk vs Blackhawk report. He stated he thought the older had a slight performance advantage due to being heavier off the pad. So I assume this Mongoose is even lighter than both of those.

Kenny

Last edited:
Back